Cryptocurrency section

cornerpath

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its time for GBATEMP to finally have A crypto currency section. Since Bitcoin and XRP is bound to blow up soon, plus seeing major companies, local shops and gas stations are setting up crypto ATMS at many locations. Also ATT just started using Bitcoin as A payment option for billing, I can already see in the near future amazon will start using crypto curreny as well. Rite now is the chance for us to start this section now since most of the world still isn't caught up on to what Bitcoin or crypto currency in general is.

Those who hold bitcoin, or any type of crypto is part of the 1%crew since society hasn't fully started using it yet. Just like with Google, the real winners were the early birds "the 1% crew" who invested early before the world knew what google was. So lets make this a reality on GBAtemp

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
But this is a gaming website? Why dedicate a whole section to something completely unrelated to gaming?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I expect bitcoin to go the way of plastic straws real soon now, the environmental damage of all that wasted electricity is going to sway popular opinion.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be much better if you asked if there are any crypto holders and then giving the idea to make a section dedicated to crypto.
There are plenty of people here that variously dabble in such things, or have a bit more, and we have long talked about it (here is me in 2012 https://gbatemp.net/threads/29c3-hacker-conference-in-a-little-under-a-week.339564/#post-4489262 discussing the end of year conference talks on the matter). That said sections are made around here generally if they are expected to be needed (new console or something), or because it is an obvious move (though even then there will tend to be a talk or two first). Before that we tend to have to see another more general section taken over by such topics, or for there at least to be a really active sticky thread on such matters, and we have seen neither -- it has been over a month at this point and nobody (OP included) has made a thread covering the events of the week or notable things as they happen, much less one people contribute to.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
why should there be a section for mostly criminals participating in the biggest pyramid scheme on the planet while jacking up the prices of video cards? the answer: there shouldn't be. And i cannot wait for this market to finally crash than that 1%crew is going to get a hard dose of reality :creep:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!