Homebrew Compiling RetroArch cores for 3DS?

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little stuck on how to compile 3DS RetroArch cores, specifically at the point where I need a file called "libretro_ctr.a". Where do I find this?

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
libretro_ctr.a would be the compiled retroarch frontend.
You have to compile it yourself.

You have to use an specific DevkitPro version, retroarch doesn't compile with the latest available. It's available on the libretro git.

You first have to compile the core, then place the output in the retroarch folder then build retroarch itself.

I'm not anywhere near my pc, i can get you some more detailed instructions when i get to, if still needed.

ParzivalWolfram

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
libretro_ctr.a would be the compiled retroarch frontend.
You have to compile it yourself.

You have to use an specific DevkitPro version, retroarch doesn't compile with the latest available. It's available on the libretro git.

You first have to compile the core, then place the output in the retroarch folder then build retroarch itself.

I'm not anywhere near my pc, i can get you some more detailed instructions when i get to, if still needed.
OH.
I see.
I'll try that, then.

(also lol devkitpro not having normal packages may bite them in the ass if this kind of thing happens often. "well it's unreasonable to maintain a package for all distros" when they do that for dkp-pacman lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...