Hacking Configurable USB Loader

T

TheRealVisitor

FIX94 said:
Hey guys, here is a new forwarder update, we are now on v8!

Features:
-NTFS, FAT32, ext2,ext3 and ext4 parition support
-IOS58 for USB 2.0 speed
-Can load from USB and SD
-Can load dol and elf files
-meta.xml arguments support
-Now using WiiXplorer forwarder base

Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8.wad
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 Alternative.wad (Now using the animated icon)
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 dol.7z

@Everyone with the old loading issue:
Please report if it still works!
@Dr. Clipper and oggzee:
You can add it, thanks.

Runs fine, no issues (USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 Alternative).

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
TheRealVisitor said:
Great news! I think this is the perfect forwarder now.

A question: It's so important the high speed of IOS58 for the forwarder? I think that its mission is to load only CFG USB Loader and the difference with other IOS wouldnt be very important,doesnt it?

A second question: For installing the new forwarder channel (v8) it suffices delete the earlier version with Wii system menu and installing it with Wad Manager?

Thx for your response.

jesquinas

Trophies
XP
Country
Two issues:

(i) I think (I said before in another post) that showing a concrete cover in the general program options (button '1',and '1' again) is a bit confusing.Perhaps the CFG USB Loader logo would be more correct.

(ii) Why two program versions?One for Wanin'cIOS and another with Hermes'CIOS.Couldnt we to have a only version and choose the cIOS in runtime for the firstime?

Thx for your beautiful program.

ironia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:

Features:
-IOS58 for USB 2.0 speed
-Can load from USB and SD
-Can load dol and elf files
-meta.xml arguments support
-Now using WiiXplorer forwarder base

Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8.wad
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 Alternative.wad (Now using the animated icon)
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 v8 dol.7z

@Everyone with the old loading issue:
Please report if it still works!
@Dr. Clipper and oggzee:
You can add it, thanks.

tnx

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
jesquinas said:
A question: It's so important the high speed of IOS58 for the forwarder? I think that its mission is to load only CFG USB Loader and the difference with other IOS wouldnt be very important,doesnt it?
IOS58 is a official nintendo IOS and has USB2.0 speed, so why don't use it?

QUOTE(jesquinas @ Jan 12 2011, 06:17 PM) A second question: For installing the new forwarder channel (v8) it suffices delete the earlier version with Wii system menu and installing it with Wad Manager?

Thx for your response.
Yes, that's enough.

@All:

Please re-download the forwarder, I used some old libs, now the forwarder should be faster, thanks.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
TheRealVisitor said:
Great news! I think this is the perfect forwarder now.
I have to emphasize this sentence: just tried v8 - alternate and it is great: this forwarder is the perfect complement to this great USB Cfg Loader!

Eskeletor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all

it is possible to have a forwarder in inverse order of prioryty of look .dol file

i mean, USB/SD instead of SD/USB

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my english

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Eskeletor said:
Hi all

it is possible to have a forwarder in inverse order of prioryty of look .dol file

i mean, USB/SD instead of SD/USB

Thanks in advance

Sorry for my english
Yes, this would be possible if you are changing it in the source, why?

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
pplucky said:
pedimaisum said:
FIX94 said:
Sorry for the double post first!
@Everyone with the loading speed issue:
Please try this, it should work with NTFS.
Download:
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 WiiXplorer v2.wad
USBLoaderCFG - UCXF - IOS58 WiiXplorer v2 dol.7z

A doubt:
This new forwarder looks for sd/apps/usbloader_cfg like the pepxl black edition's forwarder?

See ya!
Yes it does, I've had Cfg USB Loader in both folders (usbloader and usbloader_cfg) and it works the same way...
Thanks, I will try this today. See you.

Edit:
Sorry, but you can write all the paths of the search of the forwarder? Thanks!

Edit2: Works great! Now I have 2 forwarders, the pepxl dark wii and your for IOS 58. Thanks!

Eskeletor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Yes, this would be possible if you are changing it in the source, why?

Thanks for your answer.

I have usually a usb hard disk with all my game backups and the app folder (with the CFG Usb loader obviusly) covers, etc.

But some times i take out my Hard Disk and move to another location (out of house) to use the hard disk for other stuffs and i would like to put a pendrive with a couple of game backups to my son. and i would like in that case the the forwarder look into the SD Card (first in the USB and second in SD Card)...

I explained?

Thanks in advance

xander150

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FIX94 said:

Features:
I'm a bit out of sync with the last developments. Does this loader also have ext2/3/4 support or is GX the only one?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
jesquinas said:
Two issues:

(i) I think (I said before in another post) that showing a concrete cover in the general program options (button '1',and '1' again) is a bit confusing.Perhaps the CFG USB Loader logo would be more correct.

(ii) Why two program versions?One for Wanin'cIOS and another with Hermes'CIOS.Couldnt we to have a only version and choose the cIOS in runtime for the firstime?

Thx for your beautiful program.
oggzee will need to make the decision in the first issue. As for the second, we are going to be moving to a single version soon. We just need to add a method to write arguments to meta.xml and we are determining the most user friendly way to do that.

QUOTE(xander150 @ Jan 13 2011, 07:56 AM) I'm a bit out of sync with the last developments. Does this loader also have ext2/3/4 support or is GX the only one?
Yes, we have had ext2/3/4 support for a while now. It's read-only, though.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

One really helpful functionality I think it would be great, would be the possibility of shutting down the Wii from a configurable button (as it is possible from the HBC "Home" menu) --> like for other existing in tab 'Theme Options 3' in the Configurator (for example, reboot)...

What do you think of this possibility? Dr. Clipper and oggzee are the masters, so...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pplucky said:
Hey.

One really helpful functionality I think it would be great, would be the possibility of shutting down the Wii from a configurable button (as it is possible from the HBC "Home" menu) --> like for other existing in tab 'Theme Options 3' in the Configurator (for example, reboot)...

What do you think of this possibility? Dr. Clipper and oggzee are the masters, so...
Well, you should be able to hold the power button down on the remote to shutdown, so I'm not sure there's any need to make it configurable to other buttons.

capple123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a few instance in the past week of when I launch CFG USB Loader 62-222 none of my Wii Mote will activate. Only option is to shut down Wii, Restart loader and all is well. What should I look for?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
pplucky said:
Hey.

Well, you should be able to hold the power button down on the remote to shutdown, so I'm not sure there's any need to make it configurable to other buttons.
What you do by holding the power button on Wiimote is Standby... not Shutdown. For Shutdown, you either go to HBC (as I mentioned above) or press the console power button long enough until light turns red (otherwise, if yellow, also Standby). Or am I missing something?

UPDATE: I rest my case, as I didn't know that the Wiimote Power button worked like that, I thought that it could only do Standby. Thanks again for the shared expertise...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye