OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi folks.

Hope you're doing great.

It happened this morning : My beloved ps4 (9.00 Goldhen ) asks really hard for an update (11) .

Apparently didn't take enough precautions by disabling automatic update via xmb.

Is there a directory where those nasty update files are stored to get them the hell out of my sweet ps4 ?

I've looked on forums to find a way to prevent update but found a shitpile of obscure advices and solutions.

Nowadays is there a "keep it simple stupid" solution to keep away my sweet ps4 from SONY's nasty plans to break it ?

Thank you very much for any help.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi folks.

Hope you're doing great.

It happened this morning : My beloved ps4 (9.00 Goldhen ) asks really hard for an update (11) .

Apparently didn't take enough precautions by disabling automatic update via xmb.

Is there a directory where those nasty update files are stored to get them the hell out of my sweet ps4 ?

I've looked on forums to find a way to prevent update but found a shitpile of obscure advices and solutions.

Nowadays is there a "keep it simple stupid" solution to keep away my sweet ps4 from SONY's nasty plans to break it ?

Thank you very much for any help.

Did you setup update blocker and DNS?

spinzer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm afraid nope.

I thought disabling via xmb was sufficient. I was wrong.

For now i still have goldhen launched and can of course follow any howto but i don't want to mess with some forced update reboot.

EDIT : I checked the update directory it looks empty :

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-11-07 17-24-31.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-07 17-24-31.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 27

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid nope.

I thought disabling via xmb was sufficient. I was wrong.

For now i still have goldhen launched and can of course follow any howto but i don't want to mess with some forced update reboot.

You have to remote in and delete the update files, if it still nag you about update after deleting you might have to factory reset while you are still on 9.00

spinzer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
delete the update files

Sure when can i find those nasty files ?
Post automatically merged:

Factory reset ? I mean i need to backup all my saves etc ... , will my external usb hdd still works ? will i need to do jailbreak again ? That's not what i want.

Do you mind sharing a link to a well documented and detailed procedure please ?
Post automatically merged:

I've just found this very tiny little portion of cleartext here :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps4-exploit-guide.497858/

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-11-07 18-01-59.png
    Screenshot from 2023-11-07 18-01-59.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 29
Last edited by spinzer0,

Maximo101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That blows...
I remember deleting an update file on my ps4 several years ago, but I don't remember exactly how I did it. sorry. It wasn't very clear and I fumbled with it for a while before succeeding.

I leave my ps4 in standby and have since blocked it from connecting to the internet via my routers address. I am going to try to self host the hack on a LILYGO dongle.

Otherwise, if you use AlAzif, you no longer have protection by way of the DNS rerouting. You need another method.

spinzer0

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I finally deleted the PS4UPDATE.PUP.temp.net and the PS4UPDATE.PUP directories in the /update directory.

it's directories apparently not files.

I don't have annonying update message again.

Reactions: Maximo101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids