OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I removed the screws on my DS Lite, but I'm having trouble removing the housing. It opens from the bottom but at the top where the L/R buttons are and the hinges are, it won't disconnect.

Has anyone here opened their DS Lite before or does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you remember to peel back the serial no. sticker and remove the screw underneath?

edit:
I stand corrected. there isn't one under the serial number sticker, however there are 3 in the battery compartment section. one near the bottom (which you can see without removing the battery) and 2 underneath the battery. a total of 6 screws that need to be removed to separate the 2 halves of the lower casing.

Jinny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe there's one more in the battery compartment. Because on the back I only two screws(not incl the battery cover) and they are both on the left side. So there should be one under the battery near the L button. I am guessing cause I am not about to remove my battery just to find out.

Jinny

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so there's five of them?
I thought maybe three or four would be enough.

Also, once you remove the battery, will your personal information be all gone?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you will lose the following information from you ds/ds lite if you take out the battery for a prolonged period of time (30 seconds or more):
- your name
- the default background colour setting
- the current date and time
- your birthday

however, you will not lose your wi-fi settings and/or friend codes which are game specific.

after replacing the battery and turning your system back on, you will be prompted to re-enter the 5 above mentioned entries.

El Diablo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
z7.invisionfree.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Disassembling DS Lite?

Yeah, because thats really clever
rofl2.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
however, you will not lose your wi-fi settings and/or friend codes which are game specific.

So your wi-fi settings and/or friend codes are stored in the game cart itself?

actually the wifi settings are stored onto the DS'es firmware (thats why you need to have v4 (or is it v3?) or higher flashme to play wifi, because it uses some of the firmware to store the settings...)
the friend codes are stored on the cart
smile.gif

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any instructions on how to open the top half? i'm guessing there are screws under those little square covers next to the screen, but i'm not certain.

my problem is that the top screen is slightly tilted (poor build) and i'm wondering if i should take it back to TRU or just fix it. do i need a tri-wing screwdriver too?

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I didn't bother to open up the top half (didn't really see a need to). but, if you really want to tear the whole thing apart, you'll want to use something small and sharp like a pin or modeler's knife to lift out the 4 square adhesive-backed rubber pads on the inside of the panel to reveal the screws underneath.

just be sure and take your time so that you don't scratch, marr or otherwise cut the inside of the top panel since these rubber pads are recessed flush, and unlike the ones one the bottom, you don't have any gaps to work them out as easy. my guess is that they are all #00 philips screws just like the 2 located under the rubber pads on the bottom half.

Jesper64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thieves thanks for updating the position and colours of the SMD LEDs.
smile.gif
Just one little small correction and your guide will be perfect. There isn't an actual WiFi LED, the power LED just blinks if there is WiFi connectivity. The orange LED that you've listed as beign for WiFi is just the charging LED. Thanks again for a great guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one