Hacking DIOS MIOS (not DML) is back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want everyone to know that in fact i didnt release anything to the public, well not 100% true, I did share with a friend here and I told him not to make this public, I shared with him because he kept on bugging me to share after he had a play on the games at my house.

I did share with him and I feel sorry for what happened and I can see why everyone is mad at me.

The link was taken down by JJ-Kwik over at DU to minimize the damage, JJ did not know that it was crediars version.

Like JJ already mentioned to megazig it was a new account and the games came via pm.

I called my friend and was going to ask wtf he was into but he canceled the call.

So just think whatever you want about me, just sry about all what happened.

Now let the shit storm begin if you wish.
This is absolute bullshit. At some point this turned into a malicious act, with you at the helm. crediar has every right to be angry about a traitor stabbing him in the back. I will give you yet ANOTHER chance to fess up before I drive you into the ground.. because it's pretty fucking insulting that you thought we wouldn't figure this out.

In the interest of disclosure, I sent G0dLiKe this PM after the leak:
Please don't play stupid, just speak your mind honestly.
..Why?
He read the PM almost immediately after I sent it, and I received no response. After waiting a full 24 hours, I sent another, which he has made sure to ignore, despite being online here several times.
I would paste that PM as well, but it explains everything, and where's the fun in that? It can wait. Honestly I'd like to see if anyone else here is intuitive enough to put everything together. All the pieces are there and it's a pretty obvious puzzle, but I'll give you guys a little clue where to start.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's an idea... How about everybody drops it, and we all just forget it ever happened, not that many people got a hold of the leak, anyways. But, oh wait, this is the internet... dropping shit just doesn't happen. People just bitch and whine about something until they get what they want (see : Mass Effect 3). I'm gonna take a guess here and just say that by talking about it more and more, you're actually making the situation worse then t has to be. Kinda like committing a crime, and then talking about it continuously until you say something around the wrong person and you get thrown in jail.

But, of course none of this would make any sense to anybody, because after making tons of metaphors, I've realized that people on the internet are extremely bad at figuring them out... They need everything explained to them in easy to read statements. So, in the interest of this making sense to people that can't understand metaphors : Talking about something forever just leads to more and more problems, so it would be a good idea to just drop it.

Reactions: 1 person

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So did crediar take "donations" for access to the DM beta already? If so, now that he canceled it, that is basically stealing. I think that is a way bigger problem than a little leak.
I also really don't get why crediar got his panties in a bunch over it. By now everybody should know what happens if you give out a program. He should have known better.

If I was a cynical person I would say it was a scheme to drive "donations" up. Such controversy driving up donations wouldn't be unprecedented.

Reactions: 2 people

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he never took donations for people to get access to the beta, he took donations, then later decided to gift ppl who donated previously with the beta, there was never the implication that donating = you will get a beta.

sk0ld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Zero, the problem that I and other well adjusted adults have with that, is that the bad guy gets away with it. The bad guy in this instance is not sorry. He's sorry he got caught. Like a lot of people, he chose to lie a bit after being caught, and it makes it worse.
Metaphor isn't the correct word to use there either btw, but I see your point. I apparently have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of these boards, so I'll make it a little easier. Here's the second PM I sent g0dliKe. I would like him to see it, as he refuses to actually open it.
..Why?

You do know that silence can sometimes speak with the most volume, right? It's probably not the choice I'd have made in your shoes, but I can't ever see myself in that scenario either. I'm a much better person. The above question wasn't necessarily rhetorical, but I'm fine with this being a one way conversation as well.
You know the funny thing is, I blame myself for this. I knew exactly what you were up to when you linked to that video a while back, and I didn't intervene. I am able to sympathize until a line is crossed. This was a backstabbing.. which by the way, is not the greatest idea when you're known to be the only one holding a knife.

Either way, there's a storm coming. Every action has a consequence.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, he never took donations for people to get access to the beta, he took donations, then later decided to gift ppl who donated previously with the beta, there was never the implication that donating = you will get a beta.

k, must have misunderstood that. My bad.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So did crediar take "donations" for access to the DM beta already? If so, now that he canceled it, that is basically stealing. I think that is a way bigger problem than a little leak.
I also really don't get why crediar got his panties in a bunch over it. By now everybody should know what happens if you give out a program. He should have known better.

If I was a cynical person I would say it was a scheme to drive "donations" up. Such controversy driving up donations wouldn't be unprecedented.

This sounds a lot like what Martin Korth did when he asked for donations for no$gba. If I recall correctly, there were two versions, the most recent required a donation, the other, which was an older version, was free for anyone who didn't want to donate. Then one day, he disappeared and no$gba was no longer being programmed, meaning, he essentially took the money and ran. It was only until recently did he come out of hiding, it's just now he is working on Snes emulation. The only difference between Martin and Crediar are, Crediar actually explained his predicament, Martin Korth turned his tail and fled without so much as a warning. Whether Crediar releases Dios Mios or not, I don't know, but if he withholds it, it will indeed be a sad day for those who care about Crediar and his tireless efforts.

