Gaming Danball Senki BOOST translation help

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh then maybe it is a play on the word "Executioner". Instead of "executioner" they replaced it with something that's kid friendly. *shrugs* Well, I'm starting on LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and LBXARMNAME_JP.BTX later so heads up.

EDIT: So I'm translating the LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and I come across this ハカイオー<王牙:おうが>のアームパーツ。 Hakai-Ō Ōga Arm Part. Now, when I googled Danball Senki and Hakai-Ō, I see a lot of people are using Ogre instead of Ōga, which is translated as King's Fangs. I know Ogre is not proper, it's not what Ōga means, but people might be more used to it. My question is which one do you guys prefer, Ōga or Ogre?

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Ogre it is then. I'm halfway through LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and so far only a few more questions. The Deqoo Custom L/R/C have furigana that gives extra meaning to the words. The Deqoo Custom R has furigana that translates as Reconnaissance Model, Custom L has furigana that translates as Lightweight Model and Custom C has furigana that translates as Cannon Battle Model. For example デクーカス<タムL:けいそうがた>のアームパーツ。 will either be translated as 'Deqoo Custom L (Lightweight Model) Arm Part' or just 'Deqoo Custom L Arm Part'. Which one do you guys prefer, include the furigana readings but in brackets or leave it out?

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ogre it is then. I'm halfway through LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and so far only a few more questions. The Deqoo Custom L/R/C have furigana that gives extra meaning to the words. The Deqoo Custom R has furigana that translates as Reconnaissance Model, Custom L has furigana that translates as Lightweight Model and Custom C has furigana that translates as Cannon Battle Model. For example デクーカス<タムL:けいそうがた>のアームパーツ。 will either be translated as 'Deqoo Custom L (Lightweight Model) Arm Part' or just 'Deqoo Custom L Arm Part'. Which one do you guys prefer, include the furigana readings but in brackets or leave it out?

For now, go ahead and include it. If it's too long or something I can remove it later.

YAY! I found Character names! 816 Records.... oh boy. Dis gonna be a while.
BTW finished up weapon names. I believe it only covers the in battle names. Also did Skill Names and Combat Area names.

EDIT: All character names translated and hopefully all unit names. Testing now.

EDIT 2: OK new chunk for anyone to have at. The CFGuideMessage_JP.BTX, it's all dialogue so everyone is free to try their hand. I'm not fluent enough to try my hand at it just yet.
http://pastebin.com/irBX86u5

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm almost done with LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX and boy almost 200 lines... not so much hard as it is time consuming since I'm doing them while taking breaks from work. I'm glad that everything is progressing nicely.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have some updated screen shots coming tonight.
About 75% done with the Customize menus. So you'll be able to accurately build and modify your LBX for maximum potential.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's cool.
Btw, if you want some help besides translating just ask.

Well I'll have the Story info up soon if someone wants to take a crack at that when it's up.
However I still need someone who can edit images with photoshop (or similar).

EDIT: Oh shit. Frank. Sorry. I've already got the ArmExplain file done. I'm going through all the LBX stuff ATM.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Aw man, and I was almost done too :) No problem. I haven't been going as fast I can anyways. So which ones are yet to be done? I so that I can start on those instead. Also, do you want the parts that I've already translated, for comparison purposes?

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw man, and I was almost done too :) No problem. I haven't been going as fast I can anyways. So which ones are yet to be done? I so that I can start on those instead. Also, do you want the parts that I've already translated, for comparison purposes?

I've been going off the Wiki for the most part. Trying to keep as many to the Wiki as I can.
As far as what's been translated, I've been working from the top down. So probably some of the ones closer to the bottom.
EDIT: Actually, if you're not doing anything now, go ahead and work on the Memory, CPU, Battery, and Motor Explain. Your work on the Aux. Part explain was super helpful since I'm not good with conversational Japanese yet.

Someone want to check this line for me?
全ての部位にパンツァ―F
It's from the CustomCommonMessage_JP.btx
(Record 219)

And this
タイガーテイルXT3
LBXBatteryname_JP.btx
(Record 14)

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright then I'll start from the bottom up and we'll meet at the middle :-) Also, which wiki did you reference? The only one that I found was not complete. Some units are missing when I was translating LBXARMEXPLAIN_JP.BTX. For example there was one arm part, pronounced SUKARUZA ARM PART that the wiki had nothing on at the time. I just translated it as Skullzer.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using that too and it's woefully incomplete. Then again it doesn't look like a lot of people are playing them game hence it not being updated or complete. Anyway, I'm working on SKILL_NAME_JP.BTX. Just starting though.

EDIT: Here's the completed RPGITEMNAME_JP.BTX

Attachments

• RPGITEMNAME_JP.BTX.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 431

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using that too and it's woefully incomplete. Then again it doesn't look like a lot of people are playing them game hence it not being updated or complete. Anyway, I'm working on SKILL_NAME_JP.BTX. Just starting though.

EDIT: Here's the completed RPGITEMNAME_JP.BTX

Excellent! I was just looking at those and debating on messing with them! I'm currently working on the Medals and going back fixing some unit names I messed up in other files.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Great. The skill name file is pretty daunting though. 400+ entries. Yikes. Then again when it's finally translated it'd be worth it. :) Just got to go through it bit by bit until it's all done.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man. I had to go through 800 weapon names. I know the pain. Hell I still have to go back through some of them because I'm fairly certain they're wrong.

Frank Cadena

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, quick Q. Leave japanese technique names as is or translate it? For example, さみだれ斬り is literally Early Summer Rain Cut. Should I translate it into such or just translate it as Samidare Slash/Cut.

CrashmanX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to decide on that myself.
I say go for the shorter version. It'll sound better and fit better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff