RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some (heee maybe multiple :P) question for understanding nds-bootstrap/TWLoader.

If I understand correctly, TWLoader work like this:

1. You set some settings (GUI/TWLoader) on TWLoader settings,and TWLoader write it to the main .ini
2. Select a game
3. Start NAND side
4. NAND side load nds-bootstrap
5. nds-boostrap apply patch and other and load another nds specified in the .ini by TWLoader

Why,instead of loading nds-bootstrap, TWLoader NAND side cannot just start another nds? (pretty sure it's because of thause patches but they cannot be implemented in twloader nand side itself?). What's the difference between these (nand side and nds-bootstrap,since they are both .nds (first one is a cia yeah but generated from an nds))

Thank :)
1. Yes.
2&3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. NDS path is set to nds-bootstrap.ini by TWLoader.

TWLNAND side can't patch card read functions, and nds-bootstrap cannot be started as a CIA.
TWLNAND side starts some other .nds files for flashcard loading.

Roboman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some (heee maybe multiple :P) question for understanding nds-bootstrap/TWLoader.

If I understand correctly, TWLoader work like this:

1. You set some settings (GUI/TWLoader) on TWLoader settings,and TWLoader write it to the main .ini
2. Select a game
3. Start NAND side
4. NAND side load nds-bootstrap
5. nds-boostrap apply patch and other and load another nds specified in the .ini by TWLoader

Why,instead of loading nds-bootstrap, TWLoader NAND side cannot just start another nds? (pretty sure it's because of thause patches but they cannot be implemented in twloader nand side itself?). What's the difference between these (nand side and nds-bootstrap,since they are both .nds (first one is a cia yeah but generated from an nds))

Also another question about TWLoader itself, what is the "donor rom" option? And ARM 7 swapping needed for NSMB?

Thank :)

The reason for the bootstrap file is that it is so much easier to update a file on SD than reinstall the whole bootstrap cia.

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No clue why but the latest update seems to crash. I extracted the latest update from the folder sdroot to the root of my 3DS's microSD and installed the cias.

Chopsuey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Got two problems, if i try to exit the Settings bressing (B) the TWLoader crashes and i got to the HomeMenue.

And i try to use my OLD M3REAL following the direction, but i can't choose it in the settings, it is grey out.
I Use a complete new SD Card with only the Files from the download.

D

Deleted User

I try to play Mario Kart DS off microSD card and it gives me white screen of death after DS boot screen. That .nds was dumped off my cartridge using Decrypt9WIP / HourGlass9, and it's EUR ROM, works fine with my R4i.

Since last update i dont see bootstrap version for un-official release
Me too. It seems to solve by deleting 'unofficial-bootstrap' file in SD:\_nds\twloader , but that file came back when I twice launch TWLoader, making "No version available" show up again.

Last edited by ,

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
I try to play Mario Kart DS off microSD card and it gives me white screen of death after DS boot screen. That .nds was dumped off my cartridge using Decrypt9WIP / HourGlass9, and it's EUR ROM, works fine with my R4i.

Me too. It seems to solve by deleting 'unofficial-bootstrap' file in SD:\_nds\twloader , but that file came back when I twice launch TWLoader, making "No version available" show up again.
Mine also says the same thing, it'll probably be fixed in the next release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land