Hacking Compatible SD cards for softmod virgin Wii 4.3U

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And devolution will load from either sd or usb or both and support playing gamecube games without the actual gamecube controller.

No it won't http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4223172

Apparently it's hard.

http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4222033
http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4222006

IIRC the lego game and smash bros exploits don't support SHDC. For those you'd need a card 2gb or less. You can copy the lego game save from an SDHC, but it won't be able to load boot.dol. I've never used letter bomb, so I don't know how compatible it is.

The ONLY difference between ultra and extreme cards of the same class is the temperature range they can operate in. Really only matters if using it for photography in extreme climate.

All class 10 means is that when writing slows down, it won't go slower than 10 mb/s. It has no bearing on the read speed, so a class 10 card can legitimately have a slower read speed than a class 2 card.

Better quality cards can read faster and write faster than their slowest speed more of the time.

@smf Yes I know not right away, he only says "gamecube controllers at first" :P

@Nemix77 I thought you were talking about the wii itself. If you want to buy a used wii, I'm not sure if you will get a controller bundled at all! You will have to check with the seller. If it doesn't come with a remote, it's very simple to go to gamestop or ebay or other stores and buy a wii remote with motion plus built in.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to purchase a genuine SD card and you will be fine.

IMHO avoid Ebay like the plague. Just buy one from buy.com or amazon.com (making sure it is shipping from Amazon.com warehouse).

I wouldn't want to attempt to run the mod from a fake sandisk card, you're just begging for a brick doing that.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

IMHO avoid Ebay like the plague. Just buy one from buy.com or amazon.com (making sure it is shipping from Amazon.com warehouse).

I wouldn't want to attempt to run the mod from a fake sandisk card, you're just begging for a brick doing that.

Why do people assume everything on ebay is fake? A few bad sellers does not mean everyone is bad.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why do people assume everything on ebay is fake? A few bad sellers does not mean everyone is bad.

he never said that, he just said theres a chance of a fake. And you could potentially screw up your wii if you happen to use a fake

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ended ordering the SanDisk Ultra 8GB Class 6 off eBay, the seller looks trust worthy.

However, I ended up wanting to cancel the SanDisk Ultra 8GB Class 6 in favor of the SanDisk Extreme 4GB Class 6 after carefully reading reviews since I don't see myself using more than 2GB at most but too late the seller has already shipped.

As for the Wii with Gamecube port to be totally honest I really don't care for Gamecube games although there are a handful of games I would really like to play thus I don't mind having Gamecube ports for backwards compatibility then again thinking back the one reason I avoided the Gamecube console in the first place was becuase of the funky controller layout.

I'm really not willing to spend time to get use to and learn the controller for the few Gamecube games I would like to play.

IMO, the Gamcube controller layout is probably one of the worst controller layouts in history followed by the N64 controller which I also avoided for the very same reason.

I went from SNES to PSX to PS2 to Wii. I've owned an Xbox 360 before but that thing was way too loud and has it's own share of problems (RROD back then), it's better now but still cannot run games off HDD like the Wii.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you'll get just as good of a deal, if not better, on a genuine card from the two sites I mentioned above

why not state something more obvious like this "why not take advice from those who know that genuine retail channels go through these two sites and not ebay". This will save you a lot of grief.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

you'll get just as good of a deal, if not better, on a genuine card from the two sites I mentioned above

why not state something more obvious like this "why not take advice from those who know that genuine retail channels go through these two sites and not ebay". This will save you a lot of grief.

So everyone should absolutely avoid resellers then?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks DaMan4169 I'm going to go with the SanDisk Ultra 8GB Class 6. Even thought the Ultra 16Gb is Class 10 I don't think I'll need the extra 8GB plus it's $6 more (which is not a lot but just a waste for my needs).

@ Shano56 in my books there are 4 versions on the Wii as far as motion plus and Gamecube ports are involved:

The first and earliest models do not have Wii motion plus becuase it never came out yet.

The second models included Wii motion plus but as an attachment which you could buy seperately and makes the Wii remote longer.

The third models come with Wii motion plus built right into the Wii remote no attachment needed, the Wii remote with motion plus is the same size as the first models.

The fourth models are exactly the same as the thrid models except there is no Gamecube ports.

What I'm trying to say is I do not want the first or second models where with motion plus the Wii remote in longer, I'll end up selling that Wii remote for a newer Wii remote with motion plus built in (third/fourth models) which is a hassle and a waste of time for me.

image01.jpg
wii_motion_plus_white_16__56646.jpg
Wrong. Those aren't Wii "models". Those are Wii "bundles". If it was a model, I guess you can call the SSBB bundled Wii's "SSBB Wii's".

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

there's a couple things to note here. one, don't buy from resellers from China you are 99% guaranteed a fake. Two, some China resellers spoof as US resellers and you still get stuck with a fake.

So I guess the answer to your question is a solid yes.

pyromaniac123

Trophies
XP
Country

there's a couple things to note here. one, don't buy from resellers from China you are 99% guaranteed a fake. Two, some China resellers spoof as US resellers and you still get stuck with a fake.

So I guess the answer to your question is a solid yes.

I don't know where you are getting these ridicoulously stupid statistics from but I'm pretty sure that 99% of sd cards from china are not fake. If you purchase something that seems too good to be true then it probably is a fake and why single out china? You can't buy fakes anywhere else?

Nemix77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a used black Wii console with motion plus and Gamecube ports for $120 with NHL Slapshot.

A brand new one with New Super Mario Bros. would cost me $145 but has no Gamecube ports.

I guess is a pretty good deal right considering the used Wii has a Gamecube port and motion plus, I could have offered $100 but I didn't feel like low balling the dude.

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a used black Wii console with motion plus and Gamecube ports for $120 with NHL Slapshot.

I brand new one with New Super Mario Bros. would cost me $145 but has no Gamecube ports.

I guess is a pretty good deal right considering the used Wii has a Gamecube port and motion plus, I could have offered $100 but I didn't feel like low balling the dude.

Just as the seller is legit. I wouldn't buy one from a person who is not trusted

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know where you are getting these ridicoulously stupid statistics from but I'm pretty sure that 99% of sd cards from china are not fake. If you purchase something that seems too good to be true then it probably is a fake and why single out china? You can't buy fakes anywhere else?

Ugh such a long quote. It isn't statistics. It is more like logic. I have a genuine Kingston made in Taiwan (that is part of China) which came from Amazon direct. I also have a couple Sandisk that came from 1saleaday that do not work properly in a variety of flash cart devices whereas a genuine sandisk would. I have also seen a fake Sandisk that gave a coworker problems come from Ebay and I accidentally purchased a fake 2GB Pro Duo from Ebay quite a while ago.

The above speaks for itself. If you don't want to listen to good advice on where to purchase from, so be it. But I know what I have seen and what stores have a proven reliable track record.

Your best bet is always to walk into Fry's Electronics and pick it up off the shelf. A few days ago they had a Patriot 32GB MicroSDHC class 10 on sale for $11.99. If you want to save money, there is always a way without second guessing an ebay purchase.

I'm just trying to give some helpful advice. If you don't want to follow it, it is a free country do as you will. But if you find that you purchase a fake memory card and come on here to troubleshoot, this has been gone over for several years and the solution is to use a different one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious