Hacking DIOS MIOS (Lite)

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Quick question: Did Crediar change or remove the button combinations for resetting and quitting games in the latest versions? Because they stopped working for me ever since I upgraded to DM 2.6. They worked perfectly on DM 2.1 and previous versions (dunno if they work on the versions that came between 2.1 and 2.6, as I skipped them).

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Quick question: Did Crediar change or remove the button combinations for resetting and quitting games in the latest versions? Because they stopped working for me ever since I upgraded to DM 2.6. They worked perfectly on DM 2.1 and previous versions (dunno if they work on the versions that came between 2.1 and 2.6, as I skipped them).
Actually, there was always supposed to be an option you had to turn on to make those work ("padhook"). They still work now if you turn that option on. The thing is in the old version there was an error where they were ALWAYS on and ignored the option. I, too, thought it had been broken when they changed that ... but it's actually FIXED now and was broken before.

Reactions: GameGeek

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What are they?

GameGeek

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Actually, there was always supposed to be an option you had to turn on to make those work ("padhook"). They still work now if you turn that option on. The thing is in the old version there was an error where they were ALWAYS on and ignored the option. I, too, thought it had been broken when they changed that ... but it's actually FIXED now and was broken before.
Thank you, that worked!

What are they?
Edit: Ninja'd

When starting some gamecube games, the screen often freezes on a black screen, or the wii turns off, sometimes before and sometimes after the Dios Mios screen. Oftentimes it works fine, but when it does glitch up I have to reset everything and try starting the game again. I assumed this was a common problem but I'm having second thoughts now. Any ideas/fixes?
Sounds like your hard drive is incompatible, get a Western Digital brand and disable sleep mode (it maybe be the cause of your other problem that your hard drive goes to sleep mode, I had that too before) and you should be okay, off my experience Dios Mios loves Western Digital brands as much as Dios Mios Lite loves Sand Disk brands!
I use a WD and have the same problems. Do you know how to disable sleep mode on a WD Caviar Blue?

elconejotres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Anyone else's having trouble with 2 disc games on 2.8? one disc games work fine again but every 2 discs games on my hd give me a black screen is not a problem with my rips or my loader all work fine on 2.4 and 2.2

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh... Not quite exactly, there was a bugged version of 2.6 that didn't work the pad hook keys actually, at least if you run with USB Loader GX but it still worked fine with DML Booter, dunno if that was fixed or not but I upgraded to 2.8 when it came out and it works!

Which HDDs are compatible with this? Mine kinda died, figure I'll invest in a really big one.
Off my experience WD is really good with Dios Mios, ever since I upgraded to a 500GB WD HDD all my Dios Mios problems were gone (well except for known ones like incompatible games and audio streaming of course) but it's recommended to disable Sleep Mode first!

Thank you, that worked!

Edit: Ninja'd

I use a WD and have the same problems. Do you know how to disable sleep mode on a WD Caviar Blue?
Here follow these steps: http://wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/wdsmartware.asp?id=wdfGeneric&os=win
It's called "Smartware update" and is made by the official company, but make sure to back up your data first because it will erase the data for formatting purposes!

Reactions: GameGeek

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off my experience WD is really good with Dios Mios, ever since I upgraded to a 500GB WD HDD all my Dios Mios problems were gone (well except for known ones like incompatible games and audio streaming of course) but it's recommended to disable Sleep Mode first!

Well... here's the thing I want a specific set of model numbers that work right now, I'm thinking something in the 1-2TB range that doesn't need its own power supply.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else's having trouble with 2 disc games on 2.8? one disc games work fine again but every 2 discs games on my hd give me a black screen is not a problem with my rips or my loader all work fine on 2.4 and 2.2

Are they inside a folder with a GameID while named as game.iso and disc2.iso?

1daF4i1.png

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Excellent, there's one. Think 1TB is enough for every game ever made on GCN and Wii?
Nope, there's a guy here with a 2TD drive and a collection of over 1200 and that's just Wii games and he still has some more on other drives that don't fit on that one.

All GameCube games, on the other hand, sounds doable (as long as you don't include repeats from different regions) 1TB would be just about right, actually.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, there's one. Think 1TB is enough for every game ever made on GCN and Wii?
lol you'd need a ridiculous amount of space to hold that many games. 1TB is more than even the average user needs for most basic functions. There are too many shovel ware games on the wii anyway. I only have about 200 games and over half of them are shovel ware. GCN had about 90 or so good games ,so id say 1TB is a safe bet. Plus you can use the extra space for an EmuNAND or for classic game roms or whatever you want. Maybe media for WiiMC. I use mine for all of these things.

HomebrewEnthusiast109876

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol you'd need a ridiculous amount of space to hold that many games. 1TB is more than even the average user needs for most basic functions. There are too many shovel ware games on the wii anyway. I only have about 200 games and over half of them are shovel ware. GCN had about 90 or so good games ,so id say 1TB is a safe bet. Plus you can use the extra space for an EmuNAND or for classic game roms or whatever you want. Maybe media for WiiMC. I use mine for all of these things.
Nope, there's a guy here with a 2TD drive and a collection of over 1200 and that's just Wii games and he still has some more on other drives that don't fit on that one.

All GameCube games, on the other hand, sounds doable (as long as you don't include repeats from different regions) 1TB would be just about right, actually.

Well yeah, every game that really matters. I kinda wanna go 2TB just to have lots of extra space. I'm ONLY using this for Wii and Gamecube.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well yeah, every game that really matters. I kinda wanna go 2TB just to have lots of extra space. I'm ONLY using this for Wii and Gamecube.
To be honest i have more Wii games than GC games.
I also think there are more shovel ware GC games than my Wii collection.
Do not forget the Wiiware section.
The Wii easily has about 200 games Worth collecting.

lonewolf89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Sounds like your hard drive is incompatible, get a Western Digital brand and disable sleep mode (it maybe be the cause of your other problem that your hard drive goes to sleep mode, I had that too before) and you should be okay, off my experience Dios Mios loves Western Digital brands as much as Dios Mios Lite loves Sand Disk brands!
Eh... Not quite exactly, there was a bugged version of 2.6 that didn't work the pad hook keys actually, at least if you run with USB Loader GX but it still worked fine with DML Booter, dunno if that was fixed or not but I upgraded to 2.8 when it came out and it works!

Here follow these steps: http://wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/wdsmartware.asp?id=wdfGeneric&os=win
It's called "Smartware update" and is made by the official company, but make sure to back up your data first because it will erase the data for formatting purposes!

ahhh no wonder some games would turn off my wii when i start them (my HDD is a 2'5 fujitsu that I took outta my old laptop connected to an enclosure) gotta invest in a WD HDD then..i pray that once i connected to my other 3'5 enclosure doesn't cause problems

elconejotres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Are they inside a folder with a GameID while named as game.iso and disc2.iso?

Yeah of course is not a problem with my file structure or rips, is very weird yesterday I booted Tales of Symphonia just right then rebooted the WII and BAM!!! black screen again I suspect something in 2.6 and 2.8 make my HD fail because in 2.5 and 2.2 everything is fine

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah of course is not a problem with my file structure or rips, is very weird yesterday I booted Tales of Symphonia just right then rebooted the WII and BAM!!! black screen again I suspect something in 2.6 and 2.8 make my HD fail because in 2.5 and 2.2 everything is fine
What loader are you using and did you try testing on another harddrive or jumpdrive to see if it does that same thing?
I'm using USBLoader GX 3.0 r1209 with a FAT32 32K clusters formatted hard drive.
Tested right now Tales of Symphonia ripped from my original discs and it booted fine while using DIOS-MIOS 2.8
Disc switching also worked correctly as well with saves from disc 1 to disc 2 and vice versa.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?