astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed Senra Kagura Burst this morning to my micro SD card. I'm using a Patriot 64 gb card, and an a9lh + Luma3DS n3DS.

I tested out the card and it can be read by the computer, and it shows all the icons on the 3DS, but as soon as I try loading any app/program, I get the message "the SD card has been removed".

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe?...try another SD card. If you don't have one see if windows can find any errors. If not then backup data and format with with fat32formatter.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About a month ago my micro sd card completely crapped out on me. I don't quite understand why, I can think of only one of 2 things that had happened, I ejected the card from computer without right clicking eject, however this is a practice I've been doing for years, and I never had anything just stop working entirely because of it. And the only other thing I can think of was that I was particularly sweaty that night when I was moving it from the computer to the 3DS and its possible the sweat infiltrated the contacts. I mean I can't imagine that would destroy a microsd card, but it completely stopped working, whether I put it in my 3DS, my computer, or my phone, it just died. After about a year and half of service. Doesn't sound like the same issue as your card still works in other places than the 3DS, but I guess my point is, from first hand experience, treat your sd cards (micro or otherwise) well, be sure to take the extra time to properly eject it and try not to get it dirty. I was careless with mine and it cost me my micro sd card (and a lot of time building back up my library with the missing games (it had been a long time since I had made a backup of the sd card)), but next time it could be something worse. Also make backups regularly people, if you have a lot of content anyway.

The one silver-lining to it all, I only just the other day replaced the Micro SD card, meaning I wasn't playing my A9LH 3DS in all that time, and when Pokemon Sun and Moon leaked I would have downloaded it right away, and I likely would then in turn have ended up getting banned from online on my 3DS entirely. So my folly may have saved my ability to keep playing online on my 3DS, so its not all bad haha.

Last edited by duffmmann,
Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
duffmmann - I've had a similar thing happen to me with my original 3DS. I was playing Fantasy Life and the SD card started throwing up similar errors (the SD card was removed) while trying to save. The thing is that my 3DS was not hacked at the time, and so I lost my save - I was this close to becoming "God-like" in all my abilities/jobs. Was the reason I went full cfw later because I wanted a way to preserve my saves.

Reactions: duffmmann

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?