Country

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wikipedia said:
By February 15, 2008, No More Heroes had sold 40,000 copies in Japan. The game saw shipments of 200,000 units in North America with about 100,000 of those units sold. No More Heroes was expected to sell 160,000 copies in Europe.[49][50] Shortly after No More Heroes's European release, PAL publisher Rising Star raved about its sales, with manager Martin Defries proclaiming, "We are weeping with delight. Especially as sales should improve further with the TV campaign moving up a gear from tonight. It is a verification of all the posturing and ambitious claims made these past months. I think a 'told you so' would be apt at some point. Thanks to Nintendo and the Wii console. Thanks to Mastertronic for their sales efforts and all our retail partners. Most of all thanks to Grasshopper for the greatest of products."

...If the game bombed so badly they wouldn't have ported it or pursued a sequel.

And what's bad about it getting ported? Sure, it looses the motion control, but it gets great high res graphics as well as an opportunity for this already overshadowed game to get more attention. And if it does well on the 360/PS3, you can definitely see more games in the series (although Desperate Struggle will be the last game for Travis Touchdown).

Why this upsets you I fail to see. It sounds like Wii fanboyism, honestly.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
No i am not a wii fanboy i only got my wii for the games square enix makes, im a square fanboy. it just annoys me that games that companies make that "dont sell well" on the wii/ds seem to get remade and then the wii/ds versions just dissappear.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vincent Valentine said:
Guild McCommunist said:
No i am not a wii fanboy i only got my wii for the games square enix makes, im a square fanboy. it just annoys me that games that companies make that "dont sell well" on the wii/ds seem to get remade and then the wii/ds versions just dissappear.
...what are you talking about? Only two games from the Wii/DS that I know of have been ported.

And if you really want to be a fanboy, I'd honestly get a PS3/PS2 since most of their titles have been released on that console. There are only 5 Wii games (To the PS3's 9 and the 360's 8, not including PSN/XBLA/WiiWare releases) SE has made and one of them don't even count cause it was a port from the DS counterpart. And another one (Soul Eater) was very mediocre.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes but those 2 are probably one of the best games released on that console that are under shadowed by a remake that isnt half as good,sure it looks better but looks aren't everything and i do have a PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: uh, don't do that either. It will be tagged as Spam on here @Stan4d