Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it will say that the software is corrupt if you try launching a game without hencore. it will most likely give an error that starts with a six and is only four or five numbers long, so it's not a C- error that's common iirc.
Mine gives a corrupt error
do I have to connect to pc? or just vita solo
Just run from the vita itself. The hencore app will always be there and will always launch. You only have to do the PC stuff once

Reactions: WOOO1234

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o ok I thought I had to do computer thing everytime hahaahaha. that's y I was hesitant lol. also qmca???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

0.4.1 the latest version of qmca???

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
o ok I thought I had to do computer thing everytime hahaahaha. that's y I was hesitant lol. also qmca???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

0.4.1 the latest version of qmca???

Nah it is tethered method just that you have to rerun H-encore on the vita every time it cold boot

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
do I have to connect to pc? or just vita solo
If you mean running H-encore after you install it, no, you don't need to connect your Vita to your PC every time you boot it and try to run H-encore.

It's basically this:
  1. Turn your Vita on.
  2. Open the bubble called H-encore
  3. Wait a fraction of a second for it to load.
  4. In the menu that appears select the option called "Install HENkaku"; aditionally select the option called "Download Vitashell" though you only need to do this once ever. After you install Vitashell for the first time this option is not needed.
  5. Wait a fraction of a second for it to finish
  6. Now select the option called "Exit"
  7. The bubble will close automatically
  8. Now go and play some of the games/plugins/whatever you have installed, or you can open Vitashell to start copying things like that to your Vita
  9. Turn off your Vita
  10. Repeat from #1
As you can see, every time you turn off your Vita you will need to run the H-encore bubble and select the "Install HENkaku" option. It takes around 5 seconds to do it. Once you do, every homebrew, plugin and pirated game you have on your Vita will work.

do you have a link to qcma? also should I still setup dns settings just by chance a new update comes out? also do I have to connect vita to my psn account and set up vita/ make sure everything works?
Google is your friend, my friend: https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

With QCMA you don't really need DNS settings to avoid updates. QCMA has an option called "Offline Mode" that avoids the update prompt. Also, your Vita has the option to disable automatic update download, which you should obviously disable.

Just follow the tutorial link I posted. Get yourself familiar with QCMA and check how it works. After that install H-encore following the tutorial. It's really easy and some people have already made tools that simplify even more the process, so you won't be dealing with command line instructions and the like if those are hard for you.

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I downloaded qcma and way to setup config or use as is?
In settings menu choose:
  • CMA Protocol Selection: Latest
  • Use this version for updates: FW 0.00 (Always up-to-date)
  • Check the "Offline Mode" box
  • Check the "Ignore local file psp2-updatelist.xml on update folder" box
  • And obviously, setup your folders in the places you want them. Like, the photo folder, the game folder, the system backups folders, etc.

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as for setting up folders any suggestions? I don't care about music,photo,video for now. should I just leave everything folder wise?(is it covered in guide?)

WOOO1234

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah but that's not the case cuz I got screwed. so trying to make the best of it. lol make mine a 3.60 for me??? hahahahahahahahaha

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
as for setting up folders any suggestions? I don't care about music,photo,video for now. should I just leave everything folder wise?(is it covered in guide?)
If you don't care about those, you can ust skip them. QCMA has the option of ignoring those folders in the Settings menu.

The only folder you would need is the folder for games. That's where you will be placing the files for the exploit, and you will also need the name of the folder that contains it (this is done by QCMA itself).

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so is ftp the same thing as qcma? just a way to transfer files?
Nope. QCMA is the app that makes backups of your Vita content. You also need it for the exploit (the part about getting the name of a certain folder made by QCMA).

FTP is a protocol. Vitashell has an FTP feature that makes your Vita able to connect wireless to a PC client like Filezilla.

They are not the same.

Also, while FTP is "comfy" to transfer files because it's wireless, sometimes it suffers from issues, like copying things wrong or corrupting some files (like raw save files). Besides, the Vita is horrible with the speed it can achieve via wifi. You can transfer things faster by using your USB connection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1