Hacking CycloDS best flash cart for features?

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, got some questions!

1.)I was wondering if this cart was the best deal in features (dont care about price)

2.)Was also wanting to know what is the best seller on the interwebs for a US buyer

3.)does this brick your DS lite?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, well I am a cyclod user so I have to say yes its good...especially with the price dealextreme is putting up...but you may also want to consider supercard ds 1. Both are very good.kidna equal in my opinion except one supports in full english while the other is from china(i think) that still supports in inglesh
smile.gif

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
hi

Lets start with your last question!

QUOTE said:

No , Well the clcloDS won't or any of the official cards such as the supercard/R4/M3 , but some of the fake/copy cards may so always buy from a reputable online shop (DX) and buy what you can afford , but never had a problem personally and iv owned 6 different ones so far.

Also on the note of bricking your DS, you can install a custom firmware which is called " flash me " and has some code written into it to stop your ds from being able to be bricked + enables nds games to be ran from a slot 2 card with out need for slot 1 pass me card.

Question 2)
QUOTE said:
Was also wanting to know what is the best seller on the interwebs, Realhotdeals

The best seller seems to be the R4 but for got sakes don't buy one please :-) lol , one of the first sllot one cards with auto dldi patching and 100% game compatibility BUT, The R4 has had its time and is now showing its age with lack of any special features or SDHC.

So in my opinion and most of us ds owners its either the cycloDS or the Supercard SCHC , if money isn't an issue then i would say the cycloDS but the supercard has all its features but is cheaper.........

And down to question 1)

I was wondering if this cart was the best deal in features (dont care about price)

Well i guess i answered that already in Q2, yes the cycloDS is best for features and over all performance (hurt me to say being a SC owner lol)

paul

EDIT: when i wrote this no one had replied lol, took me 10 minutes to write this!@!@!@!@)

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ paul- thanks for that! answered all my questions but i said "Best seller" i meant where to buy in the US

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is actually competing with the SCDS1 in terms of features, but is more stable and easier to use.
Both the CDSE and the SCDS1 have exclusive features, but most awesome features these days are being shared between them with noone else offering them.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS is by far the best DS flashcard, bar none. Homebrew soft reset, in-game menu with real time save/load, slo-mo, cheats, unlimited skins with the ability to randomize them, built-in GBA and EZFlash support, extremely easy updating (copy the update file to your card, put it in the Cyclo, and then it updates and deletes the file), SDHC support, et cetera. To be honest, you'd be crazy to get anything else.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, most of what needs to be said has been said, except "where" to buy your Cyclo. It is true that the Cyclo is the best flashcart on the market, and has the best and most responsive tech team anywhere. they are always quick with updates and fixes, if there are any problems. I have purchased 8 Cyclos over the last few months and I will never buy anything else.

And as far as where to buy: Realhotstuff.com is, in my opinion, the only place to buy a Cyclo DS, or any other flashcarts for that matter. They nearly always have the best price, and they have BY FAR the best customer service and order processing/shipping department in the business. I always use the cheapest shipping option they have (which is free many times) and I always get my order in 3 days. Most sites can't get it to you that fast even if you choose overnight shipping because it takes them a week to process your damn order in the first place!

About 2 months ago, I stopped shopping around because even if an item is a couple dollars more on RHS than another site (which has only happened to me ONCE when I wanted to purchase an EZ flash 3 in 1), it is well worth it. You have zero worries when you order from them. They go above and beyond to make sure each customer is happy. To give you an even better example, I had a question about something, and the owner of the company spoke to me on the phone to make sure I was satisfied. That's never happened to me with any other site.

And no, I am not a realhotstuff employee, just a very satisfied customer!

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@hollaback- So Cyclods can play gba roms? or do you need a gba expansion pack or somthing

@sleepingdragon- Thanks! thats were i will order mine but i saw 2 versons a white and a black..

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Abraxas said:
@hollaback- So Cyclods can play gba roms? or do you need a gba expansion pack or somthing

@sleepingdragon- Thanks! thats were i will order mine but i saw 2 versons a white and a black..
you need some kind of GBA-slot device, the 3in1 is the best supported one. The color is your choice entirely, what do you prefer?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hollabackitsobi said:
The CycloDS is by far the best DS flashcard, bar none. Homebrew soft reset, in-game menu with real time save/load, slo-mo, cheats, unlimited skins with the ability to randomize them, built-in GBA and EZFlash support, extremely easy updating (copy the update file to your card, put it in the Cyclo, and then it updates and deletes the file), SDHC support, et cetera. To be honest, you'd be crazy to get anything else.

Other than the EZflash support, and the multi skins, the SCDS1 (Which the SCDS1 is getting within a few weeks, according to the team) has all of those, and more.

- Multi-save
- Realtime Guide
- In-game Cheat guide.
- Tripple OS
- Plays music right out of the OS, instead of clicking on Moonshell, etc.

Honestly, you'd be crazy to say that the Cyclo has more features than the SCDS1.

And, I'm not some stupid fanboy, who thinks the SCDS1 is the best cart. It's the best in features, but it really lacks a few other things.

I believe they're at the same level.

The SCDS1 has more features, but lacks the GUI.
THe Cyclo has a better, and more professional GUI, while there aren't as much features.

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
Abraxas said:

you need some kind of GBA-slot device, the 3in1 is the best supported one. The color is your choice entirely, what do you prefer?

Black so its like my NDS lite.

my friend got a white gba browser thing for his red and black NDS lite and it looks terrible he hates it to. ( i dont want to make the same mistake)

@OJ- So the SCDS-1 does the enhance fetures like slow mo and soft- reset?

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
hollabackitsobi said:

Spoken like a true fanboy.

The CycloDS is a great cart, like many others. It has a good amount of features but the SCDS1 still beats it. Built-in EZ-Flash support is far from perfect (I cannot save in Golden Sun and have had to rely on Rudolph's GBA Exploader. Rudolph -- Single coder did it faster than TEAM Cyclops??!). The much promised 'in-game text reader' still hasn't come to light and keeps getting pushed back further and further. Touch scrolling in the menus is rubbish, it takes a while to startup.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Cyclo it's a decent cart, but Cyclo owners seem to smug with their choice to the point where it gets annoying. The only reason I chose Cyclo was BECAUSE they said In-Game Guide was on its way, and I hate the Supercard implementation (very awkaward, looks horrible). In fact the only reason I chose Cyclo is because they're slightly more professional than the teams of other cards, have a support forum, and speak something other than Chinese or Engrish.

Please don't let the fanboys convince you, check out the very good GBATemp reviews and make a decision based on that.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
To those of you saying SCDS-1 beats Cyclo -- I ordered both and SCDS will be here in a week. From what I know it has game guide support which Cyclo does not. However, Cyclo has slow-motion(without the need of a cheatcode list), uses memories faster, AND WII CONNECTIVITY. Does SCDS have Wii connect?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I still don't get why there are fanboy wars over these sort of things...

Read reviews and create your own opinion on what to get, fanboys will get you no further.

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Searinox said:
To those of you saying SCDS-1 beats Cyclo -- I ordered both and SCDS will be here in a week. From what I know it has game guide support which Cyclo does not. However, Cyclo has slow-motion(without the need of a cheatcode list), uses memories faster, AND WII CONNECTIVITY. Does SCDS have Wii connect?

While Wii Connect is hardly the be-all-and-end-all of cart features (there are few games that even support it, and remember it is apparently only with the US versions of games, not european).

@Minox_IX: That's what I'd love to know. The lengths people will go to stick up and advertise for an inanimate piece of plastic and circuitry still amazes me.

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paul3100 said:
hi

Lets start with your last question!

QUOTE said:

No , Well the clcloDS won't or any of the official cards such as the supercard/R4/M3 , but some of the fake/copy cards may so always buy from a reputable online shop (DX) and buy what you can afford , but never had a problem personally and iv owned 6 different ones so far.

Also on the note of bricking your DS, you can install a custom firmware which is called " flash me " and has some code written into it to stop your ds from being able to be bricked + enables nds games to be ran from a slot 2 card with out need for slot 1 pass me card.

Question 2)
QUOTE said:
Was also wanting to know what is the best seller on the interwebs, Realhotdeals

The best seller seems to be the R4 but for got sakes don't buy one please :-) lol , one of the first sllot one cards with auto dldi patching and 100% game compatibility BUT, The R4 has had its time and is now showing its age with lack of any special features or SDHC.

So in my opinion and most of us ds owners its either the cycloDS or the Supercard SCHC , if money isn't an issue then i would say the cycloDS but the supercard has all its features but is cheaper.........

And down to question 1)

I was wondering if this cart was the best deal in features (dont care about price)

Well i guess i answered that already in Q2, yes the cycloDS is best for features and over all performance (hurt me to say being a SC owner lol)

paul

EDIT: when i wrote this no one had replied lol, took me 10 minutes to write this!@!@!@!@)

Just wanted to point out that the Evolution was the first
tongue.gif

Abraxas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read both SCDS-1 and Cyclods and i dont care about the Wii- connectivity.. but i want the Slowmo... is there any way to add the slowmo feature to other flash carts?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Abraxas said:
I have read both SCDS-1 and Cyclods and i dont care about the Wii- connectivity.. but i want the Slowmo... is there any way to add the slowmo feature to other flash carts?
It hasn't been done properly on other flashcarts yet, but it is possible to do.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Xeijin said:
Searinox said:

While Wii Connect is hardly the be-all-and-end-all of cart features (there are few games that even support it, and remember it is apparently only with the US versions of games, not european).

@Minox_IX: That's what I'd love to know. The lengths people will go to stick up and advertise for an inanimate piece of plastic and circuitry still amazes me.
fixed since 1.4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah who am i kidding? we all know he lives in north korea