Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ferjero989 said:
partition = NTFS1
covers_path = usb:/covers
Yes, tried some time myself to figure this out. My config is now (only related parts):
CODEios = 222-mload
device = usb
partition = ntfs1
covers_path = ntfs:/usb-loader/covers
ntfs_write = 1

So you see:
* I have ntfs1 in lower case.
* IOS 249 didn't work for me - but should be a problem not related to NTFS as discussed here
* mount point is ntfs:/....
* I only defined covers_path, no different 3d, ... They stay all in subfolders of this one.

Hope this helps!

edit: TOOOOO SLOW!

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
yup that worked W00t..
so.. how bout themes
biggrin.gif

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having troubles with black screen games that still have audio? I have a couple that have no picture, but sound. I am running Hermes V4 and IOS 249 rev17. Almost all games work. The ones having trouble are PAL versions. I have an NTSC Wii. It is not the normal PAL black and white. I have tried forcing NTSC. One game in particular not working is Ben 10 Alien Force. Any ideas?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey all, I updated the USBLoaderCFG Forwarder R3 by Narolez!
-Now using IOS58 for USB 2.0 speed
wink2.gif

-The design is untouched
-Only 1MB
-Start "apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol" or "apps/usbloader/boot.dol" from USB or SD
-The file can be on a FAT32 or NTFS parition (untested)
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?461icx969ccw2ff
If the download link above doesn't work, try this direct one:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v2.wad (right click - save as)
CRC32 is B9CDDBFF.
I used Tantric's WiiMC forwarder source, thanks to him!

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
wink2.gif

-The design is untouched
-Only 1MB
-Start "apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol" from USB or SD
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8d880tyrp7pvx8m
That forwarder doesn't correctly pass the App. Path.
You can check this by trying an online update - it tells you at the bottom where it thinks your App. Path is.
(Mine is at: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg not sd:/apps/usbloader)

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
FIX94 said:
wink2.gif

-The design is untouched
-Only 1MB
-Start "apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol" from USB or SD
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8d880tyrp7pvx8m

What about "apps/usbloader/boot.dol"?

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luckwii said:
Anyone having troubles with black screen games that still have audio? I have a couple that have no picture, but sound. I am running Hermes V4 and IOS 249 rev17. Almost all games work. The ones having trouble are PAL versions. I have an NTSC Wii. It is not the normal PAL black and white. I have tried forcing NTSC. One game in particular not working is Ben 10 Alien Force. Any ideas?

The typical response on a modern TV that doesn't support PAL is to simply show a black screen. Black and white, in my experience has been very rare. More TVs usually display with heavy scan lines or nothing at all.

I also get a similar result when the game is trying to force progressive on one of my non-progressive TVs (get this is some homebrew which don't autodetect after having my wii on my newer HD tv)

In short: Don't get PAL versions if you have an NTSC TV. Even if they do work, there can be side effects (missing part of the screen, etc) so just get games in the correct region if they are out.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
bobthebigbat said:
That forwarder doesn't correctly pass the App. Path.
You can check this by trying an online update - it tells you at the bottom where it thinks your App. Path is.
(Mine is at: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg not sd:/apps/usbloader)
Do you mean this?
cfg.png

Works fine here, I don't know why it doesn't work correctly for you, the first forwarder can only load from apps/usbloader_cfg!
QUOTE(TyRaNtM @ Oct 11 2010, 09:13 AM) What about "apps/usbloader/boot.dol"?
Sorry, I forgot
rolleyes.gif
I've added it now
yaywii.gif

@bobthebigbat: the second forwarder now can load from apps/usbloader, I tried it by renaming my usbloader_cfg folder to usbloader and it's still correct!
nocfg.png

Dochog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dochog said:
I have a question as to where to store the files on my 1TB drive. Can you put game files in more than one directory on the drive? If so, how do you change where the loader looks for the files? Thanks

Ok, based on what I have seen I can only put files in the wbfs directory and not any others. What if I have my drive partitioned into two drives with a wbfs directory on both of them. Can you switch between drives from the loader menu?

laggflor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Dochog said:
Dochog said:
I have a question as to where to store the files on my 1TB drive. Can you put game files in more than one directory on the drive? If so, how do you change where the loader looks for the files? Thanks

Ok, based on what I have seen I can only put files in the wbfs directory and not any others. What if I have my drive partitioned into two drives with a wbfs directory on both of them. Can you switch between drives from the loader menu?
Haven't seen such an option. Why not one big NTFS Drive which works well with Windows and the Wii?

--- edit ---
seems I'm wrong according to the next post. Thanks oggzee for the info.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Dochog said:
Yes.

Yakult

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I updated to version 60 today from the loader updater and now the loader doesn't find my NTFS HDD. I've been using v57 normally.

Is there some new config I have to set in order to get it working again?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Yakult said:
I updated to version 60 today from the loader updater and now the loader doesn't find my NTFS HDD. I've been using v57 normally.

Does it not find the hdd at all or just the partition?
If it doesn't find the partition, can you go to the partition selection screen and make a screenshot and post it?
If you revert back to 57 does it work again?

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had some misery aswell when trying to move from v56 to certain v57 versions (if not all)

All it did was either nothing at all or when connecting the drive only when the countdown was running
it got recognized but then the loader froze/jammed or (in 222 mode) the drive kept resetting and that blue Wii drive "led" kept on flashing every 10 seconds.

yesterday I accidently bumped onto this IOS58 update > http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer
and now my drive works with v60 aswell
smile.gif

I had v60 running already with a 1Tb drive which enclosure acts as a real drive controller (Western D. Essentials or something) while the old one acts as a removable device.

I prefered using the old one even if it's only 80Gb (which should be enough for the few backups I can make + some WiiWare/Homebrew stuff) as it is a 2.5" drive that is like 2cm bigger than the actual drive size and doesn't need a power supply so easy to move around between computer and Wii and it fits in my back pocket
wink.gif

here's the one I use > http://www.memoryc.com/externalharddrives/...80gbusbhdd.html
(but with a normal USB cable and not that Y-shaped one to get double USB power which they ship it with now)

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
FIX94 said:

Nice but why not put it on a real site somewhere because your file has already been deleted on that filesharing site.

And does it really load faster than the WAD from Narolez that's in the FAQ on page 1 of this thread?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorex said:
FIX94 said:

Nice but why not put it on a real site somewhere because your file has already been deleted on that filesharing site.

And does it really load faster than the WAD from Narolez that's in the FAQ on page 1 of this thread?
The patch is still online, don't use the links in the quotes, use the link from my direct post, I changed it!
And yes, it's faster than narolez forwarder on usb!

Yakult

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Yakult said:

Does it not find the hdd at all or just the partition?
If it doesn't find the partition, can you go to the partition selection screen and make a screenshot and post it?
If you revert back to 57 does it work again?

Just the partition.

I have this HDD partitioned in FAT for files and NTFS for Wii game isos. The loader finds only FAT partition. Have tried with 249 and 222 dols and result was the same.

And yes, if I revert back to v57, it works again.

I am at work right now. As soon as I get home, I'll post a screenshot.

Thanks!

blizeH

Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Link for the forwarder above doesn't work now! ;_; Can anyone please recommend a super simple one to set up? Just want something to get this running from my main channel's menu, ty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, tbh i might extend it to 2 or 3 weeks