Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time official reveal trailer

Crash 4 is officially real. Following the previous ratings board leak, Activision has formally announced Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time, which is headed to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One later this year. The game is being developed as "a true sequel" to the original trilogy, even cheekily bringing attention to the fact that it's ignoring the other games that came between Crash 3 and this new title. There are also two new masks that are being introduced in Crash 4--Eka-Eka and Kipuna-Wa, who can control gravity and time, respectively, in certain levels. Developer Toys for Bob is also including two game modes, modern, and retro, where players can either try to collect all the Wumpa fruit that they can within each level and earn extra lives, or they can restart from checkpoints without penalty, and instead focus on trying to get the fruit to unlock rewards. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time is due out on October 2nd.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm very excited for this. I wonder how much it'll be. They could go with the $40ish price tag that it used for the others, but this is a brand new experience so they could probably justify charging more.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I assume this is because the N. Sane trilogy was really well received. Am curious to see how it turns out, going back to a classic series like this.

Also gives me slight hopes that a new Spyro title is also in the works in a similar vein, a modern sequel to the original trilogy is something I'd love to see...so long as it's done well, and not like any of the other games in the series.

Reactions: Xzi

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Mask thing: "How many times have you beaten this clown anyway??"
Coco: "Three"
Mask: "Really?? Only three?? Funny, seems like more"

Mask is throwing shade at CB Wrath of Cortex.

WOOHOO!! This will be great, I like it already.

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm very excited for this. I wonder how much it'll be. They could go with the $40ish price tag that it used for the others, but this is a brand new experience so they could probably justify charging more.
Activision's publishing Crash 4 so you already know they wanna hit that €60 mark fast af.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
*ahem*

Our favorite bandicoot finally strikes back! Being warped from continuation, he now brings his wrath, caused by a great amount of twinsanity. Another huge adventure, which won't leave him tranced. without a shred of purple, and no titans nor mutants to accompany him. He's still n.sane enough to do this by his own spins.
It's about time, Crash Bandicoot!

Reactions: moto4mods

Dankstorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks amazing, finally something to look forward to this year.

Gameplay footage:

From what I've seen, the first levels looks kinda bland to me. There were only a few levels that would make me want to buy that new Crash game. While i love the original games and really loved the trilogy, I felt it was time for crash to evolve and in a more Twinsanity way. That game felt more what would modern Crash looks like to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3