Hacking Cyclops iEvolution Flash Card be able to play GBA or SNES gam

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no GBA or SNES support but they can make a homebrew application but the DSTWO is more powerful than DSi Mode so SNES and GBA is better on it anyways

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
We haven't heard anything about SNES or GBA games, so I doubt it.

For SNES games there is always the SNES emulator that works on any DS flashcard, but it won't have the extra horsepower that the DSTwo only emulator has. Someone will have to compile it for the DSi to use the DSi's extra horse power.

GBA is looking even less likely to be able to run. But once again, we don't have many details.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
While the DSTwo is more powerful than DSi mode, it has a weakness that Dsi mode doesn't, it needs to transfer all the data back and forth across slot-1, which is limited. Another World and others have mentioned it before, that's where the problem is. That's why it's not as good as it should be, and why there's slight button lag.

There are no current plans for those emulators for this card. In fact there's nothing planned (that we're aware of). I mean the team can't even keep a forum up, you want to rely on them for emulator updates? Better off bribing a third-party dev to do it (homebrew bounty).

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
While the DSTwo is more powerful than DSi mode, it has a weakness that Dsi mode doesn't, it needs to transfer all the data back and forth across slot-1, which is limited.

Basically it appears to be a dingoo a320 on a cart, which continuously transfers screen images and buttons via slot1.
It may be clocked higher and achieve better raw performance, it only really helps for cpu intensive code.

On the other hand, in DSi mode you have access to the ARM9 & ARM7. As the GBA used an ARM7 you may even be able to get the game running on that processor while the other handles the screen etc.

While the DSTWO is a MIPS processor.

SNES may be more of a problem in DSi mode, however I wouldn't rule it out totally.

D

Deleted-236924

Their latest backup is dated January 2009.
That means everything on the forums that was done after 01/09 is ~gone­~

MFDC12 said:
Pingouin7 said:
Rockstar said:
There is no GBA or SNES support but they can make a homebrew application
No, they can't.

and why is that?
Wait, nvm.
I forgot about DSi mode.
But then, we would be forced to play on a DSi if we wanted SNES or GBA emulation, while the DS2 can do this on both DS and DSi.
The thing is, SC team can implement DSi mode in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk