Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
ds2a47_thumb.jpg
Shin Megami Tensei titles reward players who exploit enemy weaknesses with extra turns. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor stuck with this concept and its sequel, Devil Survivor 2, ups the ante with the "double extra turn" system. Hit a demon’s weak point once and you get a bonus attack. Do it a second time and you get another turn on top of that. Giving players two turns in a row should speed up battles.

While all demons in Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor drew skills from a common pool, Devil Survivor 2 changes the formula. This game has race specific skills so Jack Frost, for example, may have some attacks that Haunt can never learn.

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 comes out on July 28 in Japan and is slated for release early next year in North America.

ds2a41_thumb.jpg
ds2a42_thumb.jpg

ds2a43_thumb.jpg
ds2a44_thumb.jpg

ds2a45_thumb.jpg
ds2a46_thumb.jpg

ds2a48_thumb.jpg
ds2a65_thumb.jpg

ds2a49_thumb.jpg
ds2a50_thumb.jpg

ds2a51_thumb.jpg
ds2a61_thumb.jpg

ds2a62_thumb.jpg
ds2a63_thumb.jpg

ds2a52_thumb.jpg
arrow.gif
Source

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's kind of interesting... But couldn't that break the game?

"Oh, I can cast Agni. Oh hey, extra turn! Agni again. More extra turns! Agni AGAIN. Dead."

Okay, maybe not game breaking, but kind of overpowered.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

"Oh, I can cast Agni. Oh hey, extra turn! Agni again. More extra turns! Agni AGAIN. Dead."

I highly doubt it. Not every demon has a weakness, and I doubt they'll let you stack double extra turns.

But the game looks good! I can't wait till it hits U.S shores.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
If they make it so enemies can get extra turns by hitting your weak points too it'll be fair.
biggrin.gif
I think they do, don't they?

I haven't played the first in quite a while, so I can't be certain. And it let enemies get double extras...

biggrin.gif

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Meh, I didn't like the 1st game. I hope this one has better features other than the double extra turn.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
the only reason i can think of as to why people didn't enjoy the game is probably because they're not into strategy games in general.

i for one think the first title was awesome, and i enjoyed it very much.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:

That's what happens in Persona 3 and 4.
tongue.gif
Hit the enemy, knocked down. then dazed, if it's still alive. I have gotten up to 4 attacks in a row.
yaypsp.gif

I am looking forward to this. I agree with Windaga; it'll probably stay balanced (Atlus knows how to make difficult games, after all >_>).

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Slyakin said:

That's what happens in Persona 3 and 4.
tongue.gif
Hit the enemy, knocked down. then dazed, if it's still alive. I have gotten up to 4 attacks in a row.
yaypsp.gif

I am looking forward to this. I agree with Windaga; it'll probably stay balanced (Atlus knows how to make difficult games, after all >_>).
And with the Press Turn system in Nocturne. As long as you kept hitting weak points, you kept getting extra turns. Of course, what's good for the goose is good for the gander, so it worked for the enemies as well. However, the enemy AI is markedly worse at hitting weak points, so it does come with a slight advantage to the player, especially if he's willing to nova to get these extra turns, or if the enemy has a handy weakness, like Physical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi