Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Wii gaming is fine but for GC gaming I always get a black screen, not even the splash screen shows up so I went back to DML 2.2, I so wanna get USB support to work for me I'm sick of having to copy each game from the HDD to the SD everytime I wanna play something!
Have you tried another USB device, like a USB stick? Just trying to figure out if it is your drive or drive controller that is causing the incompatibility.

I tried my SanDisk Flash Drive and gave me the same result!

marck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea what sonic said mine dont work i have onepartition thats fat32 32kb thats active and the other is wbfs. when i launch it it blinks twice ,pause from blinking,stop blinking for 5 seconds,then turn on i dont know whats wrong .

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Same thing happens to me as marck said, the hard drive blinks a couple of times then it freezes on black screen, and no splash screen either!

Anyway I still can't get PSO to run either, I formatted it to DiskEx and I set all the settings as recommended but I get an error message that says "error disc cover open" can anyone help? :(

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what that app is about, that Crediar posted in twitter?
It's stands for "Finally Someone Made A Quick No Hassle Bullshit Free System Menu That Doesn't Take Ages To Boot!"

From what I can tell, it's a very crappy replacement for the System Menu that boots faster. It's basically just like if you set Priiloader to autoboot Wiiflow, if Wiiflow used a text interface and didn't support wbfs files.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's stands for "Finally Someone Made A Quick No Hassle Bullshit Free System Menu That Doesn't Take Ages To Boot!"

From what I can tell, it's a very crappy replacement for the System Menu that boots faster. It's basically just like if you set Priiloader to autoboot Wiiflow, if Wiiflow used a text interface and didn't support wbfs files.
Thanks.
I don't want to discount it prematurely but my preferred boot method is a modified ppcboot.elf that takes me directly into USB Loader GX, my loader of preference. The whole thing takes maybe 6 seconds and it's one of my favorite features of my setup. Of course, it was someone else that did this great mod (I think giantpune).

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Same thing happens to me as marck said, the hard drive blinks a couple of times then it freezes on black screen, and no splash screen either!

Anyway I still can't get PSO to run either, I formatted it to DiskEx and I set all the settings as recommended but I get an error message that says "error disc cover open" can anyone help? :(

Don't use DiscEX format.
Also you may verify your ISO file first.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/331497-dios-mios-phantasy-star-online-i-ii-functionality/page__view__findpost__p__4361288

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Crediar got a replacement hard drive yet? If not can someone who talks to him ask him how many more $$ (or euros) he needs? Then PM me please.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is there a guide on Uninstalling Dios Mios Lite so I can try to reinstall?
- USUALLY, you can just install a new version over the top of an old version will do the trick.
- IF you just want to be sure, the programs you use to install the WAD in the first place usually have an UNINSTALL option, too. You can use the WAD for the new version OR the old version your replacing to uninstall. Both will tell it how to uninstall correctly.
- If you want to uninstall but DON'T want to re-install, just install a clean MIOSv10 over the top of it and you should be fine. (That's what was there before DM(L) and you can get the WAD with ModMii.).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
IT WORKS!!! OMG Dios Mios finally works for me, I finally got USB loading to work XD

If there's no splash screen it's a drive detection problem.
Try another HDD or HDD adapter/enclosure if you are using one, even a flash drive.

Sorry to bother you again man but I wanted to saythat I got DM USB to finally work, turned out the problem was the HDD not being compatible with DM, I took the risk and switched to my own personaly LG 500GB and it seems to work fine loading right from the Hard Drive, I'm gonna have to do more testing when I finish transferring all the games to the other hard drive though, I do have one question regarding Phantasy Star Online though, now I finally got a working NTSC-U iso converted to GCReEX format and it works just fine with DML Booter, however when I try to load with GX right after the splash screen the game crashes with a black screen, I guess it's just the settings though so I was wondering if you can recommend the corerct settings for the gameto load with USB-Loader GX since I prefer to play all my games using GX, thanks!

I have no experience in Hard Drives, but I belive mine is this one http://www.walmart.c...indingMethod=rr however I'm still not sure if it's not compatible or if I'm just doing something wrong because in every other way the hard drive works just fine including copying GC isos to the SD and I JUST tried Dios Mios USB recently so it could be that I did something wrong.

Man this really sucks, I was looking forward USB compatibility but now the image is fading away, any help for getting this to work will be greatly appreciated :(
Can you run a search for Toshiba Canvio and see if other people have had similar problems/solutions?
It's so weird that you don't get the splash screen. It suggest the problem might not even be the drive. I wonder if you need a clean BC or that sort of thing.

Sorry to inform you buddy but looks like the problem is with the Toshiba HDD not being compatible with DM, I finally got it working using an LG HDD but I still need to do some testing after I'm finished transfering all the games to the other HDD which may take some time, if you haven't bought the Toshiba HDD yet then I recommend waiting and asking around because it seems to me Toshiba products may not be compatible with DM!

Is there a guide on Uninstalling Dios Mios Lite so I can try to reinstall?
- USUALLY, you can just install a new version over the top of an old version will do the trick.
- IF you just want to be sure, the programs you use to install the WAD in the first place usually have an UNINSTALL option, too. You can use the WAD for the new version OR the old version your replacing to uninstall. Both will tell it how to uninstall correctly.
- If you want to uninstall but DON'T want to re-install, just install a clean MIOSv10 over the top of it and you should be fine. (That's what was there before DM(L) and you can get the WAD with ModMii.).

With all due respect I don't recommend uninstalling the wad file cause this may pretty much harm your wii, just install a clean MIOSv10 and you should be fine!

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone is interested I converted a F-Zero GX (NTSC-U) AR code to .gct to make the game save valid for use with DIOS MIOS 2.2, it works with both real memory card and NMM.

If using real MC restore the gci file to ANY memory card (I use ctr-gcs to export and import gci files), copy the GFZE01.gct (provided in the download link) file in the same folder GFZE01 where the game.iso was copied. Plug the MC in solt-A and start the game, no more corrupted file message from now on.

For NMM first extract the F-Zero GX gci file and use gci2nmm by crediar, after conversion a folder named GFZE8P is created, inside there are two files f_zero.dat and stats.bin, then ONLY rename the folder to GFZE01 and copy the renamed folder and its contents to the "saves" folder in your USB/HDD device ("saves" is the folder NMM creates to store gamesaves if the game has the compatibility to work with NMM).Copy the GFZE01.gct as the same instructions above. Start the game and as expected there's no corrupted file message.

Download link gct cheat code for F-Zero GX

https://anonfiles.co...18dd9cc1065ea5f

Reactions: 1 person

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With all due respect I don't recommend uninstalling the wad file cause this may pretty much harm your wii, just install a clean MIOSv10 and you should be fine!
Uninstalling with the method Maxternal described has no risk..

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to inform you buddy but looks like the problem is with the Toshiba HDD not being compatible with DM, I finally got it working using an LG HDD but I still need to do some testing after I'm finished transfering all the games to the other HDD which may take some time, if you haven't bought the Toshiba HDD yet then I recommend waiting and asking around because it seems to me Toshiba products may not be compatible with DM!
Alright! I'm glad you finally have a working setup.
Thanks for the warning. I might stay away from those drives.

If anyone is interested I converted a F-Zero GX (NTSC-U) AR code to .gct to make the game save valid for use with DIOS MIOS 2.2, it works with both real memory card and NMM.

If using real MC restore the gci file to ANY memory card (I use ctr-gcs to export and import gci files), copy the GFZE01.gct (provided in the download link) file in the same folder GFZE01 where the game.iso was copied. Plug the MC in solt-A and start the game, no more corrupted file message from now on.

For NMM first extract the F-Zero GX gci file and use gci2nmm by crediar, after conversion a folder named GFZE8P is created, inside there are two files f_zero.dat and stats.bin, then ONLY rename the folder to GFZE01 and copy the renamed folder and its contents to the "saves" folder in your USB/HDD device ("saves" is the folder NMM creates to store gamesaves if the game has the compatibility to work with NMM).Copy the GFZE01.gct as the same instructions above. Start the game and as expected there's no corrupted file message.

Download link gct cheat code for F-Zero GX

https://anonfiles.co...18dd9cc1065ea5f
This is just brilliant! It worked for me too, after zerofalcon showed me the light. Now I can move that savefile along with all the others to a big memory card and not have to worry about switching cards when playing, backing up, etc.
Also, it allows me to preserve it, since I can back it up knowing it will work on any card.
This is really, really cool.

Thanks!

lakaiskateboarding

Trophies
XP
Country
In the features list on the DIOS MIOS Google Code page it is written that you can reset the game by holding Z+R+Start. I tried this in Twilight Princess, but nothing happens. Does this feature not work yet or do you have to enable it somehow? I am using DIOS MIOS with PostLoader by the way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nuh, ancient boi would like that