Hacking Compatibility issues of M3i Zero

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Now that I know that M3i Zero does not need a DS/DSL to update(it would be nice if anybody can confirm with me again in this thread but...yeah), I want to know if all games can be played on this flashcart. Because apparently, I can't find a Supercard DSONEi in HK so I would probably switch an alternative. I did read those stickies but I don't understand how do those works so I have some questions here.

1) What does Sakura and M3 Quad Boot(and the similar) do actually? Because I did a Google search for those who can't played games on M3i Zero and some of you recommend Sakura and M3 Quad Boot...so yeah.

2) If I buy M3i Zero, can I "install"(or is there another word, I'm not too sure sorry) Sakura/ M3 Quad Boot in it?

3) And if any of the MicroSD card can be used

And yeah, so that's probably all I wanted to know...Thanks in advance. My parents are coming back tomorrow so I could use some quick answers..

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
EvangelionEX said:
Now that I know that M3i Zero does not need a DS/DSL to update

what?

anyway...

1)sakura is the offcial firmware and kinda out of date...has problems playing some games
m3 quad boot has better game compatibility but I don't know the specifics since I don't use it.

2)yes,you can download the quad boot pack,copy it onto your sd card and you're ready

3)as far as I know, there aren't any problems with sd cards,but some people have reported that it didn't install the firmware on certain sd cards,but I don't know just how much truth there is there...

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
dysan said:
EvangelionEX said:
Now that I know that M3i Zero does not need a DS/DSL to update

what?

anyway...

1)sakura is the offcial firmware and kinda out of date...has problems playing some games
m3 quad boot has better game compatibility but I don't know the specifics since I don't use it.

2)yes,you can download the quad boot pack,copy it onto your sd card and you're ready

3)as far as I know, there aren't any problems with sd cards,but some people have reported that it didn't install the firmware on certain sd cards,but I don't know just how much truth there is there...

Well, what I meant is that M3i Zero can be updated to suit Nintendo DSi 1.4.1U without having to use DS/DSL to do it.

And for the microSD card, what is SHDC? Because I'm afraid to buy the flashcart then got the wrong microSD

kraijeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you still want to buy M3izero , Avoid GMPZ-003 version.

You cannot run WoodM3 and YSMENU in this version (for now).

I like M3izero (Seem better Quality than Acekard , can update/re-update firmware without DS-lite, No concern bricked issue, can do realtime save)
but M3 Team can't bring all good point of this card.

Sakura is too bulky and require highspeed MicroSD to play game such as "The world end with you" or "Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey"
.... WoodM3 is better with the same MicroSD and load faster.

Real time save is buggy when play game larger than 128MB

You still want to buy M3izero?

kraijeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And for speed of MicroSD card issue (Freeze in game intro)

Use the slowest MicroSD card of mine, sandisk 8GB class2

On M3izero (Lastest Sakura)
"The world end with you" - fail
"Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey" - fail

On M3izero (WoodM3 1.17)
"Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey" - OK

On Acekard2i (AKAIO 1.8.1)
"The world end with you" - OK

try wiht other microSD card, Kingston 2GB -> Sakura is the same fail but woodM3 can play both game like acekard.

try again with PQI class6 -> Now sakura can play both game

Sakura is not good to handle M3izero

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
kraijeck said:
If you still want to buy M3izero , Avoid GMPZ-003 version.

I like M3izero (Seem better Quality than Acekard , can update/re-update firmware without DS-lite, No concern bricked issue, can do realtime save)

Sakura is too bulky and require highspeed MicroSD to play game such as "The world end with you" or "Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey"

so you are telling me that any game being played will BOUND to lag? because i dont get what is woodm3 ... sorry for being ignorant...but im talking about quad boot so and what are the micro sdhc. i only knew about the microsd card...Is there any difference? so is it worth it to buy m3i zero because ive been hearing a lot of negative comments about it.

Posts merged

QUOTE(kraijeck @ Dec 17 2010, 03:40 PM) If you still want to buy M3izero , Avoid GMPZ-003 version.

so you are telling me that any game being played will BOUND to lag? because i dont get what is woodm3 ... sorry for being ignorant...but im talking about quad boot so and what are the micro sdhc. i only knew about the microsd card...Is there any difference? so is it worth it to buy m3i zero because ive been hearing a lot of negative comments about it.

kraijeck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry for my previous post, I re-answer your question again.

1. woodM3 is 3rd firmware base on wood RPG source code -> It's a firmware that run on R4, R4i, R4 gold card (great competibility + easy GUI and frequently update ) only GMPZ-003 card cannot run on this firmwere

2. The M3 Quad-Boot also not work on GMPZ-003

3. I reccommend the other version (the old version) of M3izero than GMPZ-003 for better 3rd firmware and Quad-boot

4. MicroSD max capacity is 2GB -> the larger is MicroSDHC (HC = high capacity) and class is for speed (class 6 is faster than class 4)

5. In Sakura firmware (one of a firmware in Quad-boot) it required a good MicroSD card to run somegame. In cartain part such as intro or movie it may cause freeze or lag if your card is too slow (Seems MicroSDHC class6 is no problem in this)

6. It worth it to buy M3izero if you don't care about new game and recently apologize letter from M3 team. (I don't get it, lost sourcecode mean go back to Zero. lost credibility)

7. I alredy jump ship to Acekard.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EvangelionEX said:
Now that I know that M3i Zero does not need a DS/DSL to update(it would be nice if anybody can confirm with me again in this thread but...yeah), I want to know if all games can be played on this flashcart. Because apparently, I can't find a Supercard DSONEi in HK so I would probably switch an alternative. I did read those stickies but I don't understand how do those works so I have some questions here.

1) What does Sakura and M3 Quad Boot(and the similar) do actually? Because I did a Google search for those who can't played games on M3i Zero and some of you recommend Sakura and M3 Quad Boot...so yeah. Sakura and the M3 Quad-Boot are both different firmware, the Quad-Boot uses Sakura as a base and can load new games through YSM3. Sakura really can't do much with new games since the M3 Team hasn't done shit with it.
2) If I buy M3i Zero, can I "install"(or is there another word, I'm not too sure sorry) Sakura/ M3 Quad Boot in it? If it's no M3i Zero GMPZ-003, you can install them

3) And if any of the MicroSD card can be used So far I have used both Sandisk and Kingston, so I guess any MicroSD can be used, they claim they can, but I have found issues in that.

And yeah, so that's probably all I wanted to know...Thanks in advance. My parents are coming back tomorrow so I could use some quick answers..
Personally I say go with the Supercard or go with the Acekard. Please don't buy M3 Cards, they are pure out of date horse crap and the M3 Team is pretty much dead.
If you need a good site, check out
http://www.0shippingzone.com/

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
kraijeck said:
And for speed of MicroSD card issue (Freeze in game intro)

Use the slowest MicroSD card of mine, sandisk 8GB class2

On M3izero (Lastest Sakura)
"Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey" - fail

On M3izero (WoodM3 1.17)

On Acekard2i (AKAIO 1.8.1)
"The world end with you" - OK

try wiht other microSD card, Kingston 2GB -> Sakura is the same fail but woodM3 can play both game like acekard.

try again with PQI class6 -> Now sakura can play both game

Sakura is not good to handle M3izero

I can play TWEWY perfectly on my M3 Sakura.

Strange that the game doesn't work with Quad Boot. It works awesomely.

Quad Boot + M3Wood = Perfect.

PD: Do you run the games with anoter firmware? Because, I don't know if you know but Quad Boot is only a serie of firmwares.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Juanmatron said:

Yeah. But that doesn't help anybody. Did you even test it with another flashcard?

M3 firmware has serious issues with certain Micro SD cards and ROMs.

Nice if it works for you, but we don't know why it works on certain cards and why it won't on others.

Obviously they never did any research on that - for years.

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only ran into issue playing new golden sun on my zero and YSmenu via quadboot seemed to do the trick. I'm personally too lazy to jump ship just yet and have some nostalgia of the good old days when M3 totally dominated the market.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Etalon said:
Juanmatron said:

Yeah. But that doesn't help anybody. Did you even test it with another flashcard?

M3 firmware has serious issues with certain Micro SD cards and ROMs.

Nice if it works for you, but we don't know why it works on certain cards and why it won't on others.

Obviously they never did any research on that - for years.
We do know, it's because you need to have a high-class speed card to make some games work (another one is also one of the Castlevania's, but I'm not sure which one). There already was a number of threads about this issue in the past which researched which brands and speed work with TWEWY and the Castlevania game.

@EvangelionEX: Nowadays you can only buy the M3i GMP-003, on which you cannot use other alternative firmwares, and because it's not certain at the present if the M3 team will release updates regularly (they only said they will release three updates till the Chinese New Year, which isn't much), it's better if you buy DStwo or Acekard (like CatBoy recommends). DStwo has tons of various features such as RTS, GBA emulation, Slow-Motion etc., while Acekard which doesn't have them is cheaper (however it's game compatability is almost as good as DStwo's, so if you just want to play games and don't need RTS and other things, go for Acekard).

MWisBest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...but what you are talking about is a third-party firmware for Acekard, so you don't have much official support.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?