Zero Aurion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Zero, the problem that I and other well adjusted adults have with that, is that the bad guy gets away with it. The bad guy in this instance is not sorry. He's sorry he got caught. Like a lot of people, he chose to lie a bit after being caught, and it makes it worse.
Metaphor isn't the correct word to use there either btw, but I see your point. I apparently have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of these boards, so I'll make it a little easier. Here's the second PM I sent g0dliKe. I would like him to see it, as he refuses to actually open it.
..Why?

You do know that silence can sometimes speak with the most volume, right? It's probably not the choice I'd have made in your shoes, but I can't ever see myself in that scenario either. I'm a much better person. The above question wasn't necessarily rhetorical, but I'm fine with this being a one way conversation as well.
You know the funny thing is, I blame myself for this. I knew exactly what you were up to when you linked to that video a while back, and I didn't intervene. I am able to sympathize until a line is crossed. This was a backstabbing.. which by the way, is not the greatest idea when you're known to be the only one holding a knife.

Hmm.. I admit that I am not a well adjusted adult, I am one f*cked up 19 year old. But, that's what makes me who I am, and I'm just fine with that.
And if you're calling me an idiot just for confusing a word, then screw you.

And how do you know that g0dLiKe was lying? It was a different ip according to the people who got the pm that contained DM. If g0dLiKe was really trying to backstab you and crediar, if you think he was really trying to say "F*ck you". Don't you think he would do it by using his own ip, and his own account to leak it? If I'm not mistaken, he also has access to the google code pages. I believe if he really wanted to screw you two over, he would have leaked it there.

I know g0dLiKe from a different site he and I are on, and he did not seem like the guy to pull this kind of bs.

I just hope we can all get over this. It would really suck to see Dios Mios be completely stopped because of this. :(

Reactions: 2 people

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
guys, most of all @[member='sk0ld']: I did in fact get your first pm but I didnt know at this point what has happened therefor I didnt get what you want from me when I should speak my mind which is why i didnt reply.

Again all I can say is that I feel terribly sry for what has happened. Sharing with one of my pals was in fact a bad idea and I stand responsible for that, only for that not more not less.

I see that this was a mistake and I apologized, honestly.

Thanks to Zero Aurion for understanding the real situation.

All others who wanna hate me for making a mistake- go on.

Edit1: @sk0ld: I didnt get a second pm from you so maybe you wanna send it again.
Edit2: @crediar: I know you are reading here and all i can say is i didnt want this to happen, just sorry man.
Edit3: again @sk0ld: I saw your pm and replied. I didnt get the red envelope for whatever reason.

Reactions: 3 people

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I do not know how much my opinion counts, probably not at all, but I do not hate you. On the contraty, I would say cessation of development over a leak of something that was intended to be published after finalization anyway is the real dick move in here, a gross overreaction at least. So while the developers certainly merit all the credit in the world for their works, such reactions are tainting at least my view of them despite their impressive efforts. Now, there are valid reasons to quit development: Lack of funds, lack of time, heck, if one develops something for free, getting bored is a valid reason. But just pissing off communities... few "scenes" I have seen where this is happening as commonly as in Wii hacking. Sorry to say it, but if you have spent so much effort on your project, you do not just let it go for petty reasons like this.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
..Why?

Here is the reply I sent to sk0ld this morning.

would you please read the post i made in the dm thread, just fucked up bc I shared the triforce dml with a so called friend.

I explained what happened, I am a trustworthy man and i stand up to my word and I take responsibility for sharing with my friend but not more.

I found out what happened yday and the damage was minimized by jjkwik when he tooks the links down.

i feel like an a$$ for what happened.

Edit: and to be honest, its like Zero Aurion stated, when I wanted to say f*ck you and I wanted to release this I would´ve done it with my name and account, I wouldnt hide.

But yeah, anyways I live with my consequences for what has happened.

Reactions: 1 person

SteveBrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This sounds a lot like what Martin Korth did when he asked for donations for no$gba. If I recall correctly, there were two versions, the most recent required a donation, the other, which was an older version, was free for anyone who didn't want to donate. Then one day, he disappeared and no$gba was no longer being programmed, meaning, he essentially took the money and ran. It was only until recently did he come out of hiding, it's just now he is working on Snes emulation. The only difference between Martin and Crediar are, Crediar actually explained his predicament, Martin Korth turned his tail and fled without so much as a warning. Whether Crediar releases Dios Mios or not, I don't know, but if he withholds it, it will indeed be a sad day for those who care about Crediar and his tireless efforts.

why is he doing snes emulation? bsnes is already beter than he will ever code

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

why is he doing snes emulation? bsnes is already beter than he will ever code

Don't know, but he has an emulator called no$sns, which he charges for "donations" once more.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He went on Byuu's website (the dude who made Bsnes) and started flaming him, I believe. Martin plain and simply left without warning. Here's hoping Crediar continues it.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Imho DiosMios is dead anyway no matter if Crediar does continue coding it.

The thing is that he is willing to punish everyone (waiting or donating for DM) just to spite someone else.
And I for one don't want someone like that to have that power over me.
Fuck this childich games, walk away and wait for Devolution instead.

If he had lost interest in coding he could have simply posted the source and leave.
But that was not what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...