Hacking Could someone extract the files from this .sav?

GoldenHamburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a predicament.

See, my old 3ds was washed a while ago, and about a month ago I got a N3ds. As soon as Save_Manager came out I tried to use it to extract the files from the .sav of my old MH4U .sav, but to no evail, as it was from a different 3ds.

Is there a way to extract it? Or for someone else to do so? I heard someone saying that you needed Kernel access to do it, but I'm on ver 9.9.

Here's the link if there's a way.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IzOJV_OEQWRnkwU2tacnFaSW8/view?usp=sharing

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a predicament.

See, my old 3ds was washed a while ago, and about a month ago I got a N3ds. As soon as Save_Manager came out I tried to use it to extract the files from the .sav of my old MH4U .sav, but to no evail, as it was from a different 3ds.

Is there a way to extract it? Or for someone else to do so? I heard someone saying that you needed Kernel access to do it, but I'm on ver 9.9.

Here's the link if there's a way.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IzOJV_OEQWRnkwU2tacnFaSW8/view?usp=sharing

If both Systems are on 9.2 or lower & you have access to cfw / Emunand, you can just use SaveDataFiler.cia (You'll need to google) to backup your save (Can find your games code here) & inject it to the other console.
If both are above 9.2, you could download the e-shop youtube app & use Tubehax or Cubic Ninja to access the Homebrew Menu & use Save Data Manager to extract the save & inject it into the other console.

You can use the second method to mix & match if one console is exploitable and the other isn't as well.

GoldenHamburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both Systems are on 9.2 or lower & you have access to cfw / Emunand, you can just use SaveDataFiler.cia (You'll need to google) to backup your save (Can find your games code here) & inject it to the other console.
If both are above 9.2, you could download the e-shop youtube app & use Tubehax or Cubic Ninja to access the Homebrew Menu & use Save Data Manager to extract the save & inject it into the other console.

You can use the second method to mix & match if one console is exploitable and the other isn't as well.
Thing is, the .sav is from my old 3ds, which is broken, and I can't extract it with SaveDataManager with my N3ds because of that.

usernametaken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, the .sav is from my old 3ds, which is broken, and I can't extract it with SaveDataManager with my N3ds because of that.

Ah, my mistake. I must have overlooked
See, my old 3ds was washed a while ago

You may be screwed then.
I'm not sure if there's a program that lets you 'manually' decrypt the .sav to be imported to another system.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I tried to use it with my Gateway cart (it's 512KB, so it *looks* like it's GW-compatible?), but MH4 said it was unusable and formatted it. If you have your retail cart still, you could seek out someone who can run SaveDataFiler on CFW (or temporarily purchase an N3DS/O3DS capable of running CFW; if you go this route, get an O3DS, since it shouldn't need any downgrades or modifications to the system, so you can return it much easier) to try and get your raw saves that way, or mail it to someone who can run CFW (do this at your own risk, of course).

Last edited by daxtsu,

GoldenHamburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to use it with my Gateway cart (it's 512KB, so it *looks* like it's GW-compatible?), but MH4 said it was unusable and formatted it. If you have your retail cart still, you could seek out someone who can run SaveDataFiler on CFW (or temporarily purchase an N3DS/O3DS capable of running CFW; if you go this route, get an O3DS, since it shouldn't need any downgrades or modifications to the system, so you can return it much easier) to try and get your raw saves that way, or mail it to someone who can run CFW (do this at your own risk, of course).
I've got the digital version

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if it means that much to you, depending on how badly the old 3DS is broken you could try swapping motherboards decrypting your save then swapping back .....or just keep your old motherboard in the replacement 3DS

also if you ever decrypted your old 3DS's nand you could probably do some magic with the extracted nand files to recover the old movable.sed file to the replacement 3DS which would allow you to read the old save i think

Last edited by gamesquest1,

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it means that much to you, depending on how badly the old 3DS is broken you could try swapping motherboards decrypting your save then swapping back .....or just keep your old motherboard in the replacement 3DS

also if you ever decrypted your old 3DS's nand you could probably do some magic with the extracted nand files to recover the old movable.sed file to the replacement 3DS which would allow you to read the old save i think
Multiple reasons that will not work is that he said it was washed so the water damage means the motherboard is probably done for.
Also he went from old to new 3ds so even if the board was good it would not work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Multiple reasons that will not work is that he said it was washed so the water damage means the motherboard is probably done for.
Also he went from old to new 3ds so even if the board was good it would not work.
never underestimate the survivability of a motherboard XD but yeah the n3ds would rule out him just trying anyway....tbh i missed the water damaged part :P

but still he may be able to do something if he ever decrypted his nand

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow