Damn Dingoo...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK...

I set it up according to the links Atashi gave... and I ran a GBA rom, and it froze on "loading...".

I thought it was bricked -- and I tried reflashing it with the de-bricker Atashi linked to, but the Dingoo never registered as being plugged into my PC.

Then I just reset the unit and it works now.

Except for the GBA roms... it still gets stuck on "loading..." (but resetting it gets the unit back to working order)

Will look into it when I have a bit more time... Bogged down with Uni work...

I guess I just need a new GBA emulator (or maybe to rename the roms)...

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Are you using the gba emulator that was among the "hk-fix.zip" files? That's the one I'm using and so far, I've only had one game that won't work (star wars flight of the falcon). Though I mostly run homebrews, not sure if that will make a difference.

Re. the Dingoo not being recognized when you tried to flash it, did you install the drivers that came with the flashing tool? If you did and it still didn't work, what version of Windows are you on? The drivers are not 64bit compatible, and I've read they don't work with Vista / 7 so you might need to run the flasher in "XP compatibility mode".

Good luck!

-Atashi

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Atashi -- Thanks for the reply, and thanks for your research!

1) Yep, that's the one I used. I just copied the whole "games" folder from the HK-fix set over.

2) Yep, I am running XP (SP1) and installed the drivers... and held down "B" when connecting...

I'll give it another bash in the coming days... otherwise I'll just use it for media and the other emulators -- I have a GBM with an EZflashIV and a DSL with GBA expansion pack, so I am not in dire need of a GBA emulator! It was just the first thing I ran to test the unit (as I had a couple of roms handy)!

gba.gif

Atashi

Out of the Loop
Trophies
Website
planetstephanie.net
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if that's a typo but you hold down B when you turn it on or hit the reset button, not when connecting. When you boot the Dingoo while holding B it will actually appear to be off - the screen remains off - but it forces the CPU into a boot mode. Then when you plug it in, Windows should see it as new hardware and when it asks for drivers, point it to the driver that came with the flasher tool.

I tried a few GBA commercial roms this morning and found a much lower ratio than I expected - very quick test but out of 3 that I tried, only 1 appeared to work properly. Maybe it's flawed and I just didn't notice as I really just play GBA homebrews.

I've been reading the forums at dingoonity.com but I don't recall seeing anything about problems there, I'll check again though, and try testing the rest of my GBA roms tonight.

Cheers!

p.s. It should be 'game' on the Dingoo, not 'games'... if the original 'game' folder is there and you've copied the 'games' folder in addition, The dingoo would be running the original emus not the hk-fix ones. Just mentioning that just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...