ROM Hack Completely Retextured ORAS Pokedex, Full release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinglefruit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been seeing this project hinted on on your tumblr for some time, and It's nice to see a release for it! I was wondering though, are you planning on releasing a texture rehaul for ACNL as well? I've seen posts hinting to that on the blog, as well.

Either way, nice work!

I've considered it, I was intending to do so after this project, but I didn't anticipate it would take so long to complete and check everything looks decent in game. And now I'm working full time I doubt I'd manage to get through enough designs for one. However, I'm toying with the idea of getting a group of acnl texture hackers together and making a patch where we all contribute a decent number of villagers. But I figured I'd wait and see if the upcoming update changes things drastically. And tbh, I could do with a break until then. :P

-in a similar vein, same for Sun/Moon. If they keep the texture maps largely the same I will probably reuse these and just add the gen 6 designs (and any megas/alolan forms) and attempt to get something released within a couple months. If all the textures are redone for whatever reason or require some level of editting then I'll see how things go.

Last edited by Jinglefruit,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both of mine only work without updates too. I tried creating one using the exefs from the 1.4 update.cia but the layeredFS program says the exefs is too small and won't create one for it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found out it was legal to share the LayeredFS plugins, just not the actual copyright content so you have to download the patches yourself. Here is an updated LayeredFS for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Works with ver 1.4)

Attachments

• layeredfs.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 222

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found out it was legal to share the LayeredFS plugins, just not the actual copyright content so you have to download the patches yourself. Here is an updated LayeredFS for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (Works with ver 1.4)
I'm guessing that this enables us to load the patch file(s) from another folder on the sd card (with the help of ntr cfw)?

Jinglefruit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Jinglefruit , did you modify the textures for any of the shiny forms? I finally got the mod working, and none of my shiny Pokemon have changed

No, I kept them the same, because they'e already special, and it was helpful to use their textures to select areas on my textures when the colours were too similar for the magic wand tool. :P b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶m̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶s̶.

I will probably do them at some point in a v1.1 tbh. I started on a greyscale set of my textures for them, but most greyscale images are much smaller files and they kept causing ohana3ds to crash, so I didn't pursue that.

robypal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both of mine only work without updates too. I tried creating one using the exefs from the 1.4 update.cia but the layeredFS program says the exefs is too small and won't create one for it.
Hi there, sorry to bother you but could you please share the layeredfs for use without the updates?

robypal

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't do that. A layeredfs plugin is regionspecific (bc the exefs is regionspecific). Sharing it would likely count as Warez.
Uhm but the layeredfs compatible with the update was uploaded above, all I asked for was the same thing but without update compatibility... If that one isn't warez how is what I'm asking for warez?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land