Confirm a mistake I found in reentry guide?

Jay L

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
With so many eyes on this I feel like I must be making the mistake and not the guide so if I'm wrong please show me how.

This all started when I was doing a fresh install on a unpatched switch and couldn't boot into emunand after following the rentry guide for "Setup Atmosphere with emunand on Erista (unpatched)" as it didn't leave me an option to boot into emunand like I was used to.
To get to the point: the hekate_ipl.ini it tells you to make is all wrong from what I can tell (it tells you to make the same exact file as in the setup atmosphere with sysnand guide btw).

Shouldn't the line "emummcforce=1" at least be in there somewhere?

I'm not sure exactly how the file should be setup but as far as I can tell the emunand guide is booting you into the sysnand.

Again if I'm wrong please explain how.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Rentry guide defaults to chaining fusee and fusee boots emuNAND by default if emuNAND exists. The line doesn't matter for it.
Dunno what's your issue, maybe emuNAND off in its own setup file?

JaiJey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
With so many eyes on this I feel like I must be making the mistake and not the guide so if I'm wrong please show me how.

This all started when I was doing a fresh install on a unpatched switch and couldn't boot into emunand after following the rentry guide for "Setup Atmosphere with emunand on Erista (unpatched)" as it didn't leave me an option to boot into emunand like I was used to.
To get to the point: the hekate_ipl.ini it tells you to make is all wrong from what I can tell (it tells you to make the same exact file as in the setup atmosphere with sysnand guide btw).

Shouldn't the line "emummcforce=1" at least be in there somewhere?

I'm not sure exactly how the file should be setup but as far as I can tell the emunand guide is booting you into the sysnand.

Again if I'm wrong please explain how.
Did just adding that line to your ini fix it? Because that line shouldn't matter in a normal boot with everything setup correctly.
I use that line but that's because somehow my emummc got disabled in hekate and it launched into atmosphere on my sysnand instead, so i just got it there to prevent that from happening again if something would go wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's like Mario 64 if Mario was retarded and brain damaged and hit by a garbage truck!