Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This question has probably been asked a lot, but I've read the responses and they haven't been particularly helpful.

I've burnt a copy of Mario Kart two times, each different speeds and both using Verbatim 16x DVD-Rs.

First copy was 2x. It ran ONCE, then it gave me the Disc Can Not Be Read error next time I tried to load it. It never worked again. (Burnt with Nero)

Second copy was an 8x. This one runs every now and then, but today it seems to not even want to start. Tried loading it about 6 times, and I got nowhere with each try. (Burnt with IMGBURN)

Sometimes I get to the "How to hold the wii remote" page, then disc read error. Other times it doesn't even reach the wiimote page...Just goes directly into the error message.

So what could be up? I'm using the correct cIOS along with v.3 of the loader. I'm in the US, so I never bothered switching regions or anything, since I've got the US version of the game.

Both bad burns? Hard to believe... I actually sat and watched the 2nd burn to make sure the buffer levels stayed consistent.

I tried to burn a 3rd copy at 16x on my friends laptop, but it failed for some reason.

Any help would be appreciated.

samagon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You said you are using the correct cIOS. Just to make sure; are you using the one that came with the v0.3 loader or the cIOS with the read retry fix that WiiGator released the next day?

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samagon said:
You said you are using the correct cIOS. Just to make sure; are you using the one that came with the v0.3 loader or the cIOS with the read retry fix that WiiGator released the next day?

I am using the cIOS that was packaged with the loader when he first released it. I was completely unaware that there was a later released version. Would that file happen to be in his blog, or on another website?

If I install it, I'm assuming I will have to uninstall the loader, then reinstall, correct?

Thank you for your help.

kremmy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried forcing NTSC? I've had that fix game issues a few times, even though it was already an ntsc game on an ntsc wii and an ntsc tv.

Also, there's always the possibility that you got a bad ISO in the first place. Can you post the file size?

Melee54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, just wanted to let you know that I downloaded the updated read retry cIOS and now everything *seems* to be working fine now. I'll post back if I keep on getting the error still.

Thanks for all of your help!

hardcopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say that I had nothing but troubles before I stumbled across the "read retry fix" and now with that everything I have tried works brilliantly.

Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum
w/o retry it would crash after the title screen every time
w retry it has only done that one out of 20 or so loads

The others I tried after I had already installed the "read retry fix" so I don't know if they were "fixed" or not, but they all work with the .3b version with no problems.

Mario Kart, Hell's Kitchen and Wii Play (all NTSC, unpatched, burned with imgburn on generic media).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +1