Hacking Deleting all homebrew from my Wii

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I need to send my Wii in to Nintendo for repair tomorrow (thread here), so I need to delete all of the homebrew from my Wii. I've gone through and deleted everything but the homebrew channel. I got rid of Gamma with WAD Manager, uninstalled DVDx with its own uninstaller, and got rid of cIOS 249 with AnyTitle Deleter.

The problem is that my gameplay logs still have the Backup Channel and the Homebrew Channel in them. Is there a way to get rid of that? Do I even need to? Will Nintendo even look at it or care?

Also, I launch AnyTitle Deleter through the Homebrew Channel. I need to delete the Homebrew Channel with AnyTitle Deleter. Is it safe to do that since I lauched it from the Homebrew Channel? When you press home in AnyTitle Deleter, it takes you back to the Homebrew Channel. That is a problem if I just deleted it. Should I just hold down the power button on my Wii to turn it off so that it doesn't try to go to the Homebrew Channel?

Chemical_Warfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my guess is that it will code dump if you try going back to the now-deleted hombrew channel, retarting your wii manually should be fine, but id wait for more confirmation.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use the zelda twilight princess game to launch the hack and to run any title deleter to delete anything that needs to be deleted....
Then to get rid of that log data just run a system format!

and your done!
-kitt050383

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
Use the zelda twilight princess game to launch the hack and to run any title deleter to delete anything that needs to be deleted....
Then to get rid of that log data just run a system format!

and your done!
-kitt050383

running a system format actually only makes a permanent log, instead of getting rid of any traces.
check out wiibrew.org

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Did some reading an I stand by the fact that system format to get rid of the logs works... It only backs up your old wii number and shop data not your play logs and all installs...

Original statement:
QUOTE said:
I stand corrected... Thanks noobwarrior7 I will check that out... And make a note of it....

-Kitt050383

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want to do a system format anyway. Running anytitle deleter from the Twilight Hack seems fine. But how will I get rid of the gameplay logs?

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I won't worry about it then.

Sorry, just remembered I don't have a Zelda TP disk available. Gave it back to my friend I was borrowing it from. I have to delete the HBC through the HBC. Can I just hold down the power button when I'm done?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matt93 said:

Sorry, just remembered I don't have a Zelda TP disk available. Gave it back to my friend I was borrowing it from. I have to delete the HBC through the HBC. Can I just hold down the power button when I'm done?

yes, you mean anytitle deleter? that works fine, just did it the other day, you might actually have to pull the power cord, I can't remember.

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
Matt93 said:

yes, you mean anytitle deleter? that works fine, just did it the other day, you might actually have to pull the power cord, I can't remember.
I'll go try it now...

Matt93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked fine. My Wii is now homebrew free. I just put all my transferable saves onto my SD card, transfered my Miis to my remotes, and now its packed up in a box ready to be shipped. Thank you all for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo