Hacking Cover Flow USB ISO Loader by Beardface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rebooted my Wii, Ghost cover is gone. Downloaded covers, lots of blanks after download completed. Reboot Loader fixed problem. Tried to copy a new game to my Wii... Code dump, tried different game, code dump, reloaded v1.1 Waniko loader - No problems copying to hdd.

Excellent work guys! My hats off to you all!

afour98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of things... but first, I'm glad your all liking the loader. Keep the good ideas coming, but please make sure to capture them on the Google issues list.

The White theme is offline for now, working on a couple of fix ideas. You can still choose the selection in the menu, and it changes the font color and button colors, but we're having background drawing issues in the 3D space.

A couple of people have mentioned the font situation, and I agree, it needs work. If anyone has experience with implementing FreeType or other TTF lib with GRRLib let us know and you can join the fun!

now I must sleep...

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very nice and very stable now (version 4.2), I do have the ghost image at the end of the list (rebooting doesn't help)

It would be very nice if this loader could have:
- option to reboot the Wii, instead of returning to the HBC
- widescreen support, especially the cover used in the launch screen looks very square
- 3d game cases instead of flat covers (but probably too much work)

It also takes more 'effort' to scroll to the left than to the right: you have to move (and click) the cursor further to the left than to the right to reach the next cover.

I would add (some of) this to the Google issues list but it really doesn't seem like an ideal solution for sharing ideas / reporting multiple problems.

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bryandir said:
Nullkill said:
bryandir said:
fogbank said:
bryandir said:
anyone any ideas whats happening here?

i have the covers in the correct folder,correct size etc...but all i get is this when i put a cover in the folder for the coverflow.

thanks in advance!

Make sure you have cIOS rev10 installed, not rev9.

i have rev10 installed mate,does anyone else get this problem?does anyone lese get this problem with rev 10 installed?whats the difference with those who have it working and those who dont?is there somthing we are all missing?

cheers guys!

Are you guys using the included cover download option? Or are you manually downloading and setting up the covers?

im downloading them from a website and manually putting them into the sd card,the covers work in the 1.7 ultimate loader,i can see them all,but not the coverflow loader,so i dont think the pictures are a problem..anything else it could be?

I dont know anything about the iamges you downloaded; so my guess is its them. What size are they, what format etc... safest way to ensure proper covers is use the download feature in the settings.

coedshowers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i wish was available.

1. config file or some way to make it "kid proof" so the delete button goes away..
2. different font
3. wide screen support

i think the child proofing is what alot of people would like who have small kids who click on all kids of shit with the controller.

cedwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Nullkill

do you think it s possible to show screen shots of the game after pressing a on the window where you see

load
id game
size?
thank s

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
katrem said:
I would add (some of) this to the Google issues list but it really doesn't seem like an ideal solution for sharing ideas / reporting multiple problems.

That is the only solution. We only fix and add things listed there
smile.gif

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cedwii said:
@Nullkill

do you think it s possible to show screen shots of the game after pressing a on the window where you see

load
id game
size?
thank s

Definitely possible; not sure if its required though

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coedshowers said:
what i wish was available.

1. config file or some way to make it "kid proof" so the delete button goes away..
2. different font
3. wide screen support

i think the child proofing is what alot of people would like who have small kids who click on all kids of shit with the controller.

in r166 on svn I added a parental lock to the setting code.

No GUI yet, but if you run the loader and exit; it will generate the setting file. You can then open wiicoverflow.xml on your SD card on your PC and change lock="0" to lock="1" in the tag.

This will hide and disable the delete functionality

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nullkill said:
katrem said:

That is the only solution. We only fix and add things listed there
smile.gif
I got that, the only problem is that it's not the most user-friendly way of reporting issues and / or requests (the output is user-friendly, but the input-method is not).

Google issues: requires a new 'issue report' for every problem / request (in my case five) and you also have to check if these are not listed (and maybe even fixed) already but at least you guys look at it.

Forum: you can list everything at once but it's easily overlooked.

I really like the loader though, so I'll start flooding the Google issues list ;-)

Edit: how do I change the type of issue (enhancement instead of defect for instance) ?

bryandir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont know anything about the iamges you downloaded; so my guess is its them. What size are they, what format etc... safest way to ensure proper covers is use the download feature in the settings.
[/quote]

they are the correct size and are the correct graphic.

here sthe thing...

i have always been really nervous about setting my wii up for internet access,im scared incase it downloads some type of update and ruins all my loaders.....

is it safe?should i connect to the net and let it download the covers for me on the coverflow?

Nullkill

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bryandir said:
is it safe?should i connect to the net and let it download the covers for me on the coverflow?

I'm not here to troubleshoot your paranoia. Yes its safe.

lexlth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bryandir said:
i have always been really nervous about setting my wii up for internet access,im scared incase it downloads some type of update and ruins all my loaders.....

It is safe if you do not enable connect24 stanby operation. Let if off. Set to on only connect24.

stonetempler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice Loader, but isit possible to make the "Config" + "Install new Game" Button a little greater and not so little?
More like the HBC left and right Button . It´s horrible to get it yet
wink.gif

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Great Loader! Probably the best fitting to my needs that is out there right now!

I'm home for Supper and gotta head back to work and haven't read through the whole thread so I'm not sure if these issues have been stated already, but a few things that I came across if you're looking for debugging issues.

1. I'm Getting a code dump when I try to install a new game.
2. After Downloading any new cover art I have to exit and restart or only about half of my overs display the rest show "no cover art"

and 2 suggestions (which I'm sure you've probably heard a million times , so feel free to ignore it ) which would be:
Saved settings for Video Setting which are carried over through repeat loading of the program (this is already done with the graphical settings)
An Option to exit to the system menu instead of HBC when running through a forwarder.

Anyways Great Work, and again ignore the suggestions I'm not trying to tell you how to program your own software. Thanks for the awesome Loader

hashssj

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great looking loader and will be my preferred loader but have been having an ongoing problem with unable to launch games. When selecting a game it loads to a black screen with blinking cursor. But other loaders launch games fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently running coverflow v5.0 on 3.2E firmware with customios rev 10.

hashssj

Trophies
XP
Country
This is a great looking loader and will be my preferred loader but have been having an ongoing problem with unable to launch games. When selecting a game it loads to a black screen with blinking cursor. But other loaders launch games fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am currently running coverflow v5.0 on 3.2E firmware with customios rev 10.

Posts merged

katrem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I'm still not fond of the Google issues list but it's nice to see that you actually pick up on suggestions / problems reported there.
You already fixed / improved three things I listed here (and reported) and a fourth one has just been accepted. Great work guys!

Widescreen support is great and I love the way the loader looks and feels right now. Thanks for all the time and energy you are putting into this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never use it