Gaming Dead Nation LIKE Games? (or offline/online co-op titles)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm addicted to Dead Nation. I love the offline co-op. I am looking for more games that are just like it. So far I have been recommended Alien Breed: Impact and Zombie Apocalypse. I'm grabbing Alien Breed now but I was cusious if the 2nd and 3rd game were worth playing? Has anyone played Zombie Apocalypse? I was told it wasn't as good as Dead Nation.

Any more recommendation of this style of top down shooting hack and slash arcade fun? offline co-op is a plus!

===edit===
isometric/overhead, hack & slash, arcade action adventure type games with online/offline co-op play for sale on PSN.

[*]Alien Breed: Impact[*]Alien Breed 2: Assault[*]Alien Breed 3: Descent[*]Dead Nation[*]Dungeon Hunter: Alliance[*]Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime[*]Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light[*]Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3[*]Zombie Apocalypse

-Another World

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thanks for that suggestion. i checked some vids and it looks fun.

there has to be more games out there like this other than dead nation, alien breed (1-3), zombie apocalypse, and Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3.

anyone else have more suggestions?

thanks!
-another world

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IIRC they're welcome back package games, so SCORE.

They're the only two I don't already own (legit, not everyone pirates console games) so I'm getting one or maybe the other.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i picked up dungeon hunter: alliance today using a psn+ discount (30 free days, cool!). its really fun. you can jump into 4 player online games at any time or host one of your own. there is also 4 player local play. its a hack and slash fantasy game with a bunch of weapons, armor, upgrades, etc. graphics are nice, sound is nice. i'd recommend it.

i also found out about ghostbusters: sanctum of slime. it has that same over head view i'm craving (like dead nation) and 4 player online/offline co-op play.

i grabbed the demo of zombie apocalypse, its not very good. its a stripped down version of dead nation. its more of an arcade game. you use the left analog stick to shoot (basically holding it in 1 direction), guns pop-up as you play, zombies just attack. its ok but i don't think its worth what they are asking for it. i would consider it for 4.99 or less. its no dead nation, that’s for sure.

alien breed is pretty fun. i read that the 2nd game has a bug on level 3 where sometimes the girl unlocking doors will walk through a door and leave you there. the wiki article mentions that there is no way to start the level over and if this happens you might have to start the entire game from the beginning. i have no idea if they fixed this for the psn version. i'll still probably grab it and the 3rd game after i play the 1st one through.

lara croft and the guardian of light seems to fit the style of games i'm trying to play right now. its only 2-player co-op, but it looks really run. i'm not sure i'll do it unless it drops to 9.99.

i'm going to update the first thread with a listing of these type of games. isometric/overhead, hack & slash, arcade action adventure type games with online/offline co-op play for sale on PSN.

-another world

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
playstation magazine gave Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime a 3/10. they said its basically the same controls as zombie apocalypse, one stick moves and the other continually fires in the direction you press. the way they describe it, it reads like the reviewer found it much to repetitive and the controls to simple. with 4 players it might be fun. i'm just not sure its worth the price they are asking.

-another world

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Basically you want a top down twin stick shooter?
Other top down shooters are Novastrike and everyday shooter, I think they both involve ships and shmup elements though. Idk.

edit: Gatling Gears and Wanted Corp should be out soon :L

Edit 2: Theres also Red Faction Battlegrounds, which involves more cars.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
obito said:
Gatling Gears and Wanted Corp should be out soon :L

those two are what i'm talking about. the other 3 are the right type of game but i'm not that into vehicle combat right now.

QUOTE(phoenixgoddess27 @ Jun 7 2011, 03:01 AM) The only suggestion my little brother could give was Alien Breed.
He said Zombie Apocalypse was lame.
Sorry :/

your brother seems pretty smart =P

cheers,
-another world

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dead Nation was an extremely pleasant surprise. I downloaded it as my second Welcome Back choice (after inFamous) only because it looked slightly less unappealing than the other three. Turns out it's fantastic!

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Age of Zombies

It's a zombie killing mini, and boy, did I have fun with this, relatively short but excellent in terms of gameplay.

Been playing Dead Nation with my mate and we're on level 4 and got badly owned, so we quit to play a bit of Minecraft, lol.

We got in some glitch in level 2, everytime we walked at the start, it would d/c. We managed to fix it by: My friend walks to the weapon shop, then I walk past the checkpoint, it was the only way to prevent us from d/cing, pretty strange, huh?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Alien Breed: Impact is really fun. It seems that no one plays it online anymore. I've wanted to do some co-op but have had to do it locally. I guess that’s the downfall of older games, people stop playing them.

I picked up TMNT Turtles in Time. It’s really fun as far as co-op goes. It’s based on the arcade version so it’s missing some of the fun stages the SNES version had. They also removed two of the boss fights from what I can remember. I was able to beat it with 1 friend in about 30 minutes. It was really fun but not worth the price. It has some problems as well. You can not jump into an on-going online co-op game. So if you die or your PS3 loses connection you must start the entire game over with the online co-op partner. Not that this is much of an issue because no one is playing it online right now, lol. You can not have more than 1 local player join an online co-op game. We really wanted to play 2-3 local and find that 1 missing person to play the 4th turtle. The continue aspect is rather odd. If you lose all of your lives, you have to wait to see if the co-op partner(s) can beat the level. If they do then you can play with them on the next level. If they do not then you all must start over. For a game based on the arcade version you would think it would have unlimited continues (like popping in another coin).

I grabbed the DEMO of Lara Croft. It’s really fun, but I've already had a game stopping bug on the 1st play through. When trying to climb the big mechanical wall on the 1st level the screen went all blue and I had to reset the level and start over. With the bugs aside (and honestly it was only this 1 bug and only 1 time) its great fun and has that perspective that I was looking for when starting this thread. It feels like what GBA games would have evolved into if 3D gaming (I mean the perspective not the visual effect) hadn’t come along and ruined an entire new generation of gamers who can no longer find the fun in simple games like Pong and Frogger.

I guess this is starting to become more of a "what are good offline/online co-op games available on PSN" type of thread.

With that in mind I'll mention Outland, recommended to me by our very own pingpong. I grabbed the DEMO and had a lot of fun playing it. The actual game is more of the same but gets so much better as you develop more special abilities. Right now I'm recommending it (I'm about 1/2 way through) and I think it’s totally worth the $9.99 I paid for it. Anyone who likes the DEMO and/or likes platformers will enjoy the game. At times it reminds of N+ and I think it would have made a great DS title.

-Another World

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's a list of games i have that have offline co-op and/online

fat princess=sort of has 4 player co-op online and off but mostly it's better online... me and my step cousin were playing that all friday night. and he never it saw it before.

might and magic clash of heroes= it's got a tag team style of play but still good not sure if it has co-op online with the same system through

fatal fury=it has co-op and vs at the same time and has online also.

critter crunch= a cute puzzle game that has co-op if your a psn member you can try it for free.

castle crashers if you love beat em up's be my guest with this one you can have friends join you on the same system too for online...

rampage world tour. an arcade classic but it's a pain in the ass to beat all 130 level's at once... for both online and off... me and my step cousin did this for 2 hours and a half. trust once you beat it there's not going back

spelunker HD a cool co-op game that has six players online and 4 offline but sadly in both modes it has split screen...

the fancy pants adventures. if you like mario and sonic in co-op style setting check this one out

scott pilgrim vs the world. if you love river city ramsom and beat em ups this game is for you sadly no online co-op so get some couch buddies over

X-men. off the arcade classic six players online and offline...

earthworm jim. has co-op with up to 4 players online and offline it's decent and only worth going through once

gauntlet II this is a classic but sadly get's dull after a while plus the game desychened on me with someone a bunch of times 4 players online and off.

hard corps uprsing: if you don't know contra then shut the front door.

streets of rage 2 a beat em up classic that has co-op online and off what more can i say

1942 joint strike. a shump off of the arcade game and has two player online and offline co-op

bionic commando rearmed 1&2 offline co-op only but 2 you have to keep being on psn to play stupid capcom...

revenge of the wounded dragon. an offline side scorller co-op like double dragon maybe but not quote

shank. have not tried co-op of this but it's offline only...

gundeadlione gne a basic side scoller SHUMP. also offline

gundemnu recolecctiong same as above with more features

namco museum essentials only one co-op game and it's offline it's super xevious

digger HD a classic game with update looks a mix between dig dug and boulder dash so yeah i would check it out it's offline co-op and it's got 2 different modes for co-op

gunstar heros=no one loves this game has much but it's a sleeper hit. plays sort of like contra.

alpha mission II just like 1942 an over head SHUMP but you only get limted contuines...

metal slug same has contra but limited contuines

assualt heros' an over head shooter in cars and on foot check it out if you want i don't have much more info on it...

joust. an arcade classic you should know what that means

final fight double impact. also has magic sword which has a side scoller input... and the classic final fight also but sadly like bionic commando rearmed 2 you have to be signed in psn to play it

magic 2012 or magic duel of the planes walker. has offline and online co-op on the same system but it's based on card games so if you don't like those then just pass

little big plant= you should know what that is...

slam bolt scrappers a mix between puzzle and beat em up's... also only offline co-op

moon diver a cool side scroller like strider 4 player offline and online co-op

hoard. a stargey game with dragons i think it has online co-op play with 4 players and maybe off...

borderlands FPS with rpg elemts in it also 4 player online and offline

rocketmen aixs of evil an over head game with elments from differeretn games

tank battles has an offline co-op mode sort of like that tank game on wii play... online i'm not sure...

i hope this helps...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2 +1