Edwii

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I know we are all pretty much in the dark, and I have the feeling something like this has be brought up before, but I couldn't find a clear answer.

With the best DSi Carts we have on the market (like the Supercard DSTWO) that run DS games on the 3DS;
Can we speculate that they should have enough hardware to run 3ds games come the time they are hacked, or is it safer to say that the most they will ever run are DS games?

This is just speculation, trying to find some level of senses.
I acknowledge that in the future we may just soft mod the 3ds instead of relying on carts.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will sell a new more expensive flashcart for sure

Its a company, they want make money

anyway i think something like homebrew channel on the Wii will be released someday
we are talking about 3-5 years, dont expect something in short time,
it can never come, i hope not
wink.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edwii said:
Can we speculate that they should have enough hardware to run 3ds games come the time they are hacked, or is it safer to say that the most they will ever run are DS games?
It is highly improbable that any DS flashcart will ever be able to run 3DS backups.

chauffler

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius said:
Edwii said:
It is highly improbable that any DS flashcart will ever be able to run 3DS backups.
but why is it highly improbable I'm just curious

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
fergieboy10 said:
Lacius said:
Edwii said:

[guess] The only working DSi cart seems to use a full rom of a commercial game to boot in DSi mode, assuming that a similar thing would need to be done in 3DS mode, current carts might not have a large enough flashable area to store a whole 3DS game. [/guess]

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
spinal_cord said:
fergieboy10 said:
Lacius said:
Edwii said:

[guess] The only working DSi cart seems to use a full rom of a commercial game to boot in DSi mode, assuming that a similar thing would need to be done in 3DS mode, current carts might not have a large enough flashable area to store a whole 3DS game. [/guess]
Imagine a giant bulky thing sticking out of your 3DS, just for the space needed to flash a 3DS rom in. Like an Action Replay DS, except much worse..

But, my guess is that there's gonna be some kind of save-game exploit using OoT3D (how ironic) since it uses the same engine as the original N64 version, god, most of the original glitches still work. Anyways, my guess is that we'll have a save-game exploit with OoT3D, and we'll have to sand off the part of the cart that's sticks out, so we can flash the savefile using an original DS/DSlite ontothe cart, then put it back in the 3DS, then do something in game, crash, and bam, SD card access or something. Or maybe we'll have a 3DSware exploit. (Hopefully the 3DS flipnote studio will have some backdoors...)

Also, according to LGC (the release group who released the first 3DS roms), they have a way to play roms already. Of course, they could be trolling.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modchips will be very illegal, remember famicom?,
making a bunch of pirate carts are not more profitable outside of china,

flashcarts are legal on most places, not all places, just see the legal disputes on spain...

thats why china center his efforts on flashcarts

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aireca said:
Modchips will be very illegal

They aren't? Again, this differs per country I guess.

You can pretty much do whatever you want with your product that you own. If you want it to act as a fridge, then that's your choice. Just don't expect support on it anymore.

aireca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thats another thing, support, nintendo doesnt have a real thing to fight legally against Flashcarts, more than the difuse of things like "Your 3DS will explode if you insert a flashcart", because you are not modifing your 3ds

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3