Hacking Discovered a METHOD for UPDATING outdated Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
If this could allow me to get splatoon 2 2.3.3 on 3.0.0 then I am interested, but will it work ? idk because the update use a different masterkey afaik

Reactions: Phil5004

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's not that I need permission I wanted their input on if it was best to inform everyone how now or later.

I agree I think now would be better but I could be wrong.

On one hand releasing sooner could avoid an immediate patch idk for sure.

How about this, I'm getting the money together for Zelda Breath of the Wild as we speak based on my new findings. Happy enough NBA 2k18 is fully running, felt like I had wasted my money how limited the game is without an update.

I will be leaving for the store to Buy Zelda within a few hours. I'll probably just do the Game update video for Zelda as a how to. That should make many happy. To be clear i may just release the Game update method how to video today.

I will update everyone as soon as possible. Be sure to also subscribe to my YouTube page for when the videos are released

My YouTube page, subscribe for future videos.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmVqNwh6z2I0jj0MZvJD9CA

Ninty can block it on the server end, so I think you should just release it before it's too late. They might be read this post right now and checking out your log to fix it as you provide enough detail for them to do so.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You claim to have found a way to update games on 4.1.0 and possibly earlier firmwares. Post a few pics with version numbers and yadda yadda yadda. Then you turn around and say you'll have to talk to a dev to see if it's best to reveal now or later... I'm not following here. How does that make sense? If you've found a way, and are allegedly showing us, you might as well just tell us how at this point. Otherwise? Don't even hint at you finding something. The community here loves to get riled up.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The guy found out to update being on a lower firmware so let him decide what to do with it instead of acting like spoiled brats ''gimme,gimme, gimme''. If you want to know how well find a way yourself and then decide what to do with it seeing as he found it he gets to decide what and how and not the community

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Plus, the thread title is CAPITALISED exactly like a CLICKBAIT article.
Didn’t 5.0.2 just came out? When a new update comes out the eshop can be used and updates can be downloaded for limited time as I’ve been told...
Only on 5.0.0.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The guy found out to update being on a lower firmware so let him decide what to do with it instead of acting like spoiled brats ''gimme,gimme, gimme''. If you want to know how well find a way yourself and then decide what to do with it seeing as he found it he gets to decide what and how and not the community
I'm just saying, the whole "need to talk to a dev" shtick makes no sense. It's his deal, he can do what he wants.

Kazalber

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
is @SciresM still alive? or is he ninjaed by nintendo in order to stop his CFW?
Haha he is! If he's not active on here, he is on Twitter or Reddit.

Is SciresM the person I should be speaking with in regards to my findings? And questions about releasing my how to?

If not who do toys think I should be speaking with quickly before the release?
I'd say so, yes. He's the one working on Atmosphere. He's part of ReSwitched. He KNOWS this "field" so I'd suggest you contact him for advice.

Reactions: Kioku

Leonidas87

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
You claim to have found a way to update games on 4.1.0 and possibly earlier firmwares. Post a few pics with version numbers and yadda yadda yadda. Then you turn around and say you'll have to talk to a dev to see if it's best to reveal now or later... I'm not following here. How does that make sense? If you've found a way, and are allegedly showing us, you might as well just tell us how at this point. Otherwise? Don't even hint at you finding something. The community here loves to get riled up.

My finding we're barely hours ago if that I'd have to check the time.

I want to purchase and update Zelda Breath of the Wild today.

Some patience I may just release a how to one way or another today but again I'll ask for the negativity to be kept to a minimal. I've been apart of projects in the past and hostility is one thing that can ruin a good community.

Everyone should be happy TODAY I MAY BE RELEASING MY FINDINGS THE SAME DAY.

I'd say that's pretty good.

Jailbreaks, rooting and our 4.1.0 update method all get held from release for specific beneficial reasons. I'm sure we'd all be pissed if I release the method and a patch occurs before most can say purchase a game and update it. People might be just waking up seeing this post. Let the word spread so when I do release the how to everyone is prepared and ready to go.

Maybe there's a game you have to go and buy then update. Wouldn't you rather have time to prepare. Maybe your waiting for Friday's pay heck and this method gets patched on Thursday your out of luck because I released the method to fast.

On the other hand I would like to release as fast as Possible.

I'm not telling anyone to Buy a game that needs UPDATING that's your own discretion but if the method works I'm happy to have helped others.

I need time to figure this out. Talk amongst yourselves and let me figure this out.

Keep the conversation positive that's all I ask.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
My finding we're barely hours ago if that I'd have to check the time.

I want to purchase and update Zelda Breath of the Wild today.

Some patience I may just release a how to one way or another today but again I'll ask for the negativity to be kept to a minimal. I've been apart of projects in the past and hostility is one thing that can ruin a good community.

Everyone should be happy TODAY I MAY BE RELEASING MY FINDINGS THE SAME DAY.

I'd say that's pretty good.

Jailbreaks, rooting and our 4.1.0 update method all get held from release for specific beneficial reasons. I'm sure we'd all be pissed if I release the method and a patch occurs before most can say purchase a game and update it. People might be just waking up seeing this post. Let the word spread so when I do release the how to everyone is prepared and ready to go.

Maybe there's a game you have to go and buy then update. Wouldn't you rather have time to prepare. Maybe your waiting for Friday's pay heck and this method gets patched on Thursday your out of luck because I released the method to fast.

On the other hand I would like to release as fast as Possible.

I'm not telling anyone to Buy a game that needs UPDATING that's your own discretion but if the method works I'm happy to have helped others.

I need time to figure this out. Talk amongst yourselves and let me figure this out.

Keep the conversation positive that's all I ask.
Getting the ball rolling. I like it! Also, skepticism shouldn't surprise you. The temp has seen many "teases". Some with a promise of release with nothing to show for it. I'm here because I'm curious. I'm on 5.0.0, so it may not do much for me, honestly.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1