Hacking Did i bricked my Nintendo 2DS XL?

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there Guys,

first of all i wanna excuse my bad english im just a german 3DS Noob :(.

Unfortunately i think that i bricked my 2DS XL let me explain why i think so. I formated my 2DS XL because i had some problems with nds data and so on. After that i thought i have to completly reinstall cfw. I formated also my SD Card and downloaded the data i need to install cfw. Now everytime i wanna start my 2DS XL i get the error ARM11 so i researched on yt and other sides. I found a video where u can fix that if u download a datapack and install it via godmode9 menu. So i followed the instruction step by step but the godmode9 menu cannot find my SD Card and i didnt find any other solution for my problem.

I already tried to recover data from my SD Card but i just can recover some dumb png files nobody needs.

So here is the big question: Does i bricked my 2DS XL?

Im appreciating any answers i get.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like GodMode is trying to boot some payload it can't find. You don't sound bricked by any means, but you may have to do some legwork to get yourself back. Fortunately it probably is no more than formatting and putting select files on the SD card.

First thing that comes to mind: How did you format your SD card? What file system did you format it to? if it was a windows quick format, you probably did exFAT and you probably need FAT32 instead.

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It sounds like GodMode is trying to boot some payload it can't find. You don't sound bricked by any means, but you may have to do some legwork to get yourself back. Fortunately it probably is no more than formatting and putting select files on the SD card.

First thing that comes to mind: How did you format your SD card? What file system did you format it to? if it was a windows quick format, you probably did exFAT and you probably need FAT32 instead.
thx for ur answer!

yeah i formated the SD Card via windows quick format and exFAT can this cause any problems?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
thx for ur answer!

yeah i formated the SD Card via windows quick format and exFAT can this cause any problems?
Yeah. Fairly certain 3DS can't read exFAT, at least not Godmode9. You'll want to reformat to FAT32. You may have to download software for that to be done successfully. Try replacing the files after it's FAT32.

Cheezball420

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah. Fairly certain 3DS can't read exFAT, at least not Godmode9. You'll want to reformat to FAT32. You may have to download software for that to be done successfully. Try replacing the files after it's FAT32.
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH

The problem was really the way how i formated my SD Card im so dumb haha now anything works fine much much apreciate man! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was listening to the Ice T Iceberg CD other day, good stuff
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i concur
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    power is my fave tho, masterpiece
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on that new ll album
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    steve miller band got me into rock from folk and country
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    fly like an eagle
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys ever heard of group out of detroit called "Top Authority"? They were good too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess this is the power of genres they make you talk about other artists
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    What are you guys talking about?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hamsters
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People that do drugs
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I been listening to a f-ton of jrock and jpop lately
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    mainly a lot of go!go! and cibo matto
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lil' hamster yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Big hamster yawn
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop stealing his sayings
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, svebe
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sometimes when I poop I just think that's it?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The worst is when its a dry poop, then you spend 20 minutes and ha!f a roll of TP wiping. Its like wiping TP over a magic marker, just won't stop showing.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, or diarrhea
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shit: is :shit: +1