Hardware Convince me! Should i buy Lite or Regular SWITCH?

BEST SWITCH FOR YOU?

• Original Switch

• Switch LITE

Results are only viewable after voting.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
BATTLE! if someone say "you should buy regular because of this or that", prove them that they are wrong! and vice versa!

Let the best switch win! :D

I wanna see your passion and thoughts and reasons why one is better than other in your eyes! CONVINCE ME!

:gun: :switch: :whip:

CHOOSE YOUR PLAYER!
CHOOSE YOUR DESTENY!
LET THE BATTLE BEGIN!

START!

iu

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to be able to easily hack your Switch, you should not get a Switch Lite.

There is some info that we will be able to hack it after new year on a start of the 2020

Over all i have both and can tell that Lite is a very good extension to the family.
I was very skeptical about it when Nintendo released it but cut myself on the situation that i preferred to play lite in handheld with Satisfy grip all the time.
Because smaller screen size it has way more sharper image and very light weight compare to regular, it doesn't have rumble but my experience says it's not a big deal at all.

If you big fan of that console and really like titles they have i would buy both.

Tho lite has one big issue: situation with joysticks replacement especially for right one is triggers me a lot even with skill there is huge chance to mess up connectors.

Last edited by Agilato,
Reactions: Josshy0125

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Op you look weak minded making a thread like this and bothering people to convince you of something. I would never make a thread like this. Just do the research and make up your own mind its not that difficult.

Reactions: DANTENDO

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Op you look weak minded making a thread like this and bothering people to convince you of something. I would never make a thread like this. Just do the research and make up your own mind its not that difficult.
If it botheres you that much to comment and talk/have fun, please don't reply. It's not that difficult.

"I would never make a thread like this."
>good for you~

Last edited by MetoMeto,
D

Deleted User

Switch lite is pointless as its literally in portable mode only and can never be docked. Yeah you save $100 more but playing on the big screen is alot better

Reactions: MetoMeto

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Showing weak mindedness again by making a stupid thread then not being able to handle a reply that tells the truth.

Agilato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch lite is pointless as its literally in portable mode only and can never be docked. Yeah you save $100 more but playing on the big screen is alot better

That what i thought before i got one for repair and decide to get it for my self.
If there is an option to get one for ~120$ it's worth it.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Even if docked play doesn't matter to you, I'd still go for the original simply for the better battery life and greater adaptability. Though, if you're really strapped for cash the £100 price deficit certainly can be convincing in itself.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Even if docked play doesn't matter to you, I'd still go for the original simply for the better battery life and greater adaptability. Though, if you're really strapped for cash the £100 price deficit certainly can be convincing in itself.
i heard lite has better battery in terms its more energy efficient

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
There is no "correct" answer to which is better, but I'll explain the reasons why I ordered a mariko unit (the "new" Switch model) and elaborate on why one would choose one over the other.

Reasons why I went with a regular mariko unit:
  1. Screen size. After changing phones from a Moto G4 to a Blackberry KEYone (smaller, 3:2 screen) for a couple years, I decided to use the G4 for watching anime and was impressed with how big the screen seemed to me. I want to see detail when I'm playing games, so I'm counting on the regular Switch's screen size over that of the Lite unit.
  2. The ability to, well, Switch. Since I hear most games render in resolutions lower than 1080p, I'm probably not going to use the Switch docked a whole lot, but for the titles that do (e.g. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe) I'd actually like to try running them while docked. That will also give me a bigger excuse to charge my Switch since I wouldn't immediately remove it from the dock after playing some Mario Kart.
  3. Cooler temperatues. This is specific to the mariko units and their revision of the Tegra X1 chip. The cooler temperatures should make it ever so slightly more durable, and should an exploit be found on the new units that would allow us to access higher CPU and GPU clocks, that should come in handy. Though the Lite sports the same chip (AFAIK), the smaller form factor might affect cooling ever so slightly.
  4. Longer battery life. Also specific to the mariko unit and its revision of the Tegra X1 chip. It is advertised to be longer even than that of the Switch Lite, retaining the 4,310 mAh battery while the Lite features a 3,570 mAh one.
  5. Joy-con drift allows me to send just the defective joy-con rather than the entire unit. It seems the drifting problem hasn't been fixed in the new units or the Switch Lite, but since the joy-cons are separate from the main unit of the regular model, you can still play it if you have other joy-cons or controllers while Nintendo fixes the defective one(s).
That said, the Switch Lite is very light, and as such more suited to handheld use for longer periods of time, in spite of its shorter battery life. I'd get both models if I could, but I barely have any money for one Switch with games, let alone two Switch'es. For some the ability to play the Switch in docked mode is the real point of the console, and assume the position that the Lite shouldn't even exist. Meanwhile there are more accessories made with the regular model in mind since it's been out since 2017, whereas Lite accessories started coming out around the time it was announced/released, a few months ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch