Cooking Mama: Cookstar publisher fires back, says it was fully within their rights to release game

GDU3v0p.png

The bizarre chain of events revolving around Cooking Mama: Cookstar continues to play out. The latest update to the story sees Planet Entertainment, the game's publisher, respond to the press release made earlier this week by Cooking Mama IP holder Office Create. According to Office Create, Planet Entertainment no longer has the right to sell copies of Cookstar, but it looks like the latter disagrees. According to Planet, they were "fully within its rights to publish Cooking Mama Cookstar", continuing to claim that there is no active litigation or court ruling that prevents the company from publishing and by extension, selling copies of the game. They also state that the game has had "overwhelming positive response", and wish Office Create well. Whether or not we'll see more happen in the ongoing Cooking Mama drama, remains to be seen.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about the crypto miner packed into it that violates the TOS with Nintendo? Were they within their rights to release it in that state too? Good god.
You mean the cryptominer people were speculating was in it because the game got taken off the eShop? The one there's no evidence of?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kinda sad that the peak of gaming drama this year will probably be two publishers bickering about rights to Cooking Mama.
Yeah because EA, Bethesda and Konami have already f*cked up so much that they ran out of f*ck-ups and have to recharge them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's that you say? I was busy playing a REAL video game.
...please never post again.
we don’t need this bullshit on gbatemp.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tl;dr these guys want to release the game, someone won't let them but they reckon they have the rights to release it anyway
Funny thing is that in Office Creates response they licensed Planet to make the game. They had a dispute because they didn't think the game was high quality enough (I think they're SOL on that unless they had a clause in the contract where they had to approve the quality), and then Planet announced a PS4 version of the game, which Office Create didn't authorize. So they terminated the contract.

I guess we'll find out who's right if it goes to trial.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finally got my copy of the game. Had to pay the same price as a new 1st party game, but on the off chance this becomes a valuable collector's item, it was worth it. Been waiting almost a month for it to arrive.

The update data for the game is still online, as I'm updating while typing this.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy