Hacking Data Management -> SD Card = FREEZE!!

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason, when I go to Data Management ->Save Data -> Wii -> SD Card my Wii will freeze.
Loading games from the SD Card via the SD Menu works fine.
I tried formating the SD Card completely but no change. If I have no Card in the slot and go to the SD Save menu it will also freeze. I tried another SD Card and same issue.
It was working earlier today. The only difference is that now I have cIOS 222.

I was on 3.2E, updated to 4.0 using Waninkoko's Updater.

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I downgraded to 3.2E and no SD Card Save problem, so I transfered back all my saves to my Wii, Upgraded again using the Ultimate System Menu 4.0 thread tutorial. Same problem, Wii will freeze if I try to access saves stored on SD Card.
Can anyone check if they have the same problem? Its not really an issue for me right now as all my saves are on my Wii, but in the future I'd like this to be fixed!

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes, i do have this problem to, maybe it could be something that nintendo did so no one could be able to manage the saves files on the SD

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
air2004 said:
i installed cios60 before i used wani's updater , i read somewhere thats what needed to be done first

Hmmm I did it the other way around following that guide, I'll try a downgrade/upgrade in the morning.
I assume you dont have the problem

feidhlim1986

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did a quick downgrade to 3.2E using cIOS Downgrader, Sd Card Save working.....ran cIOS Rev9....ran IOS60 updater saying NO, YES, YES, NO to the options. Ran Waninikoko's 4.0 Updater and SD Save freezing again.
angry.gif

I now think I'm gonna virginize my Wii tomorrow. Can every IOS ABOVE 200 be deleted? I'm planning on restoring my Wii to 3.2E with completely no hacks done.

SwitchNOW

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have the same probelma the wii freezes when I go in the settings of the sd card °_______°

help me °_°

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was on 3.2E too, and updated with the Updater, and then installed+patched IOS60. I have no problems... So, anyone an idea to solve this problem?

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem when I upgraded to 4.0u but would freeze when loading the disc image to the disc channel and just freeze at random times.. Then I downgraded back to 3.2u and the problem was still there. The problem did not go away until I reinstall preloader .28 and got rid of .29.

Apekop

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fringle said:
I had the same problem when I upgraded to 4.0u but would freeze when loading the disc image to the disc channel and just freeze at random times.. Then I downgraded back to 3.2u and the problem was still there. The problem did not go away until I reinstall preloader .28 and got rid of .29.

guess the downgrade left some IOS on your wii which the preloader was set to activate. Im thinking a proper cios60 may fix your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3