Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
milcoi said:

I installed it and I get the game cover displaying on both the right side and left side, they are cut in half, what could be wrong?
hopefully those will be added in the next updated version
smile.gif

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am also getting half of it on the left and right in the brew theme. In the plain theme the text below the buttons is cut off at the bottom, I believe this is because my tv stretches the picture slightly wider then the screen (overscans?) But it is my understanding most tv's do this and maybe this could be moved up a tad?

bnm81002 said:
milcoi said:

I installed it and I get the game cover displaying on both the right side and left side, they are cut in half, what could be wrong?
smile.gif

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know if this has allready been asked but in the next release can you add it so it searchs for example sd:usb-loader/music For your music files or Usb:usb-loader/music for music files because messing with the Config is very confusing.
Also im asking this because when adding the text to my usb hardrive by mistake i put SD:usb-loader...and i can't edit it for a few days now as the comp is off for a fix i think...

Thanks, Alex.
Also i like the way you released the thing so it automaticly moves in coverflow mode or what ever you call it but thats not what i ment with one of my other posts but never mind.
This was typed using a wireless keyboard on my nintendo-wii

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
Don't know if this has allready been asked but in the next release can you add it so it searchs for example sd:usb-loader/music For your music files or Usb:usb-loader/music for music files because messing with the Config is very confusing.
Also im asking this because when adding the text to my usb hardrive by mistake i put SD:usb-loader...and i can't edit it for a few days now as the comp is off for a fix i think...
There are a few text editors for the Wii that you could use to edit config.txt on the Wii itself. Use Homebrew Browser to find and download them.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
Not For HDD Thought?... which is where the files Are...

Ok i put it in but it didnt work do i need to add the # Infront of it? Trying it now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Alex Finlay said:
Not For HDD Thought?... which is where the files Are...

Ok i put it in but it didnt work do i need to add the # Infront of it? Trying it now.
No. The hash is not necessary. I believe you should put "music=sd:/usb-loader/music" or "music=usb:/usb-loader/music". If that doesn't work, also add "debug=1" and check what info is being printed out about the music when the loader starts up.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards
the edge of the screen, the covers automatically move. Also, the movement speed
increases as the pointer approaches the edge.

Thanks so much for this! I can't remember when I had requested it....sometime back. I am so glad to see it incorporated in the loader. It may seem trivial, but it just gives it such a relaxing feel while browsing titles. Great job!

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: The readme uses the parameter "contry_patch" in 2 places. I was using cut-and-paste, so it didn't work. The parameter spelling in the readme should be corrected so nobody else gets confused like I did. Still the greatest loader!

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
* Added WiiMote pointer scrolling in coverflow modes - as you move the pointer towards

Thanks so much for this! I can't remember when I had requested it....sometime back. I am so glad to see it incorporated in the loader. It may seem trivial, but it just gives it such a relaxing feel while browsing titles. Great job!

Ask and you shall be given.
smile.gif
It's actually being tweaked a bit for even better control.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
usptactical said:
zektor said:

Ask and you shall be given.
smile.gif
It's actually being tweaked a bit for even better control.

That's just great
smile.gif
I really have to wonder why anybody would ever want to use another loader....unless of course they never tried this one
smile.gif

You know, I recall from some loader (it might have been Wiiflow..can't remember) in which when you moved the pointer toward the edge of the screen to move covers, a semi-transparent arrow appeared signifying that you were in the "zone" of cover movement and which direction you were going. If I am not mistaken the semi-transparent arrow got stronger (as in less transparency) as you approached closer to the edge of the screen and the covers scrolled faster. Again, not exactly sure if I remember this from a loader or some other coverflow type application. Either way, it was not extremely important but did add to the flowing experience and looked pretty cool. Just an idea.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
HostileJava said:
I am also getting half of it on the left and right in the brew theme. In the plain theme the text below the buttons is cut off at the bottom, I believe this is because my tv stretches the picture slightly wider then the screen (overscans?) But it is my understanding most tv's do this and maybe this could be moved up a tad?

bnm81002 said:
milcoi said:

smile.gif

They have been updated.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nwe2mtwnyyn/BrewUSBLoader.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt5ixyy2gnm/PlainSimple.rar

on some screens you have to adjust "tweak" the theme.txt for getting the best look.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
There are a problem with Monster Hunter 3 (the FULL game, not the trial):
When you put New Game, the game freezes with a loud noise.

I tested with a Wii 4.1U with cIOS rev10.

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isn't there a way to view the theme with the theme.txt settings befor putting it on your SD / USB?
Now I'm sort off "disc-jockey" with my pc and wii...
gbasp.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
milcoi said:
isn't there a way to view the theme with the theme.txt settings befor putting it on your SD / USB?
gbasp.gif
ftpii - a homebrew application and filezilla for PC should solve your problems.
See here:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ftpii

Btw your themes still need a bit of tweaking:
1. I would remove the cover frame completely from the "Brew" theme, as it does not play nice with the 3D covers.
2. The gui font color being gray in the Plain theme is almost invisible.
3. The console position for brew theme in widescreen mode should be moved left quite a bit.

to test both widescreen and non-widescreen modes, you can use the option:
widescreen=0
or
widescreen=1
to force a widescreen mode.
you can also pass that parameter to wiiload from your PC, like this:
wiiload boot.dol widescreen=1
so that you don't have to edit the config file while testing it out.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
milcoi said:
gbasp.gif
No, there isn't. And in my opinion, it isn't needed. You see all you need on the PC (BGs)...the rest (Text/Covers) can you imagine, I think
wink.gif

P.s: To switch it easier, maybe you could think about FTPii...helped me alot.

@Topic: Could it be that the GUI-Text HEX Feature isn't working right? I entered 797777 as a Value, and instead of getting a grey I have a weird green/grey text color....

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Blue-K said:
@Topic: Could it be that the GUI-Text HEX Feature isn't working right? I entered 797777 as a Value, and instead of getting a grey I have a weird green/grey text color....
You're probably missing the ALPHA values: RRGGBBAA
So, use: 777777FF
FF for alpha means no transparency that is - a solid color.
And the RGB values should be all the same for grey colors.

MrChan

Trophies
XP
Country
It'd be interesting to say that the method I used to load usbloader is:

Preloader 0.29 -> Installed forwarder *.dol -> USBL

I mean I don't load System Menu.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
oggzee said:
Blue-K said:
You're probably missing the ALPHA values: RRGGBBAA
So, use: 777777FF
FF for alpha means no transparency that is - a solid color.
And the RGB values should be all the same for grey colors.

shy.gif
Thanks, works now like it should....sorry. So for all the people that use my Theme, you could change in the theme.txt:
gui_text_color=white
to
gui_text_color=797777FF
You'll now be able to read the GUI Text better (and before you complain: This is the official color that Micro$oft chosed
tongue.gif
).

And I wanted to thank you for this great loader. I screwed GX, this is now my default loader, because it's smoother, more stable, and not an overload of functions you don't need. Thanks again for this great loader, I love it (especially 38b
biggrin.gif
). Keep it going, and keep it stable!

milcoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oggzee said:
milcoi said:
gbasp.gif
ftpii - a homebrew application and filezilla for PC should solve your problems.
See here:
http://gwht.wikidot.com/ftpii

Btw your themes still need a bit of tweaking:
1. I would remove the cover frame completely from the "Brew" theme, as it does not play nice with the 3D covers.

Ok, I will update

2. The gui font color being gray in the Plain theme is almost invisible.

I have a problem here. What setting do I have to make then to get it "dark grey"

The text dark grey (7)
selected tekst white (15)
select row (rectangle) dark grey (7)

This setting?
#color_header = 7
color_selected_fg = ?
color_selected_bg = ?
color_inactive =7
#color_footer = 7
color_help = 7
console_color = 7
colors = dark
console_transparent = 1
hide_header = 1
hide_hddinfo = 1
hide_footer = 1

3. The console position for brew theme in widescreen mode should be moved left quite a bit.

Ok, I will update

to test both widescreen and non-widescreen modes, you can use the option:
widescreen=0
or
widescreen=1
to force a widescreen mode.
you can also pass that parameter to wiiload from your PC, like this:
wiiload boot.dol widescreen=1
so that you don't have to edit the config file while testing it out.

see in bold

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...