Hacking Custom IOSX Rev21 Released!!

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Has anyone tested which base is the best for Triiforce or all all these suggestions in this thread just rumors?

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
By my side I can say rev21 really improved usb device compatibility.
I have 8 hard disk here and 2 of them didn't work with previous revs (to be honest, 1 has random crash and the other doesn't work at all)
But now with rev21 both work perfectly with base 56,57,58 (other bases not tested yet).

PJIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
XFlak said:
I've already done 90% of the work to add rev 21 support to ModMii, but after speaking with DeadlyFoez I've decided to wait at least a few weeks to see if rev21 is a success or if wanin will be forced to release rev21b for bug fixes or w/e

in the meantime, I'd still like to hear what bases ppl think should be supported, for sure ModMii will support 56 and 57, but we'll see what benefits the other bases bring once more ppl have managed to do some testing

I couldn't agree more... With that said, for the people who have to have the latest and greatest and want to download all the possible rev21 wads for 249 and 250 (installed with the latest installer and then dumped with bluedump), hit up the Modify ANY Wii sticky, follow the links, and grab the cios21.zip and enjoy... As with ModMii, the guide won't be updated until after rev21 has been through the wringer, homebrew is updated for the new improvements and is proven stable enough for the average user.

-Erik

Huh? Can't find cios21.zip anywhere on this site, or on the CompleteSoftMod site. Please explain where to find this. Thanks!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hit up the simplisticmod email in the Modify any Wii thread.....it'll autoreply you the link for the cios21.zip

EDIT: i take that back, it's not there! ...guess it'll be Wanin's installer for now.....

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brausm08 said:
hit up the simplisticmod email in the Modify any Wii thread.....it'll autoreply you the link for the cios21.zip

EDIT: i take that back, it's not there! ...guess it'll be Wanin's installer for now.....

It is there... Look for it harder
smile.gif
I didn't upload it to 4shared, but it is in the mediafire account... perhaps that is why you didn't see it
smile.gif

-Erik

Edit: Uploading to 4shared as we speak as well...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
Levente said:
Here are my test result:
unpatched Metroid Prime Trilogy [PAL]
IOS reload block set to no - wii restarts after selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 1 - won't load afte selecting game and difficulty
IOS reload block set to method 2 - 002 error

WiiPower:
That's what i feared to happen. Waninkoko did not implement basic 002 error fixing in the cIOS when blocking the IOS Reload, which i suggested him like 10 times.

That's NOT the way to load MPT. LOL
Works fine here since rev 17

He knows what he is doing. With the cIOS alone, you can't get MPT to work the way it is supposed to. You can use alt .dol loading, or replace the game IOS with a cIOS, but the cIOS should be able to get the game to fully work(when using a backup disc). Which it doesn't because there's 002 fix in the cIOS.

Sorry, I was only thinking in the lines of USB loading. Point taken!

PJIV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
brausm08 said:

It is there... Look for it harder
smile.gif
I didn't upload it to 4shared, but it is in the mediafire account... perhaps that is why you didn't see it
smile.gif

-Erik

Edit: Uploading to 4shared as we speak as well...

Got it, Merry Christmas! - Saves alot of work this way
smile.gif

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
kylster said:
WW/VC games through USB Loader does not work atm
+1... I realized that some games actually worked (15-20%) but mostly (80-85%) are not playable
unsure.gif
Also my USB-HDD drive wasn't recognized under this rev
blink.gif

See ya!

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which games played that you tried? it's not like it's a bad cIOSX but that's why i have 20b installed into slot 250 cause i needed triiforce support for slot 249.

wichoxp said:
kylster said:
WW/VC games through USB Loader does not work atm
+1... I realized that some games actually worked (15-20%) but mostly (80-85%) are not playable
unsure.gif
Also my USB-HDD drive wasn't recognized under this rev
blink.gif

See ya!

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
So what's the verdict for rev21? I'm on rev20b and all is working fine. Are there any gains on rev21 over rev20b?

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
kylster said:
Which games played that you tried? it's not like it's a bad cIOSX but that's why i have 20b installed into slot 250 cause i needed triiforce support for slot 249.
Well, I had rev17b on slot 249. Then installed rev21 (IOS38 base) on the same slot and the games that worked are: Contra Rebirth, Bit Trip Runner and Dr. Mario RX (this one just let me access to the save/load screen). Other games like Adventure Island, Castlevania Rebirth or Doc Louis' Punch-Out are not working (black screen). All games worked on rev17b but Bit Trip Runner isn't playable under rev17b. It needs rev21 to be playable.

See ya!

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@FGod....damn...you didn't tell there would be some issues with this new rev... All good though....seems like I am also having issues with WiiMC with this new rev or it's just a coincidence.... sometimes the app freezes when I am browsing a folder on the network drive....whic it never did on my personal wii.... i used my parents xmas gift black wii to give them a usb backup support and all my games seem to be working fine under cios m222.... so thats good news... but with ios58 it's not.... or thats what WiiMC is telling me... although it works fine unless you browse too long in the media folder... anyways.. I don't know if that is because of the rev or like I said a coinkidink?!

Peace

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that with every new revision that Wanin releases, it becomes buggier. I haven't even bothered updating for the longest time since whatever we got before is working just fine.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
@FGod....damn...you didn't tell there would be some issues with this new rev... All good though....seems like I am also having issues with WiiMC with this new rev or it's just a coincidence.... sometimes the app freezes when I am browsing a folder on the network drive....whic it never did on my personal wii.... i used my parents xmas gift black wii to give them a usb backup support and all my games seem to be working fine under cios m222.... so thats good news... but with ios58 it's not.... or thats what WiiMC is telling me... although it works fine unless you browse too long in the media folder... anyways.. I don't know if that is because of the rev or like I said a coinkidink?!

Peace
wiimc does not use cios at all so this is not the problem, and it seems a few people have said base58 isn't the best stick with base56

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Muyfa666 said:
So what's the verdict for rev21? I'm on rev20b and all is working fine. Are there any gains on rev21 over rev20b?
From the looks of it, some people are having issues with rev21. If everything's working fine with rev20b, I would hold off until everything's all sorted out, or if a major new 'feature' of rev21 gets utilized in homebrew.

Edit: 600th post~
biggrin.gif

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
CarbonX13 said:
Muyfa666 said:
From the looks of it, some people are having issues with rev21. If everything's working fine with rev20b, I would hold off until everything's all sorted out, or if a major new 'feature' of rev21 gets utilized in homebrew.

Edit: 600th post~
biggrin.gif

Ok, I hear ya... tnx alot. Then I'll hold off for now. :-)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
wichoxp said:
kylster said:
Well, I had rev17b on slot 249. Then installed rev21 (IOS38 base) on the same slot and the games that worked are: Contra Rebirth, Bit Trip Runner and Dr. Mario RX (this one just let me access to the save/load screen). Other games like Adventure Island, Castlevania Rebirth or Doc Louis' Punch-Out are not working (black screen). All games worked on rev17b but Bit Trip Runner isn't playable under rev17b. It needs rev21 to be playable.

See ya!
I have mostly the same results (tested world of goo, Dr Mario and star fox 64...they work). I just want to point out that the bit. trip games actually do work on rev17. The only issue is that they need a savegame already on the USB nand to work (source...and I can confirm the workaround works for bit.trip fate as well).
A workaround for this game is this: use uloader to install bit.trip runner, and run it once. Then copy the folder USB:\nand\TITLE0010001\57545245 to USB:\TITLE0010001\57545245, and copy USB:\nand\TICKET0010001\57545245.tik to USB:\TICKET0010001\57545245.tik.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, krustday krab