Hacking Convert multiple PNGs to TPL via command line?

GateGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know of several command line programs that can convert a single PNG to TPL, but is there one that can store multiple PNGs in one TPL? I'm looking for a command line app specifically.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Are you just trying to avoid running multiple single commands? Or even with using single commands repeatedly are you unable to achieve what you're after? If the former, we can write some batch code to automate converting multiple singles. If the latter, then sorry, I'm not sure of a tool that does this

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Are you just trying to avoid running multiple single commands? Or even with using single commands repeatedly are you unable to achieve what you're after? If the former, we can write some batch code to automate converting multiple singles. If the latter, then sorry, I'm not sure of a tool that does this
not converting 1 image multiple times (you're right, could just automate), but converting multiple images into one single file

.tpl files can contain multiple images, I use the tool I linked above when ripping some mr driller graphics.
character sprites would all be together in one file for the character, and I could extract all the sprites out. but I never looked into putting them back together in the game's format, which would be cool.

GateGuy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I sort of figured it out. In Wiimms Image Tool, you can encode a PNG with the following command as usual:
Code:
wimgt ENCODE myimage.png -d myoutput.tpl -x TPL
But if you have multiple images named myimage.png, myimage.mm1.png, myimage.mm2.png, myimage.mm3.png, etc, the above command will pack all images with that naming convention together into one TPL.
Unfortunately, this takes up significantly more space than it should, as images are encoded in RGB5A3 format instead of CMPR. I can add "-x CMPR" to the command, but only the first texture is converted to CMPR while the rest stay the same.

Reactions: cearp

yosh_y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello @Wiimm ! (Sorry to bother you, but) Is there any way to change the format of the second texture with wimgt on a TPL ? it's always set to RGB5A3 even if the user changes the colour encoding (by setting like above, "-x TPL.CMPR" it'll only affect the first texture)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1