GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx, I saw a comment on a site:

If youre looking for a full fledge Action Rpg game, think again..
Every battle takes place in a small area, you get the random enemy encounter pop ups..

The battle system plays alot like Phantasy Star Online
You have free movement in battle, but attacking is still menu based..

So if youre looking for a FF Crystal Chronicles with better graphics, youre not going to find it here..

Other than the battle system this game maybe consider renting only..

----
do u gaiz agree with him?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the movies freeze really bad for me on firmware 3.80 and 3.71, tried both. It works fine if I play it thru USB. My memory card is a sony brand, 4GB

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
test84 said:

Every battle takes place in a small area, you get the random enemy encounter pop ups..

So if youre looking for a FF Crystal Chronicles with better graphics, youre not going to find it here..

----

yes i agree, it's spot on actually, it's got the same frequent random battles as the orignal final fantasy 7
frown.gif
but instead when you encounter a enemy you can move around and attack.

QUOTE(rdurbin @ Mar 20 2008, 07:20 PM) the movies freeze really bad for me on firmware 3.80 and 3.71, tried both. It works fine if I play it thru USB. My memory card is a sony brand, 4GB

mine is fine, m33-4 3.71 sony 4gb.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rdurbin said:
the movies freeze really bad for me on firmware 3.80 and 3.71, tried both. It works fine if I play it thru USB. My memory card is a sony brand, 4GB

I'm on 3.71 m33 with a sandisk 4gb and the opening movie (where u choose new game or continue) and some cutscenes both slow down once and a while but I'm gonna try taking off some things off my ms or formatting it a different way. if that doesn't work I don't know what to do. oh I'm and using an iso not cso.

Rulza

Trophies
XP
Country
test84 said:

----
No way, this is easily the best game for the PSP if you ask me.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanubis said:
Have you guys tried changing your processor speed setting to 333?

I just noticed the game doesn't bump itself up to 333 so i changed it. Not much of a difference, there is still A LOT of skipping on the intro pmf. All I ripped out of the iso was the update folder and the boot.bin. I doubt that would change anything.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
EvilShenanigans! said:
I just noticed the game doesn't bump itself up to 333 so i changed it. Not much of a difference, there is still A LOT of skipping on the intro pmf. All I ripped out of the iso was the update folder and the boot.bin. I doubt that would change anything.

um duh! it's obvious ain't it? load the iso to your psp as clean and don't remove anything! no wonder why it's skipping.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
EvilShenanigans! said:

um duh! it's obvious ain't it? load the iso to your psp as clean and don't remove anything! no wonder why it's skipping.

hmmm, that shouldnt be the problem. all the iso has in it are the update files(which are useless), the boot.bin (idk what it does but I know u don't need it to run the game) and only 2 large files are left which are the actual game. i might try just leaving the boot.bin but i have to retrieve the iso all over again. I didn't keep an untouched copy.
oh and certain ripkits take out those files b/c they are for some reason not needed to run the game.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not the update folder that causing the problem. I put mine on my memory stick as an ISO and removed NOTHING from it. It still freezes alot on opening movie and alot of the other CGI movies. It does however work perfectly if i use USBHOSTFS and keep the iso on my hard drive. My guess is the hard drive is faster than the memory stick, but I dont know why an offical sony memory stick would be too slow. I have also tried changing the speed and it didnt change anything that I could really notice. On my memory stick I have no problems on any other games that are saved as ISO, A few games gives me problems on CSO

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rdurbin said:
its not the update folder that causing the problem. I put mine on my memory stick as an ISO and removed NOTHING from it. It still freezes alot on opening movie and alot of the other CGI movies. It does however work perfectly if i use USBHOSTFS and keep the iso on my hard drive. My guess is the hard drive is faster than the memory stick, but I dont know why an offical sony memory stick would be too slow. I have also tried changing the speed and it didnt change anything that I could really notice. On my memory stick I have no problems on any other games that are saved as ISO, A few games gives me problems on CSO

How did you format your mem card? I found that formatting my mem card using my pc caused a lot of stuttering and slow loading in games, but when I formatted it using the format option in the psp setting the games then ran smoothley with now stuttering or slow load times.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
rdurbin said:

How did you format your mem card? I found that formatting my mem card using my pc caused a lot of stuttering and slow loading in games, but when I formatted it using the format option in the psp setting the games then ran smoothley with now stuttering or slow load times.

I formatted it using the format option in the PSP, kinda odd only this game is causing problems. Seem like others are having a similar problem with this game, even uncompressed

DarkMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Runs perfectly on my Phat PSP - 3.90 M33-2, 4GB Sandisk Pro Duo. I compressed to a level 9 CSO and I'm not getting any lagging, slowdowns or long load times. CPU is set to 333mhz.

Looks like a great game, I'm looking forward to spending some time on it this weekend.
smile.gif

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm using a phat PSP w/ cfw 3.71 m33-4, w/ a SanDisk 4GB memory stick pro duo. no problems at all running the game as level 9 compressed CSO.

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just formatted my ms as fat not fat32 and now all movies run perfectly. now im gonna try to compress it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
rdurbin said:

have you made sure the m33 driver was selected? it seems you have solved the problem now though.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Man, what a marathon. I've finished it after playing it near non-stop for nearly 2/3 of a day (bedridden for an injury). Fantastic game. Simple, but fun. And the story of Zack is superbly well done. DMW pwns, too much, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2KV8MHRJlQ