Hacking CycloDS website downed?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... I'm not sure, as the host company might have pulled the site down due to the Nintendo lawsuits.

MaxEdison said:
It's been established that the site is down due to bandwidth regarding the 1.51b firmware. It has nothing to do with the recent Nintendo lawsuits, which are targeting R4 retailers.

R4 type devices. Like all flashcarts

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxEdison said:
It's been established that the site is down due to bandwidth regarding the 1.51b firmware. It has nothing to do with the recent Nintendo lawsuits, which are targeting R4 retailers.

How would the new firmware affect the site's bandwidth? First of all, there was no mention of a new firmware, and even if there were an update, I don't think there are enough Evo users to flood the site to the point where it would cause the site to max out its bandwidth.

Also, the message that appears when attempting to access either the main site or forums says nothing about them maxing out their bandwidth.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, it's their bandwidth, the CycloEvo is hella popular,and the new beta firmware, discussion, and everyone and their brother hotlinking to their servers probably took them down for a bit. When the site does come back on, it'd be nice to know server/hosting costs, I'd pay $1/month to chip in, as they have one of the best forums online (speaking specifically of Cyclo) same goes for GBATemp.

MaxEdison

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.homebroo.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
MaxEdison said:

How would the new firmware affect the site's bandwidth? First of all, there was no mention of a new firmware, and even if there were an update, I don't think there are enough Evo users to flood the site to the point where it would cause the site to max out its bandwidth.

Also, the message that appears when attempting to access either the main site or forums says nothing about them maxing out their bandwidth.
38118objection.jpg

Originally, cyclopsds.com redirected to a 500 - Bandwidth Exceeded error message. This was soon replace by the "account suspended" message we've come to know and love today. Note that initially, only cyclopsds.com had this message (rather than their sites for CycloWiz and Cyclo360), leading one to presume that it was a large number of downloads of the new beta firmware (which was released days earlier to massive hype due to the in-game text reader) that capsized the good ship Cyclops.

ganmo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
golden said:
I was about to buy a cyclops cart for my DS. Should I be reconsidering now?
huh.gif

CycloDS, should still be one of the better cart, so if you don't care about whether or not they'll release new firmware you could buy it.

IsLNdbOi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think Team Cyclops's websites are down for good due to the Nintendo lawsuits (or at least until they see what happens after the lawsuits).

Is the firmware for the CycloDS open source? It would be sad to no longer get firmware updates.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those bastards at Team Cyclops pulled a cut and run on us!

Let's all pool money to me so I can hire a contract killer to deal with them, okay? Then you can all shut the fuck up. Seriously.

IsLNdbOi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone needs to get that stick out of their ass. Seriously. You're the one that needs to shut the fuck up.

In the last two threads, all you're doing is complaining or belittling people.

LuOmeoga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHAHA! I'm so happy I downloaded the firmware before it got suspended! Now I can get the Cyclo, even without the site no doubt the CycloDS Evo is the best flash cart out.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LuOmeoga said:
AHAHA! I'm so happy I downloaded the firmware before it got suspended! Now I can get the Cyclo, even without the site no doubt the CycloDS Evo is the best flash cart out.

Why would you want to do that? What if it never comes back and there will never be updates? New games might require a firmware update for it to work. Getting a cart without future support is just foolish.

I would look into the M3 Real and Supercard DS (ONE). Both have a long history in flash carts and have a huge support base all over the net. Got my Supercard at www.deveno.com and they've lowered their price since then.

Besides, the Supercard site never goes down. Why gamble on a half ass product like the cyclods that was probably a copy of other flash carts?

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it has been down for six days.....gotta wonder what IS going on....

The odd part is that not only is the website down, but also the forums. And both in conjunction with each other. Maybe all is fine...but still gotta wonder...

EDIT: Read this on Monroeworld:

http://www.monroeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13781

I would say probably the best bet is to keep an eye on this thread for now. Shane seems pretty closely tied to Team Cyclops and is one of their biggest supporters, so I believe if anyone gets any info first it will probably be him.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RyoSaeba said:
LuOmeoga said:

Why would you want to do that? What if it never comes back and there will never be updates? New games might require a firmware update for it to work. Getting a cart without future support is just foolish.

I would look into the M3 Real and Supercard DS (ONE). Both have a long history in flash carts and have a huge support base all over the net. Got my Supercard at www.deveno.com and they've lowered their price since then.

Besides, the Supercard site never goes down. Why gamble on a half ass product like the cyclods that was probably a copy of other flash carts?

They said they'll release future updates on the monroeworld site and here as well, if the Team Cyclops site continues to be down.
I really don't think there's any need to panic since everything hosted on their site is hosted here as well, and we can't be shut down.
yaynds.gif

http://www.monroeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13781
Excellent, so we finally get a word from on the of the mods on their site. Seems they are afraid of the Nintendo raids going on. Ironic, after they fucking threaten DX, they run like pussies from the Big N.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Even without the support for now, it's strong enough to stand on its own for a long time. Even if they're gone for about 5 months, it'll still be one of the best carts available.

Tatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm my faith in TC is dwindling. First the Deal Extreme fiasco (which I was unfortunately a victim of lol) and now this? I'm really thinking about a SCDS1 now
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8