Converting games to GDI for GDEMU

cPix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I've tried rebuilders from bin/cue to .gdi format, those fails and make gdemu software to crash, the ONLY format it seems to be able to convert to dreamcast gdemu is .CDI havne't managed to convert a single bin/cue. Anyone have any good suggestion where i can find software that handles, even games that are packed with .gdi and several data files, the software i can f.x convert to one .gdi and one data file, those wont work with gdemu... and why didn't the developer make bin/cue support in first place :)

Reactions: INXSIVE

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I've tried rebuilders from bin/cue to .gdi format, those fails and make gdemu software to crash, the ONLY format it seems to be able to convert to dreamcast gdemu is .CDI havne't managed to convert a single bin/cue. Anyone have any good suggestion where i can find software that handles, even games that are packed with .gdi and several data files, the software i can f.x convert to one .gdi and one data file, those wont work with gdemu... and why didn't the developer make bin/cue support in first place :)

Hello.:)

Are this .bin/.cue Files Homebrew ones ?

I have searched around the Internet and find Games only in .cdi/.gdi Format,ready to go for the SD Card Maker Tool for the GDemu.:(

You can try to make an CloneCD (.ccd) or Alcohol (.mds) Image of your Files too,is it also supported from that Tool.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.:)

Are this .bin/.cue Files Homebrew ones ?

I have searched around the Internet and find Games only in .cdi/.gdi Format,ready to go for the SD Card Maker Tool for the GDemu.:(

You can try to make an CloneCD (.ccd) or Alcohol (.mds) Image of your Files too,is it also supported from that Tool.

Thank you.:)
I believe the Redump team has now switched to bin/cue instead of gdi. Its fine for preservation and emulation, but not great for gdemu users.

EDIT: I looked into it a bit more, it seems that Redump only replaced the gdi files with cue files and the bin files are still exactly the same. Anyway, the advice for gdemu users has always been to stick with Tosec or Trurip dumps as they can be used without modification.

Last edited by subcon959,
Reactions: Alexander1970

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, GDIDROP converts those Redump bin/cue sets nicely.

And once GDIDROP has done it's thing I like to run REBUILDGDI to remove any excess padding.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A