Couple of questions regarding nxdumptool

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I tried dumping one of my cards with this yesterday, worked great, even dumped it with the update content all in 1 file. That being said, can I just dump the update alone without the game? (found out how, terminology was just a bit wonky IMO).

Also, what's a gamecard certificate for? Is it useful? Is this unique per gamecard even if it's the same title?

Cheers

Last edited by Waifu4Life,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried dumping one of my cards with this yesterday, worked great, even dumped it with the update content all in 1 file. That being said, can I just dump the update alone without the game? Also, what's a gamecard certificate for? Is it useful? Is this unique per gamecard even if it's the same title?

Cheers
We have an NXDumpTool thread for pete's sake...

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you install the xci to your system, you'll then be able to dump the update separately because base and update will install as separate titles. Otherwise I don't think you can dump carts as anything other than a full xci with nx dump tool.

If you intend on using the physical carts for playing though, you don't really need the update nsp separately. If you wanted to install them to play without needing the carts then like I said installing the xci will install the update alongside the base game.

Waifu4Life

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you install the xci to your system, you'll then be able to dump the update separately because base and update will install as separate titles. Otherwise I don't think you can dump carts as anything other than a full xci with nx dump tool.

If you intend on using the physical carts for playing though, you don't really need the update nsp separately. If you wanted to install them to play without needing the carts then like I said installing the xci will install the update alongside the base game.
Thank you for your reply. I did indeed found out how, the terminology they used was just very strange, I was afraid that choosing this would dump my entire EmuMMC. I'm actually just backing up everything in case Nintendo one day decides to shut down the Switch eshop or if I get a new Switch and can't redownload. Can't be to careful when if comes to Nintendo and digital stuff, unfortunately.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM