Hacking Creating A Third Partition to Restore NAND Backup from Old Switch. A Good Idea?

NotMyTempo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's my concept: What if I have two emuNANDs so that I can have one that's the "real one" I'll be using the most (that's a clone of the 10.0.1 sysNand) and another more temporary one to get my saves from the old Switch that couldn't transfer over from the cloud. (Specifically Animal Crossing and Pokemon Shield on 10.0.0). And then I just delete the third partition.

My understanding is that I can either just use JKSV and call it a day, or go the whole route of using HacDiskMount after basically guessing what file to copy over. I'd probably just go with JKSV

Is this the best way to go about it? Am I making things too complicated for myself?

(If it matters, Animal Crossing is a eShop download and Pokemon Shield is a save for a cartridge version.)

Thanks for the advice!

NotMyTempo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe you can restore saves to a clean NAND using any software without running a huge risk of being banned.

I've heard a lot of people say that, but it seems like a lot of people do just fine with JVSC and other methods and they're fine.

My question is, how hard/stupid is it to restore a backup from a completely different Switch to an emuNAND partition?

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've heard a lot of people say that, but it seems like a lot of people do just fine with JVSC and other methods and they're fine.

My question is, how hard/stupid is it to restore a backup from a completely different Switch to an emuNAND partition?

Useless, the emmc is encrypted with the console unique key, that emmc will not work in any one switch.

NotMyTempo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never tried it, but I believe that if you have BOOT0, BOOT1 and rawnand.bin it should work.
Thank you! I actually do have those, so I should be able to do it then! This is exciting!

Useless, the emmc is encrypted with the console unique key, that emmc will not work in any one switch.

But I have the boot0 & boot1 (and pretty much everything else I could save lol). Accordiing to Kassio69 above, I should be okay. Right?

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

NotMyTempo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NotMyTempo No, to access to that rawnand files you need the biskeys and only can be obtained directly from the console using biskeydump https://gbatemp.net/threads/biskeyd...c-decryption-real-time-mounting-tools.502434/ if the problem are the saves and you have the keys you can mount it with hacdiskmount and get the saves but the rawnand can't be used in another console.

Even if I already have the biskey dump? I backed up everything thoroughly. I can't restore the rawnand to a third partition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE