CMOS kernel clock fix, Help

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
you may be able to fix it with todex, but the rtc payload only works on 5.05. it messes things up on later firmwares.
i am not sure yet, but i think that way will not mess anything since only sets time in certain FW versions. I think this is the way to bypass the problem when the cmos battery did end its life. Of course a modded console is required to bypass this.
Anyways it will be interesting to know what you have find on this...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not sure yet, but i think that way will not mess anything since only sets time in certain FW versions. I think this is the way to bypass the problem when the cmos battery did end its life. Of course a modded console is required to bypass this.
Anyways it will be interesting to know what you have find on this...
no longer needed, but you do need an exploited console. just change to sp-int for network environment, which will update the rtc from the dev network.

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
if someone here is having the cmos problem, we can perform a fast test to see if we can bypass it....
Post automatically merged:

no longer needed, but you do need an exploited console. just change to sp-int for network environment, which will update the rtc from the dev network.
that trick seems to be dependent on the sony's remote server... in that case that trick wont works in a future...

Last edited by arfgh,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if someone here is having the cmos problem, we can perform a fast test to see if we can bypass it....

that trick seems to be dependent on the sony's remote server... in that case that trick wont works in a future...
Well, I don't know about that. The trick comes from @Leeful .

Well, I don't know about that. The trick comes from @Leeful .
It's irrelevant though as hen bypasses it, and the latest firmware has been patched.

Reactions: Leeful

44daniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
On youtube, they say that this method was patched by sony
see comments
1693722169381.png

link:

arfgh

Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
conforming the info, out there, the trick is not longer working because sony did changes on Dev network. The big problem is again here because, consoles with 1.76 5.05 and 6.72 will reach that moment when the battery will reach the end of life...
I know that goldhen is bypassing the problem, but i wanted to know what happen with the original discs... i have read they wonk work at all... what a problem :(

viggen66

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So unfortunately there isn't a new method to fix this, opened my PS4 Slim on 6.72, replaced thermal pads with a brand new high end, new thermal paste, and insert a brand new CR2032 Battery, I knowed of this method of Debug settings, so I wasn´t worried about this clock bug, but I'm getting CE-33729-4, time resets to 1970.

blocco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So there is still no solution? I changed mine without keeping the board powered, cant log in anymore, or do anything else, time of course complete random, and ps4 support didnt do a s***, are we still stuck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure why, every other N64 game just runs fine with all kinds of enhancements but noooo KI...