Dios Mios USB Simple Guide

As I have experienced reading the Dios Mios guide, it has missed out a few points which are important to it

As most people know you would download the dios mios wad from the main page and install it with something like Wadmanager 1.7

Installing Dios Mios 2.0 Wad

To install the wad you need to use Wadmanager 1.7 or any wad mananger which is best for you. When you install I reccomend that you uninstall Dios Mios Lite to make it a clean install rather than install over it. All you need to do then is select the Dios Mios wad file and install it. With that done its ready to use

Now for setting up the USB Drive

The Parition which is FAT32 must be the Active Primary parition on the hard drive because it needs to boot from it, using a parition mananger you should be able to rearrange the paritions hopefully
The Games need to be in a folder called Games or games on the root of the USB and must be extracted by using DiscEx (This can be found on the Dios Mios website) or
c204.gif
Cleanrip (Whichever tool is best for you works too).
Ii have found to be easier to do. (ISO'S will not work if they are just stuck in that folder, they must be extracted and kept in seperate folders)

It is important for it to be USB1: which is silly because no one says about it but this is important to know if it was not USB1: (As in the first partition)

I hope this helps you set it up and get it working easier.

Q: Why isnt it working on my USB Loader GX?
A: The latest USB Loader GX will only work with Dios Mios Lite still but if you download the latest beta it will work so long as the custom path is set up by going into the Custom Paths option of the Settings.

USB GC Path must be USB1:\\Games\ (if you select a folder inside the games folder it will only show that game rather than every one it is important to open the games folder though and select OK when inside it as this will be the root section where gamecube games are stored

Latest USB Loaders which work with Dios Mios 2.0 can be found by searching on Google or the forum

I know this out of having the issue myself and think this is important for anyone to know because it really helps with saving time and questions.

Reactions: AskaLangly

dragon_slayerxd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
install MIOS V10
Launch a retail GameCube Disc from the Disc channel (not from an USB Loader).
check if your controller works, It's usually enough to fix the problem.

Then, reinstall DIOS MIOS (Lite) and try again.

Hey have an issue I installed dios mios 2.10 not lite yet usb not showing games and ripping to my sd, and also not showing in the credits I reinstalled mios v10 ..What do I do? I only installed the wad, is there more? I downloaded of the code.google site.. What did I do wrong?
btw using usb loader gx, am I suppose to change the settings? btw thats why i meant the credits it usually shows but not this time...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which version of USBLoaderGX ?
if you use 3.0 r1180, then it's too old and it will not display/detect the version.
current latest loader's revision is 3.0 r1215.

If it's still not detected, maybe it's a problem caused by the method used to launch the loader.
If you launch from HBC : You need HBC 1.0.7+, and the correct meta.xml (you need the <no_ios_reload/> or </ahb_access> tag in the meta.xml)
If you launch from channel : you need a "ahbprot" channel. (do you have an old channel ? try installing the latest forwarder 5.1)
if you launch from priiloader : install the forwarder's boot.dol, not the loader's boot.dol, and place the loader's boot.dol in SD/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

dragon_slayerxd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oka
Which version of USBLoaderGX ?
if you use 3.0 r1180, then it's too old and it will not display/detect the version.
current latest loader's revision is 3.0 r1215.

If it's still not detected, maybe it's a problem caused by the method used to launch the loader.
If you launch from HBC : You need HBC 1.0.7+, and the correct meta.xml (you need the <no_ios_reload/> or </ahb_access> tag in the meta.xml)
If you launch from channel : you need a "ahbprot" channel. (do you have an old channel ? try installing the latest forwarder 5.1)
if you launch from priiloader : install the forwarder's boot.dol, not the loader's boot.dol, and place the loader's boot.dol in SD/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
y thanks when i download r1215 I put the boot, and elf in the usb loader gx file? also for the dios mios there is two one with NEEK DI and one without it, I downloaded the one without it does this matter?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS (Lite) : for Real NAND (intall the wad on your Wii using wad manager)
DIOS MIOS (Lite) neek : For Emulated NAND using Sneek or Uneek only.

for usbloaderGX, put the boot.dol in /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

dragon_slayerxd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DIOS MIOS (Lite) : for Real NAND (intall the wad on your Wii using wad manager)
DIOS MIOS (Lite) neek : For Emulated NAND using Sneek or Uneek only.

for usbloaderGX, put the boot.dol in /apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

okay thanks got it running also, do you know why my usb flash drive is a sandisk cruzer glider is not able to rip games other than in my cleanrip. is 32gb Is it because of the brand? it was able to before.

hanchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi Cyan, thanks for the response, apologize I nned another advice.
I tried to install RVL v10 MIOS using both wiigator and also wad manager v1.7 using IOS 249 successfully, but even after installing the MIOS WAD (and confirmed by starting the gamecube games via USB Loader GX said I need DIOS MIOS), I can't boot up the Gamecube games (original) from Disc Channel. The disc channel unable to detect my disc.

Even stranger, I notice that the Star Wars Rigue Squadron II works with my controller when I run it with DIOS MIOS, but no other games so far.
Maybe I will try to install DIOS MIOS WAD 2.2 again (the first version I had where all games seems to work) and try. Will post here afterward.

hanchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi. I managed to reinstall MIOS v10 and ran original game successfully, where the controller worked.
However, after re-installing DIOS MIOS, all games except Rogue Squadron II does not recognize the controller. Could it be related to region related issue? Or anything else I could try?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the controller issue is usually fixed by playing a retail game from Disc Channel (with MIOS v10).
You did play a game with the official MIOS, but it's still not working? I don't know what's wrong, sorry.

do you have an official wired controller?

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to change the partitions around? I set up my HDD years ago, first partition is WBFS and second partition is FAT32 where I had planned to put GB games. Am I screwed as far as using Dios Mios?

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks. Hopefully my games don't vanish, will try it later today. Will USB Loader GX still be able to load everything from what will now be two FAT32 partitions on the drive?

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is telling me that 44 WBFS sectors are used by 2 or more discs, 33 discs are invalid. If I convert to FAT32 will I lose all those games? I haven't had any problems playing them currently that I know of.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
what it means is that your WBFS partition is already corrupted. At best, on the 33 games, half are good. at worst, only one is good (the last you added).

when a game is stored on WBFS, it's written at different sectors on your HDD. each used sectors are "marked" by the game to prevent another game to overwrite it. When you delete a game, these sectors are not deleted but marked as "free to use".
WBFS is not stable, and it happens often that a sector is not correctly marked as "used", and another game added will overwrite a sector used by another game you still have.
When two games share the same sector, there's no way to tell which game own it. it's only marked as "used" by two different games.

You need to verify both games to see if their data are fully available (only the game added last should be fine, as it overwrote the previous game's data).

33 games were detected as using the same sector information as another game.
You need to check which games are "full" and correct, and delete the other ones (they are corrupted, even if they launch fine, at one time it will crash, freeze, bug, because of missing files/data).

To check the games, there are differents tools:
- wwt (part of wwt/wit), it's a command line program to analyze your partition.
- WiiBackupManager, a GUI program allowing you to verify the games on your partition. (Sha-1 option).

WBFS is not a stable format
FAT32 will prevent this from happening again ;)

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. I just used wwt to see which discs are a problem and am currently copying the games marked as errors over to my current FAT32 partition which has some room and then deleting the originals from the wbfs partition, so far most of them are copying over fine, a few won't copy and look to be corrupt, shame.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
don't copy from WBFS to FAT32, or you will ends with corrupted games on FAT32 too. (the corrupted one will stay corrupted)
Redump/re-use the original iso to put the game on FAT32.

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple corrupt ones wouldn't copy over with wii backup manager. they came up listed in red. the other ones seemed to copy over fine so I assume they aren't actually corrupt. If they are, there's not much I can do and am just out of luck.

MacGuffin3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK that wbfs 2 fat is a great little tool. I have 2 fat32 partitions now. Everything seems to look good except for a few corrupt games I lost.

Reactions: Cyan

randomplayer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the controller issue,The only problem is my wii drive dosent work at all.Is there any other way to get the controller to start working?

Wahad987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

First post here :).

I need help regarding playing games through usb hdd. I formatted it with 32kb cluster size (tried it with 16kb too) converted games, everything else is installed, game in "games" directory on the root of usb hdd and when i click on the game and start it just went black. Like it start loading and wont even show me splash screen of the game. Wii block and i need to hold power button to reset it.

I've tried it with all kinds of combination with my hdd and it still wont work, i really dont know why.

My portable hdd is Toshiba USB3.0 Canvio 500gb.

Any help?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Which version of everything did you use?
- DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS Lite? Which version?
- Which USBLoader ? Which version ?
- Which BC version ? (update to BC v6 if you have BC v4)
- Games are in which format? (Iso, compressed, extracted)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!