Homebrew [Discontinued] TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone had success using Mario Kart DS online play via wiimfi in TwLoader? I tried patching the mario kart ds rom but I can't seem to connect. Changed DNS also in game settings. The step where "erase nintendo WFC config" is greyed out. When I try to connect I get an error code 51100. Anyone?
@Giodude tried successfully to use ALTwfc with bootstrap...

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success using Mario Kart DS online play via wiimfi in TwLoader? I tried patching the mario kart ds rom but I can't seem to connect. Changed DNS also in game settings. The step where "erase nintendo WFC config" is greyed out. When I try to connect I get an error code 51100. Anyone?
I haven't used wiimfi, but i have gotten amazing results from altwfc. Again make sure your dns is 104.131.093.87. also make sure you're using a network with either WEP security, which you aren't using unless you know you are, or a network with no password. The best way to do this is to make a mobile hotspot. If this still doesn't work, i heard deleting the save sometimes fixes is.

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized, is there a way to edit the names of the games displayed in the DSi Menu? In old versions of TWLoader you could edit the title text for each game by going into its respective .ini file, but now all that it's in the .ini file is the game path.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just realized, is there a way to edit the names of the games displayed in the DSi Menu? In old versions of TWLoader you could edit the title text for each game by going into its respective .ini file, but now all that it's in the .ini file is the game path.
The banner text is now in the banner file.

Reactions: kane159

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I see, and I assume there's no easy way to change that. Oh well, I'll just settle with displaying the .ini file names so I can differentiate between romhacks and stuff. Thanks for the quick reply!

Zhakien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems switching between the themes. Going from the R4 Theme to DSi or Wood caused a crash when exiting settings. Are there any tips for fixing this?

I'm using Ver. 4.0.2 BTW

Also, would changing the New3DS CPU settings in Luma make any difference in performance?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some problems switching between the themes. Going from the R4 Theme to DSi or Wood caused a crash when exiting settings. Are there any tips for fixing this?
Try a clean install of TWLoader.
Also, would changing the New3DS CPU settings in Luma make any difference in performance?
For games, no. CPU speed can be changed in Settings.

Zhakien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I think I might have found a workaround for how the Settings crash does not save any changes you made.

Basicly when you go into Settings and make your changes, instead of exiting back to the DSi Menu or whatever theme you are using, press the Home button and close instead. When you reopen TWL it should apply whatever changes you made in Settings.

Bryguy5849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post on here lol but with the recent update, I've noticed that when booting from flashcard in either the new R4 Menu or the Wood menu, you can hit L+R+A+B+Y+X and it brings you to the screen where its asking for a menu. My question is, can we get that menu working somehow? I already tried placing my Dual Core Firmware on the flashcard and it didnt do anything haha

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post on here lol but with the recent update, I've noticed that when booting from flashcard in either the new R4 Menu or the Wood menu, you can hit L+R+A+B+Y+X and it brings you to the screen where its asking for a menu. My question is, can we get that menu working somehow? I already tried placing my Dual Core Firmware on the flashcard and it didnt do anything haha
Pretty sure it also happens in the DSi Menu theme as well.

Bryguy5849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I meant to add that i havent tested it yet. Is there something we can do with it? Im assuming we can redirect it to your flashcard menu somehow?

Bryguy5849

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you implement a menu to shortcut back to the twloader gui? That would be very convenient for reasons I dont need to say

DestructiveSword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help. When I play Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Sky, it gives me an error. It worked before, but I deleted the .sav file and it said it made a new one, but then I saw the error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT