Hacking Did the GBA and SNES emulators made it in? Anyone knows?

El Dimentio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been following this but I have been waiting for it to be released because originally they had plans to make a GBA and an SNES emulator in it using the extra CPU power and RAM... But then I heard someone say they dropped the SNES emulator, is this true? Does anyone know for certain or is it still too early?

Thanks!

House Spider

In the GBAtemp attic.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net
XP
Country
El Dimentio said:
I haven't been following this but I have been waiting for it to be released because originally they had plans to make a GBA and an SNES emulator in it using the extra CPU power and RAM... But then I heard someone say they dropped the SNES emulator, is this true? Does anyone know for certain or is it still too early?

Thanks!
ShopTemp mentions it in the features list so I think it isn't dropped, I wouldn't care though, it's not Mega Drive.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoever told you they dropped it was a liar. Their emulators are actually all done. Now they're just producing the flashcards so they can sell them a little later on from now. They had a bug (it wouldn't ruin the flashcard, but they wanted it to be perfect), but that was fixed a couple weeks ago. It's on its way!
biggrin.gif

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5638-1-1.html

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-5718-1-1.html

Read the first posts of those topics.

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't care if they dropped Snes emulation. Snes games were meant to be played on a big tv, and my wii can already do that. Maybe for some it will affect their decision, but not me.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
JPhantom said:
anyone know if you can play gbc and gb games on it
There's no SCDSTwo specific emulator, but you can surely use Lameboy.

Also...the features list on Shoptemp lists SNES emulation, so I'm sure it's still in.

silly_z45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if its on shoptemp im more inclined to say its in and maybe they haven't mentioned it since announcing is because it ran perfectly from the get go unlike the gba.

good snes emulation =
wub.gif

and im sure more than a few would be disappointed if they didn't have a snes emulator

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
JPhantom said:
was wondering if the gba emulator played them like the original gba or if it just played gba games
It's a GBA emulator. It would require emulation of completely different CPU and hardware to emulate the GB and GBC. The GBA can play those games because it has all of the actual hardware in the system itself. The original DS and DS Lite (I think) have at least the Gameboy's sound generators, you know...for that 8-Bit synth, but I'm pretty sure they don't still have the GB's CPU and other hardware.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I buy it or not. Is all going to depend on its SNES emulator.
With the usage of its extra processor power, then Super Mario RPG might be playable and if that works. Then it will be a near perfect SNES emulator.

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
Killermech said:
With the usage of its extra processor power, then Super Mario RPG might be playable and if that works. Then it will be a near perfect SNES emulator.

Maybe, but I doubt it. Super Mario RPG made use of the SA-1 chip which shares a similar clock speed to the original SuperFX chip and basically amounts to a upgraded version of the main snes processor. I can't see how it could be emulated and playable even with the added power.

El Dimentio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want SNES emulation mostly just for the tons of Super Mario World hacks (and a few other games, of course)... What's really the most important to me is the GBA emulator.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lawl, I just want to be able to play Earthbound on the go. Since Mother 2 was GBA but only in Japanese and the layering problems in SnemulDS make it hard to play/enjoy.

kenpachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preordered 1 from shoptemp. The GBA emulation is cool but nowhere near as exciting as a working snes emulator. I'd die for a legit working snes emulator on my DS... I mean, heck I'm stoked for the GBA emulation on it, and the video processor is awesome, essp since I'm about to buy a XL, but man... a working snes emulator... it's like a dream. The emulators previously have all be trash, 99% of the games didn't work worth crap, all pixelated and messed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow