Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I can't be the only person experiencing this, because it happens to me across multiple browsers on multiple platforms (Chrome on Windows and Chrome on Android, primarily, so it can't be a bad plugin)

But I get logged out _SO OFTEN_. On the desktop, this isn't a huge deal, because the front page loads in about a second, I get the "Logging in" dialogue, and it refreshes. It's annoying, but it's not a dealbreaker. On mobile, though, it takes a lot longer to load (we're looking at maybe 10 seconds, depending on whether I'm on Wifi or 4G), the "Logging in..." dialogue lasts for another 3, and then another 10 seconds of loading. All the while, I have to wait for the page to load initially so I can see if I get the "You need to be logged in to do that" error box or the "You do not have permission to view the shoutbox" error, then reload the page and start the whole process.

I hate bitching, I really do, and I know that's what I'm doing now. I've coped, adapted, and gotten used to everything with the merge to Xenforo, even to the point of liking most of the changes and very well tolerating those that I'm not crazy about. But this just drives me off the wall, every single time...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's related.
I'm also being disconnected, but it's not that often.
Maybe occurring once every 2-3 weeks. (even though the cookie has the limit updated to one month every time I browse the forum)

Edit:
It doesn't happen anymore.
It was only the first 2 months after the transfer to the new forum.
For me, it's fixed.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose it might be useful to mention how frequent "SO OFTEN" is.

On my desktop, any time GBAtemp is closed for an extended period of time (a few hours).

On my phone, any time my browser app isn't focused for a while (and closes, as a result) or the GBAtemp tab is closed for a while.

It happens much more frequently on my phone than my desktop (phone, every time I go to browse the site I have to log back in)

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This used to happen to be as well but then it suddenly stopped and hasn't happened since. I didn't change and thing in that time so I really have no idea what fixed it, maybe a chrome update?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I've heard of this.

Using the same type of plugins or perhaps proxy software on the various machines?

Negative. Chrome Android doesn't support plugins (would be nice if it did), I don't run anything through proxies on either that nor my desdktop.

Cleared my cache and cookies, -maybe- that'll help/fix it.

For what it's worth, I log in using Facebook login, as it's just simpler, which might have something to do with it. If cache and cookies don't fix it, I'll recover my password (which I can't for the life of me remember why it's not anything I use) here and see if THAT works.

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This happened to me when we first made the switch over the Xenforo.
Someone then pointed out to me that there is a "Stay Logged In" button...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the stay logged in box doesnt work
I have the same problem on ff on my desktop but on my laptop with the same ff ver it stays logged in

Reactions: Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clearing the cache and cookies actually made it worse, believe it or not. Before, it would automatically log me in each time I went to load the page. Now it doesn't, regardless of whether I have the automatic log in box checked or not. However I will admit that that part may be on my end, I re-enabled ScriptSafe within the past few days and keep forgetting to disable it to see if that's causing it to not automatically log me in after being logged out.

On top of that, password resets seem to not be working, or going ungodly slow at that. I submitted for a password reset email about a half hour ago and have yet to receive it (inbox or spam), so I can see if logging in without Facebook Connect fixes it (and I can't change my password while logged in as you need to also provide your current password when changing it, which I don't remember)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I get that every time my laptop goes into hibernation mode. Everything else stays logged in, but the Temp. Dunno if it's more or less the same issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place