OP
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
here[/url].

Please note that this is a BETA firmware release, and as such may contain bugs. As a precaution, please backup your MicroSD contents before installing this firmware update.

Some of you may be wondering why we decided to release a public BETA rather than holding off for the final v1.4 release.

The primary reason for this is that support for instant cheats codes, which is a feature scheduled for inclusion in the v1.4 release, has not been finalized yet. Unfortunately this means that the instant cheat codes feature is not included in this BETA. However, we have been working on a number of other new features so we decided to do an interim firmware release.

The secondary reason for the BETA is that the firmware has undergone many changes “under the hood” and we felt it would be better to allow our users to assist in testing before releasing the final stable build. This is why we must stress that you should only use this BETA if you know what you are doing and accept the risks involved.

Changes for the firmware include:
  • Text and Instant Hex editor
  • Reset is now supported for Homebrew
  • Incremental Real Time Save (iRTS)
  • Fixed Wii connectivity ( Homebrew games are now supported)
  • Several game compatibility fixes
  • Transparent skins are supported, selectable in the settings menu
  • Opera (clean rom) supported via CycloDS without RAM pack
  • Better support for Rumble, EZ3in1 and others Slot 2
  • DSLinux is now supported 100% with RTS
  • Improved stability and speed
  • Supported for more games
  • Added new file view mode - "custom view"
  • Improved file list sorting method
  • Completely new translations: Tibetan, Sanskrit, Russian
  • Improve speed for RTS save/load
  • GUI clean-up
  • Buttons for various dialog boxes
  • Press ABXY to exit Homebrew
  • Stopped game list from displaying invalid items
  • Loader now reboots into GUI if there is an error
  • Many other miscellaneous fixes/improvements
  • Fixed fragmentation level with SDHC
We will be posting an updated user manual when the final 1.4 firmware build is released. In the meantime, please refer to the following post for a brief description of the new features.

Read the following warning before testing : http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5355

inappropriate upload removed
This post has been edited by CNET_Peter: Today, 10:10 AM

Are you a fool ? see what people think about you here Topic : Replying to To CNET_Peter

QUOTE(B4N5H33]why don´t you introduce yourself or fill out your personal info like everyone here?

you appear out of nowhere and start deleting and locking topics...i can understand why people get mad at you
lecture.gif

Hey it is not inappropriate or illegal it is an official release !

Frozen_Fish

Trophies
XP
Country
"Opera (clean rom) supported via CycloDS without RAM pack"
tongue.gif

You almost had me
biggrin.gif

GH0ST said:
The RAM pack is not needed anymore... I'm currently typing from the Opera Browser.

I posted various cycloDS beta previously ... but i fear i will not upload this one since it is inappropriate for CNET users ;-)
Well seeing as there is absolutely no news of this anywhere else on the interwebs i'm sticking with April Fools joke.
rolleyes.gif

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OBJECTION!!!!

You contradicted yourself!!!
On the warning link you posted it says:
QUOTE said:
Please do not post news about any BETA builds which appear in this forum. Usually when a build is posted in this forum, the corresponding final build will appear a few days later pending the success of the BETA testing. The BETA builds we post here are intended to serve as temporary releases for the sole purpose of testing and not for general use. As a general rule, only post about firmware releases which are mentioned in the news forum or on the news section of the main CycloDS website.
SO YOU GOT OWNED!!!!!!
:facepalm:

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
The RAM pack is not needed anymore... I'm currently typing from the Opera Browser.

I posted various cycloDS beta previously ... but i fear i will not upload this one again since it was deleted immediately by Cnet_Peter and it seems to be inappropriate for CNET users ... ;-(

CNET_Peter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GH0ST: I did not edit any of your posts.
Your account has been suspended for 2 days.

Any attempt to create a secondary account will result in a ban of your IP address range (Using proxies will not work either as your original IP is still visible).
Which would make you unable to even view the site.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn I never knew this, or put 2 n 2 together- "The cover art of Metal Gear is based on a photo...