Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can somebody please upload a cia with the latest pull request and commit for TWLoader? Sorry if asking that isn't allowed.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Inthe working games list there is Mario and Luigi - Partners in time (U), but the European version works equally well with 0.4.0.

I cant modify the file, if someone ca, please update it.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why push out updates if it breaks it and requires deleting everything and redownloading/reinstalling manually anyway.

I'd have turned auto update off if I'd know but wouldn't it simply be easier to remove the auto update function?

It worked fine for me before updating.

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Why push out updates if it breaks it and requires deleting everything and redownloading/reinstalling manually anyway.

I'd have turned auto update off if I'd know but wouldn't it simply be easier to remove the auto update function?

We are working on making this smoother.
I just committed a few changes that will make it work better out of the box.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States

You should treat this as alpha software. This and the bootstrap are very volatile, and if you don't want to put forth the effort to update it then don't use it until it reaches a level ground.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should treat this as alpha software. This and the bootstrap are very volatile, and if you don't want to put forth the effort to update it then don't use it until it reaches a level ground.
It's not that I don't want to put forth the effort to update it, I just think that auto updates shouldn't be featured right now.

If the op had a warning that auto updates were on but currently not working that would be cool, or if it was stated it was an alpha/volatile then I'd have known going in.

But how was I to know auto updates would be on by default yet break it when an update came out.

All I'm saying is warn people to turn the auto updates off, I personally didn't, at that point, need to update. It was working fine for me, I had all my cover's set up etc.

That's just my opinion anyway, I think twl is great, my ancient flash cart finally has a use so I didn't mean to come off entitled or salty, just thought that removing auto updates would be a good idea untill the process works as intended. =)

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
It's not that I don't want to put forth the effort to update it, I just think that auto updates shouldn't be featured right now.

If the op had a warning that auto updates were on but currently not working that would be cool, or if it was stated it was an alpha/volatile then I'd have known going in.

But how was I to know auto updates would be on by default yet break it when an update came out.

All I'm saying is warn people to turn the auto updates off, I personally didn't, at that point, need to update. It was working fine for me, I had all my cover's set up etc.

That's just my opinion anyway, I think twl is great, my ancient flash cart finally has a use so I didn't mean to come off entitled or salty, just thought that removing auto updates would be a good idea untill the process works as intended. =)
They haven't been on by default for quite a while. The latest release (and all those for January) have it disabled by default for this exact reason. This is why it's recommended to start fresh between each update because the built-in updater doesn't update the _nds directory.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They haven't been on by default for quite a while. The latest release (and all those for January) have it disabled by default for this exact reason. This is why it's recommended to start fresh between each update because the built-in updater doesn't update the _nds directory.
Awesome, cheer's for your help :)

bakawun

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
This is why it's recommended to start fresh between each update because the built-in updater doesn't update the _nds directory.
We're working on that.
first I am trying to make everything work without a _nds folder, once that is stable work can be started on migrating old values to new ones.
the project being so volatile right now it might be a simple reset settings button for a while...

pretty much trying to get the whole thing to work by just installing twloader.cia and having nothing else (but roms or a prepared flashcard)

Last edited by bakawun,
Reactions: AtlasFontaine

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
For your info, just a reminder for third time is anyone has missed. Nand side that was causing shutdown error when installing from TWLoader is solved in next release. That's mean that with the CURRENT version when you try to update, I'll STILL CRASH (the bug is in CURRENT release) but next from next WON'T!!

Just saying again to be sure everybody has read this.

Reactions: Valery0p

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TWLoader v3.3

What's new?
  • Set an LED color for any game. (by @umbjolt)
Improvements
  • Box art for games with "T" as last TID letter is now downloaded.
  • Box art is not downloaded for homebrew roms, due to them using "####" as the TID.
  • Message for checking banner data is no longer shown. Boosts up starting time.
Bug fixes
  • Auto-download crash is fixed. (by @umbjolt)

Last edited by RocketRobz,

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
- release notes -

Also I want to add something to all people that angry when something goes wrong. I always test my code several times before pushing to repo and I'm 100% sure @Robz8 do it too. Random crashes are present in EVERY software written by an human so please, understand that we are not machines. We can mess something up without noticing it. Also remember that we don't have neither all consoles variant / flashcards / games so please, to all that people that angry about crashes, I just want to remember that this is a Homebrew Development forum and all can be improve a lot with more time and more testing (that we do) so just enjoy what we share for free without waiting anything in return and don't angry if X function isn't working atm ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Robz8 would you mind to add this to OP?

(Always updated)
QR Codes:
9372592db89946c4264acbebec90d88f.png
679aa4a4816bdbc8cdf1029f61ce03bb.png

umbjolt

Wild jolteon
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you ;-D Robz and umbjolt; I hope this is the end of the crashes...
There are files on the sd to update?

This update is for GUI only ;)
EDIT: Ninja'd!! :ninja:

Also auto download it's downloading every time but now it's NOT crashing (where is the hate to me now? hahaha)

Cashoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
deta12.com
XP
Country
I have a New 3DS with latest Luma and AL9H. I've followed the instructions. I put contents of sdroot into root of my sd card, installed TWLoader side and TWLoader with FBI. I have the folder roms/nds with a rom inside it. However it just gets stuck on this.
6fxijyKm.jpg

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS with latest Luma and AL9H. I've followed the instructions. I put contents of sdroot into root of my sd card, installed TWLoader side and TWLoader with FBI. I have the folder roms/nds with a rom inside it. However it just gets stuck on this.
6fxijyKm.jpg
Create a file called "log" in "sdmc:/_nds/twloader/", then after getting stuck on this screen again, post the log file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also the game drops oct 25, so does call of duty black ops 6, i guess barbenheimer is happening...