XP
Country
United States

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I never had intention to play these games after seeing people on twitch play them, but I considered trying it after seeing a Final ultimate version and having it on switch, may be something to try every often when I find a blocking point of what to play on switch next due to waiting long term for more games. I'm not too familiar with the game rather than the difficulty of it being a huge meme which kinda gave me hesitation but I suppose is worth a try. :unsure:

I honestly just isn't a fan of the huge dark theme open world games like this. I like my games to have bright vibrant colors and interesting things to look at, not look like the whole game takes place on "ALL HALLOWS EVE" all night indefinitely. This isn't castlevania, even that game had some nice bright areas and interesting spooky scenes. :blink:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I honestly just isn't a fan of the huge dark theme open world games like this. I like my games to have bright vibrant colors and interesting things to look at, not look like the whole game takes place on "ALL HALLOWS EVE" all night indefinitely. This isn't castlevania, even that game had some nice bright areas and interesting spooky scenes. :blink:
Dark Souls isn't exactly open world. There are diverging paths in some areas, but for the most part you'll need to visit every location to complete the game anyway.

It also has some beautiful vistas and "praise the sun" moments, it's not all dark dungeon-like areas. The cool thing is looking back and seeing how far you are from where you started in a lot of areas, and Dark Souls captures that feeling of physical progress better than most games.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Souls isn't exactly open world. There are diverging paths in some areas, but for the most part you'll need to visit every location to complete the game anyway.

It also has some beautiful vistas and "praise the sun" moments, it's not all dark dungeon-like areas. The cool thing is looking back and seeing how far you are from where you started in a lot of areas, and Dark Souls captures that feeling of physical progress better than most games.
I suppose is not easy to notice when you watch others play. None of which I found interesting to have me excited about playing the game, and the increasing meme of it being difficult doesn't help. Still I can consider trying it, $40 final ultimate edition seems tempting, just worried I won't like it. :ninja:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I suppose is not easy to notice when you watch others play. None of which I found interesting to have me excited about playing the game, and the increasing meme of it being difficult doesn't help. Still I can consider trying it, $40 final ultimate edition seems tempting, just worried I won't like it. :ninja:
It's hard, but not as hard as the internet makes it out to be. Really it's all about timing like any other game. If you can time parries/dodge rolls and use your shield for emergencies then the game becomes cake. There are non-boss moments that are nearly sure to kill you from surprise the first time you encounter them, but you always get a second chance to learn the layout and recover your souls.

If all else fails, you can always grind souls and make enemies easier that way.

Last edited by Xzi,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's hard, but not as hard as the internet makes it out to be. Really it's all about timing like any other game. If you can time parries/dodge rolls and use your shield for emergencies then the game becomes cake. There are non-boss moments that are nearly sure to kill you from surprise the first time you encounter them, but you always get a second chance to learn the layout and recover your souls.
Well I beaten all three ninja gaiden games on playstation 3, so if the game isn't harder than Ninja Gaiden, then I can play it no problem. :P

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is this a good game for someone like me who played a bit of Bloodborne, beaten BOTW, Bayonetta, Castlevania in the past? i'm really curious how hard this game really is.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Nezztor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To be honest, I never had intention to play these games after seeing people on twitch play them, but I considered trying it after seeing a Final ultimate version and having it on switch, may be something to try every often when I find a blocking point of what to play on switch next due to waiting long term for more games. I'm not too familiar with the game rather than the difficulty of it being a huge meme which kinda gave me hesitation but I suppose is worth a try. :unsure:

If you can and want to test some dark souls gameplay style maybe try bloodboorne on ps4 probably you can find a cheap copy somewhere

Reactions: invaderyoyo

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
is this a good game for someone like me who played a bit of Bloodborne, beaten BOTW, Bayonetta, Castlevania in the past? i'm really curious how hard this game really is.
It is basically Bloodborne with a different setting and different weapons/bosses. Dark Souls is a little harder than DS2 or DS3, but I haven't played Bloodborne to compare the difficulty to.

Reactions: owek1

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
bloodborne and dark souls are quite different.

Dark souls its more deliberate and tactical, with an emphasis on defence.
Bloodborne encourages you to attack, no matter how big or scary the boss is.

Dark Souls was better until the last few areas.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This game isn't very fun you will likely stop playing it because of how frustrating it is. Its problay why people have backlogs of games if you get frustrated easy this won't be a fun game.
It's fairly difficult the first time through, but if you beat it once then DS2 and DS3 become ezpz for you. Definitely worth the time investment IMO. Working on my third DS3 character now. I had two in DS2 and one in DS1. That wasn't really intentional.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game isn't very fun you will likely stop playing it because of how frustrating it is. Its problay why people have backlogs of games if you get frustrated easy this won't be a fun game.

The notion of fun is very subjective. For me "frustrating" would be 90% of the AAA games that assists you in every possible way, spending hours of useless tutorials and where dying means you get back 2 second before if you failed a jump.
Aka today's gaming.

The very reason the Dark Souls series was successful is BECAUSE it was frustrating at time, and then immensely fulfilling once you've beat it.

Reactions: Xzi

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i watched gameplays of DS never played it, but it seems bit sloppy gameplay. dont know, the whole mechanics seems just a bit odd to me.. dunno. also the worlds look boring to run through... (except for the monsters)

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If the game had a practice mode it would be way better. It would be way easier to improve your skills thats the problem with this game it sends to back to far away so it takes ages to practice. So the only way to practice this game is to use mods on the pc version or wait till the switch gets hacked so you an use mods to make you invincible so you can practice.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If the game had a practice mode it would be way better. It would be way easier to improve your skills thats the problem with this game it sends to back to far away so it takes ages to practice. So the only way to practice this game is to use mods on the pc version or wait till the switch gets hacked so you an use mods to make you invincible so you can practice.
Practicing against certain groups of enemies is easy, but it doesn't do you much good with the variety of attacks thrown at you in this game. In the end if you can time dodge rolls or parries, that's all you need to dominate.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's fairly difficult the first time through, but if you beat it once then DS2 and DS3 become ezpz for you. Definitely worth the time investment IMO. Working on my third DS3 character now. I had two in DS2 and one in DS1. That wasn't really intentional.
i guess you could just use a
Practicing against certain groups of enemies is easy, but it doesn't do you much good with the variety of attacks thrown at you in this game. In the end if you can time dodge rolls or parries, that's all you need to dominate.
Thats what i mean really getting the timing down if you can use god mode to practice it makes it easier to get good at the game. cheats do have a use they make it easier to get good at the game. Speed runners do stuff like this to get good at certain parts of the game. then they play it normally with no cheats. Its like save stating in emulators it allows you to practice with the bosses with out having to do the level over again when you run out of lives. making it easier to get better at the game.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
i guess you could just use a

Thats what i mean really getting the timing down if you can use god mode to practice it makes it easier to get good at the game. cheats do have a use they make it easier to get good at the game. Speed runners do stuff like this to get good at certain parts of the game. then they play it normally with no cheats. Its like save stating in emulators it allows you to practice with the bosses with out having to do the level over again when you run out of lives. making it easier to get better at the game.
You get better at the game just by playing it. You shouldn't be afraid of dying, the satisfaction of beating a certain boss/area after dying a lot is half the fun.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch